Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Anxious Evo build

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needed a big catch can for big power
Cylinder head came back around June. I wasn't in a rush considering these things get pricey fast so I was planning on going an entire year without this turd. But boy everyone loves some great head!
Previously running an exedy twin disc, made the jump to a triple disc hyper series
Old Sep 1, 2017, 01:59 AM

Finally got the new mounts in, as well as the bottom end. Starting to look like a car again. July 2017
Went with a Magnus V5 ported intake manifold and a full blown throttle body. Originally had a stock ported curt brown
As for the engine I decided to go with GRP aluminum rods for my setup. Local in Denver too!
Now it's September 1st and by this picture you can't really tell, but the head is getting ready to be put on. The clutch is in, I had new stainless steel brake lines, pads, and rotors put on as well. Now we have to get ready for the next step which will be timing her, and then it's off to get new hot parts. Going forward facing this time
Old Sep 1, 2017, 02:28 AM

It's not gonna be the anxious evo without the plate 🤷🏻*♂️ As far as goals or anything, eventually I want to shoot over 1000hp. Just hard to achieve up here so high in the sky. Now the car is close to being gutted, just have a few more things I plan on taking out. Ideally I want the car to be around 2700 pounds with me in it, but it's gonna take more big things to cut out. Sunroof, doors, subframes,etc. I plan on doing the AMS carbon roof, carbon doors, and definitely need a roll cage
Old Sep 1, 2017, 02:35 AM

For more frequent updates check it out on Facebook: anxious evo or instagram: anxiousderek
Old Sep 1, 2017, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
One word savage lol

I would love to do this to my 04 it will be a slow process in a couple of years after the wife and I buy our house.

Might i ask what was the final bill on all of it maybe a rough ball park lol
Old Sep 1, 2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_Goodness
One word savage lol

I would love to do this to my 04 it will be a slow process in a couple of years after the wife and I buy our house.

Might i ask what was the final bill on all of it maybe a rough ball park lol
All good things take time! Honestly having a house is a way better investment, so congrats to you and your wife on that! Final bill...hmm, I wanna say roughly 27k or so? And that's through a small builder. I'm sure if I went to a big name like AMS, English, Buschur, etc it would have been more. Well worth it to go to them though
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek.edstedt
All good things take time! Honestly having a house is a way better investment, so congrats to you and your wife on that! Final bill...hmm, I wanna say roughly 27k or so? And that's through a small builder. I'm sure if I went to a big name like AMS, English, Buschur, etc it would have been more. Well worth it to go to them though

Oh ya 100 percent house is our main priority I get to sneak a few parts in here or there for the evo so I'm happy plus when it's time I'm only like 45 minutes from English racing lol so ondont habe to truck the car anywhere
Old Sep 1, 2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Goodness
Oh ya 100 percent house is our main priority I get to sneak a few parts in here or there for the evo so I'm happy plus when it's time I'm only like 45 minutes from English racing lol so ondont habe to truck the car anywhere
haha! Eventually she's gonna notice the car coming together!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
1000hp that's crazy. I'll be following this build
Old Sep 2, 2017, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by uzumaki
1000hp that's crazy. I'll be following this build
thanks for the support! Now to see if I make it
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:49 AM

The engine is in. Had to figure out some fuel issues since it's all custom now. Had to clean out the front mount due to years of driving with it getting filthy. Getting sent off for hot parts now
Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you driven it without PS or an evo without PS? I heard it's pretty unbearable for anything but a drag car but I'm interested to hear other opinions.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
looking good, how did u like ur ported curt brown intake /tb? been thinking on sending mines to him to get done
Old Sep 14, 2017, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by rosuegk7
Have you driven it without PS or an evo without PS? I heard it's pretty unbearable for anything but a drag car but I'm interested to hear other opinions.
I have not driven it without power steering, nor any other one. I'm sure it's going to be a pain in the butt, however from the guys I know who said they've done it, they all say at low speeds it sucks, but at higher speeds you can't really tell the difference
Old Sep 14, 2017, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Eric SlowEvo8
looking good, how did u like ur ported curt brown intake /tb? been thinking on sending mines to him to get done
Thanks you! I liked it a lot! Actually surprised me at how far these stock manifolds can go just from a good port job. You won't be disappointed that's for sure!

Quick Reply: Anxious Evo build