Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Most-Wanted's NASCAR Camping World Truck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Pin ups- thanks. It's only a shipping container away

Michaelrc51- thanks. Number was the original number used from Eddie Sharp Racing. I felt it was bad karma to change the number so I kept the 46. Love RC51's btw..
Old Aug 2, 2014, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Inside joke really between teams but the video is kind of cool and shows the truck. Just find the video on Vimeo. Here are a few pics of the truck with Eddie sharp. The truck was also owned by Kyle Busch when he started his truck team.

This link should work for the video.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Aug 2, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
That video is great!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah down to earth guys. Eddie is a super nice guy. He has helped me a lot.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Aug 2, 2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Pin ups- thanks. It's only a shipping container away

Michaelrc51- thanks. Number was the original number used from Eddie Sharp Racing. I felt it was bad karma to change the number so I kept the 46. Love RC51's btw..

Yeah, me too.
I have seen you on WERA BBS and 6speeedonline.
What is that a 916/996 in your sig?

Great project!
Nice vid!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by michaelrc51
Yeah, me too.
I have seen you on WERA BBS and 6speeedonline.
What is that a 916/996 in your sig?

Great project!
Nice vid!
Well I wish that it was But oddly and slightly embarrassed to say it was a unique Honda NSF100. I've had 600's and 1000's but wanted to get some good seat time. And at that time I was able to race mini GP 3 nights a week vs the bigger bike limiting me to like once a month and having to travel far to do. The mini did 100 and was a blast to ride. It was some of the funniest riding I have ever done. Miss it but on to the next adventure. thanks for the compliments. I'm looking at RC51's now actually just to have a fun bike to ride. Haven't had a street bike in a long time. Still have yours?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Well I wish that it was But oddly and slightly embarrassed to say it was a unique Honda NSF100. I've had 600's and 1000's but wanted to get some good seat time. And at that time I was able to race mini GP 3 nights a week vs the bigger bike limiting me to like once a month and having to travel far to do. The mini did 100 and was a blast to ride. It was some of the funniest riding I have ever done. Miss it but on to the next adventure. thanks for the compliments. I'm looking at RC51's now actually just to have a fun bike to ride. Haven't had a street bike in a long time. Still have yours?

LOL, yeah....it looks a bit undersized. That front end/ number plate looks like the front end of a 916/996.

No, I bought one new in 2001 and had it 2 years, man I loved that bike. Then I gave up the street for a bit. Bought a CBR1k in 2007 and then a R6 in 2008 when I learned that smaller really was faster!
Then I sold the R6 in 2011 and haven't had a motorcycle since. Now wee live in a highly traveled motorcycle route and it kills me to be without one.
When I had mine there was a guy who had 70k on his and the motor was still in great shape. Just check for the swingarm cracking.
Some nice RCs out there for cheap!

If I end up getting another motorcycle it will probably be either a street/ track RSV4 or a R6 track bike.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah great bike. I may end up with one. But love the RR's. Who knows.

Video of it running...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Aug 3, 2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work Brian. Congrats.

Any chance of you bringing it to the drag strip one time to see what she will run in the 1/4?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Remy
Nice work Brian. Congrats.

Any chance of you bringing it to the drag strip one time to see what she will run in the 1/4?
Thanks. And I have thought of it. I may do it more for a fun thing. I custom geared both the trans and rear for road course. I took the rear from 5.67 to 3.89. It's pretty tall for the 1/4 mile. But the trans ratios are far more ideal than what was in it for Nascar duty. So it's hard to say what it will do. Power is around 700 now and it weighs 3374#. To be honest I haven't driven it yet. It is 100% turn key ready to go. But the hardest part about owning something like this is the inability to drive it anywhere. It's a pretty big ordeal to get it on the track. First outing is still scheduled for Sept 6/7. I'll keep this updated with info pics and videos as I get them. Haven't posted much because haven't done much. Just finishing decals and seat mounting/harness now. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where/what is the outing on the Sept 6/7? If it's close enough, I'd like to check it out.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ityn
Where/what is the outing on the Sept 6/7? If it's close enough, I'd like to check it out.
If your in Kannapolis NC it's a fairly long drive. The event is the "Kids Racing For Life" event at Sebring Raceway. Sebring Florida. I can post up an address. It's a PBOC HPDE event. Always a good time. I'm desperately trying to get everything ready for this event. I still need a winch and race ramps. I'm just about out of time
Old Dec 29, 2014, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Some updated pics. Truck runs great. Looking for upcoming events at Sebring and Daytona in early Spring. Haven't driven it yet but she is ready.

New greenhouse cover and Toyota Care decals.

Old Aug 16, 2015, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wheres the update on this, how did the events go ???
Old Aug 16, 2015, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USCGSAM
wheres the update on this, how did the events go ???
Hasn't been much to update so I havent posted. Truck is 100% ready to drive. It has been stored at a NASCAR shop for the last 5 months while we are building a new house. We are talking with Kyle Busch about getting some numbers for it since it was one of his trucks. So switching from 46 to 18. It's first event is Sebring Sept 11-13 for a children's charity. I'm going to get the truck the weekend before. Just busy with my 5yo starting school this year etc. I'll post up the latest pics. Thanks for the interest. Truck starts right up and seems eager to stretch its legs. Just trying to find the time to do that is the hard part.

Quick Reply: Most-Wanted's NASCAR Camping World Truck