Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Stock Turbo Quest for 9's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Go with the new QM 8 leg and never have to worry about that.
Sorry for thread jacking. But does that work on the 6 speed?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Those are banners, not stickers lol. We repped the HECK out of your work for you guys this weekend though! Dave Buschur said your welds are INSANE! Your work impressed every single person we talked to at the event, even the big dogs. The ToxicFab logo on FMIC is the only thing you see on the front view of the car and looks mean in the pics of it staging at the tree Make sure to send us some more suitable stickers though!

Everyone...there isn't a better fabrication shop out there right now than ToxicFab!!! These guys are raising the bar and they are raising it very high!

Just WAIT until you see the plugs we got you guys of your work in Slanted Jays video footage of the entire event!!!!!

-Jamie

Haha, just busting your huevos man! Looking forward to the 9 sec pass when you guys get a fresh turbo on there!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

congrats tyler. thanks again for the water pump
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I know I am a little behind in posting but i kind of lack in the technology department as it goes into the car instead lol. But WOW is all i can say about this past weekend at the shootout and the past year of building this car. It was an intense weekend in which started out hectic as Jamie said with a crazy amount of clutch jobs on the car to trying to find a new turbo at the track after it decided it was done.

It was my first shootout and i couldn't even tell you what happen as i spent most of my time in the staging lanes and making changes to the car as needed. I had not been racing in 3 years let alone on slicks etc as Jamie previously stated and my nerves were through the roof and the pressure i felt to achieve my goal was enormous. But once strapped in the car and a few warm up passes to get the jitters out of the way it was game time and on my 4th pass ever in the car it went 10.08 @ 132 and then we backed it up later in the day with a 10.13 which at this point the turbo was done. We continued to run it on Sunday in which i pulled my best 60foot of the weekend a 1.41 but missed 3rd and probably my 9 second pass, but still getting used to the car. The rest of the day the turbo killed our 2 step and bogged every time off the line, so we will be fixing that and heading back to the track asap to go for 9s

A couple highlight of the weekend was getting to meet David Buschur, and race his Badbish in the qualifying for the quick 16. It was a honor to meet you Dave and finally see the Badbish in person and to race against it was for me awesome, just wish it had been a clean pass for me so it would have been a better race. Not that i stood a chance. Best of Luck to you with the auto build. Eagerly awaiting results! Thanks for the Awesome motor as well! It has been through hell and back already and still runs like a champ!

Also got to hang out with Emery and the crew over at STM. They are a great group of guys and helped us in many ways this weekend from lending a tatrix cable to emery sharing some driving tips with me. I cant thank you guys enough for the support throughout the build and look forward to working together more in the future and going racing sometime before the season is up this year. Also was amazing to see the RS and Ricer in person, and what clean cars they were, I have a lot of work to do to make my RS look like yours Emery! And almost forgot i raced your RS but at this point my turbo was fried and couldn't get off the line but it was a blast to get to line up against the rs and see it go down the track from the driver seat! That car is fast, and I can not wait to see what it does in the future. Congrats on your record this weekend Emery!

Lastly id like to thank everyone who helped support me through this build, my family for supporting me since the beginning, Jason (AngryAero) for the awesome aerodynamic parts that make the car cut through the air like butter, Collin @ ToxicFab for all the amazing fabrication parts, The parts truely are the best in the industry right now in my opinion and I'm very glad to have had you on board for this build, your work speaks for itself! Emery, Brian and everyone else over at STM for all the support since day 1 and helping piece together the car, and all the advice you gave us at the shootout and along the way, you guys were a huge help and i can not thank you enough and look forward to working together more in the future. Last but not Least the crew over at DynoTech who helped me all weekend racing to get the car to break the record. Brian thank you very much for all the parts and time to work on the car, would not have been possible without that especially the clutch which allowed us to make it down the track. And last but not least Jamie @ DynoTech, i could not have done this without you and all the hard work we put into the car, all the late nights and early mornings, and the amazing tune. I can not thank you enough. Now just to let me get my seat time so we can go faster!

