Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

New WW IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome!!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

That looks really clean, nice work!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car cant wait to see more!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Does the car have any scratches/rock chips on it? My car only has 17k on it, but I have some scratches/rock chips from commuting with it...

I've actually thought about selling my WW GSR for a WW MR. So I'm even crazier than you.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:11 AM

Looks like they did a nice job with the clear bra buddy!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Kreeker
Does the car have any scratches/rock chips on it? My car only has 17k on it, but I have some scratches/rock chips from commuting with it...

I've actually thought about selling my WW GSR for a WW MR. So I'm even crazier than you.
I think if it bothers you enough and you have the means, you should do it.. no point keeping something you're not really happy with - I actually saw one with 14k miles in the FS section

In terms of the "MR" part, I'm happy with how smoothly the 6 speed shifts, though it's way shorter gearing than i had hoped, especially coming from the ultimate ratio. I'm getting it built by TRE for its notorious 4th gear. I like the aluminum roof that has the vanes or whatever that run down each side, the rest of it that's "MR" will be swapped out, but it's also nice to have the "top of the line" model that everyone asks about/was tested/marketed, and it holds its value better too.

Mostly I'm happy because its WW, but since I was switching cars there's no way I'd switch to a GSR for all the trouble.

No scratches/rock chips etc., thanks to the previous owner's meticulous care and wrapping the bumper in painter's tape for long trips. And now it won't (shouldn't) since it's got the clear bra on it. There's some kind of scuff on the drivers sideview mirror but that's it, and the mirrors are covered w/ clear bra as well now anyway.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
I think if it bothers you enough and you have the means, you should do it.. no point keeping something you're not really happy with - I actually saw one with 14k miles in the FS section

In terms of the "MR" part, I'm happy with how smoothly the 6 speed shifts, though it's way shorter gearing than i had hoped, especially coming from the ultimate ratio. I'm getting it built by TRE for its notorious 4th gear. I like the aluminum roof that has the vanes or whatever that run down each side, the rest of it that's "MR" will be swapped out, but it's also nice to have the "top of the line" model that everyone asks about/was tested/marketed, and it holds its value better too.

Mostly I'm happy because its WW, but since I was switching cars there's no way I'd switch to a GSR for all the trouble.

No scratches/rock chips etc., thanks to the previous owner's meticulous care and wrapping the bumper in painter's tape for long trips. And now it won't (shouldn't) since it's got the clear bra on it. There's some kind of scuff on the drivers sideview mirror but that's it, and the mirrors are covered w/ clear bra as well now anyway.
I want to get a clear bra, but I'd have get the paint fixed fixed first. I only a few chips, but it annoys me no end. You have any idea how much if would cost to get a few chips fixed + clear bra?

Honestly my main draw towards the MR is the HIDs. Retrofitting HIDs + Fogs is a complete ***** on the GSR.

I wish I would have known what I know now when I was buying my car because I definitely would have went with an MR. When I was buying I actually had a harder time finding a clean, WW GSR than an MR. I ended up having my car shipped from Florida to NY... The tranny was what scared me off, but honesty now that I own the car I really cannot see myself going over the limits of the 6-speed.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
I want to get a clear bra, but I'd have get the paint fixed fixed first. I only a few chips, but it annoys me no end. You have any idea how much if would cost to get a few chips fixed + clear bra?

Honestly my main draw towards the MR is the HIDs. Retrofitting HIDs + Fogs is a complete ***** on the GSR.

I wish I would have known what I know now when I was buying my car because I definitely would have went with an MR. When I was buying I actually had a harder time finding a clean, WW GSR than an MR. I ended up having my car shipped from Florida to NY... The tranny was what scared me off, but honesty now that I own the car I really cannot see myself going over the limits of the 6-speed.
Ah true - I actually have a very legit $180 hid kit with super slim ballasts and 4500K Philips bulbs on my GSR - let me know if you want to work a deal, there are cheaper sets though obviously. And yeah I gave up on putting fogs on the GSR, total nightmare, not a wiring guy.

Not sure on the paint chips stuff, and the clearbra depends on how much you do and who you go to and what you use. I would definitely say go with the high quality stuff that has warranty or you'll end up doing it again every so often, and you'll kick yourself when that time comes.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
There are a couple jdm ix tails running around the forum for sale. Go look at my thread in my sig and youll see how it looks on mine. I have a ww ix with authentic jdm tails.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
There are a couple jdm ix tails running around the forum for sale. Go look at my thread in my sig and youll see how it looks on mine. I have a ww ix with authentic jdm tails.
yeah i love how jdm tails look, I'm definitely going for it. just taking my time cuz there are a lot of changes planned
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:45 PM

very nice! something about the ww, I wish I had a ww!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by >BlazinEvo<
very nice! something about the ww, I wish I had a ww!
i did too
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Very nice car Sam!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Nice pick up man. I wish I found a WW EVO with that low of miles lol. Good luck!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
Very nice car Sam!
Thanks Cisco - can't wait for you guys to take a look!

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Nice pick up man. I wish I found a WW EVO with that low of miles lol. Good luck!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: New WW IX MR