Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

The Quintessential Mid 2000's rice car - 04 Ralliart Content Inside

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool! I'd like to see this ducktail.

I sold my RA shortly after buying my Evo 9. I miss the RA everyday... :/
The following users liked this post:
CDrinkH2O (Dec 9, 2017)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can kind of see the ducktail there. I was going to buy a bunch of stuff from RRM, but now I've got different ideas. I've been talking to cars4youcustom about how much a WRC05 body would be to get it to my door and I'm looking sub $7000. Just going to using the RA as the donor car.

I had plans of converting to an evo when I bought the car, but then my new job allowed me enough money to buy one, so I didn't want to rip apart my RA when I could buy an evo. When it came time to sell the RA I was unimpressed with all of the unmolested evos in my area. Then I decided to keep the RA and do something unique. We'll see if this pans out. I'll probably be buying everything around tax return season.

May happen, not for sure but it'd be really unique.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 05:43 PM

Haven't been saving my money, bought a gen 4 UTS15 shotgun and spent way too much on christmas presents.

On the plus side I've been driving the crap out of the car trying to find the weaknesses.

So far with HTR ZII's, Tein Street Basis coils and stock brakes the car rotates and handles the way I'd like to for street driving, when pushed you feel the car rotate nicely around the driving position. Kind of hard to describe but it's very similar feeling to a well put together EP civic. Brakes do need some work though. I'm still on the edge of going with upgraded stock setup or outlander parts. When doing more aggressive driving(beyond just spirited street driving) is where the cars weak points really hold it back. Brakes fade fairly quickly and understeer comes on quickly when you come into a corner too hot or doing multiple hairpin turns. What's good about this chassis is that a quick stab of the brakes correct the understeer and left foot braking through the hairpins helps keep it feel a bit more planted but an LSD would really help, especially when applying power coming out of the corner and not having the inside tire start to spin or hop.

With my brother's car

Rained today, went out for some fun.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 08:27 PM

Got them depo headlights on

Installed the hood

Then this happened

Exhaust too loud(which it isn't), no plate, no registration in car.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:29 PM

So I've been converted to the blue side after 2 evos I drove had bad transfer cases.

Got a great deal on an 05 STi with a built engine(Nitride crank, king bearings, thick STi rods, and other goodies), new clutch, JDM optional fogs, JDM optional lip, JDM Spec C STi lights, BLITZ Nur spec exhaust, new tires, and a bunch of other things I'm forgetting. I'm planning on keeping it stock-ish. Don't see myself selling this one any time soon.