Thanks to everyone else and we will be back out to the track here very soon going for 9s!

-Tyler
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Was nice to finally meet you Tyler! Congrats again on taking the Evo stock turbo world record!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats Tyler and Dynotech! It was great to finally meet all you guys and hang out at the track on Saturday. Car was looking sick, you guys did a great job on that car and congrats on getting the Stock Turbo record
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I can soon tell people stock turbo Evo's can run 9s lmao that sounds so badass. Just shows anything is possible with this car amazing work to everyone involved in the project.

Any video???
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush
Wow I can soon tell people stock turbo Evo's can run 9s lmao that sounds so badass. Just shows anything is possible with this car amazing work to everyone involved in the project.

Any video???
haha that's kind of a stretch... this car is in full race form
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

You can definitely say that a stock turbo evo HAS run 9's but it's not something you will see often in your lifetime lol. The purpose of Tyler's goal of 9's on a stock turbo ended up having two purposes. The first was to just have fun by having a project with an extreme limitation, the turbo. The second part was to help us build the most efficient setup we could and the stock turbo made it easier to see where our efficiency gains were evident. Now, whenever a larger turbo is bolted up, we know that the setup will work about as efficiently as possible.

There are 2 major factors that help improve track times...POWER and WEIGHT. We knew that the power had a severe limit so we simply removed as much rotational mass as we could to get the power levels as high as they would go. Then came the weight. 2241lbs wet weight without driver and 2426lbs with driver and helmet is pretty darn light and we have another 50-60lbs of mods we didn't have time to do before the shootout either.

Another reason that we wanted to lighten the car was to combat the 100-150lbs of weight that will be added for the 8.50 rollcage, scatter shield, driveshaft loop, etc... In the next few weeks before the EF4 turbo is unleashed. All in all, this is one fun project and we're glad to have a big part in it. It seems that all of our sponsors on this car have fun seeing how unique it is

-Jamie
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
It was great meeting the dynotech team, congrates on the 10.0 and the stock turbo record

Devin
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Was nice to finally meet you Tyler! Congrats again on taking the Evo stock turbo world record!
Great to meet you to Jason. Wish i had got to see your car run, but i know you and Devin will have the car running like a champ in no time. Cant wait to see what the car does. One awesome street car you have there.

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Congrats Tyler and Dynotech! It was great to finally meet all you guys and hang out at the track on Saturday. Car was looking sick, you guys did a great job on that car and congrats on getting the Stock Turbo record
Thanks Joey! Was great to finally meet you too and get to see Junkbox in person. Never got to see you race as you know how it is when you are racing, not much time for anything else. I did catch you going through the traps at 165 from the pit area. If you want to take a trip will be going to MIR in November. Good use a little more evo representation.

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
It was great meeting the dynotech team, congrates on the 10.0 and the stock turbo record

Devin
Thanks! It was nice to meet you as well. Heard a lot about you from Joey and Jason and was def cool to get to see your 2G. Car is awesome. Idk how you made it through the weekend with all the cars you were taking care of and racing. Congrats to you and Joey for going 1-2 in the quick 16! Ill be back at the track soon going for 9s with a full cage!

-Tyler
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is a nice video that someone put on YouTube with the record pass and another that backed it up. After the record pass, the turbo was already dead but we came a long way to get some seat time with the car so we gave it a go,lol. The second video is made by our friend Gary and there are some nice shots of the car in the beginning of the video.

Last edited by Dynotech Tuning; Aug 25, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled

Badass video or Tyler's car, he posted it on my FB wall. I like the music, haha...I know why you guys didn't run 9s...That damn headlight air duct is holding you back!!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much boost were you guys spiking this thing to? I asked before with no response.

Saw the 10.00 pass, car was deff getting down!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
How much boost were you guys spiking this thing to? I asked before with no response.

Saw the 10.00 pass, car was deff getting down!

I wanna say I remember hearing somewhere around 40psi!

Quick Reply: Stock Turbo Quest for 9's