Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

The Make Beli-evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've tested my 2 byte values and verified they work. Also tested my timing and fuel big maps mods and the target afr follows the fuel maps but the timing seems to be off. I'll have to double check the changes I made.

I'm finally getting around to some traction upgrades that are long overdue. I bought an MFactory helical LSD for my rear diff to match the MFactory helical LSD in the transfer case. Now I have to find which inner axle cups fit it I'd also like to get the billet diff cover and caps. I'm expecting a 1.5 60ft this year! Anyways, here's some pics of the LSD:

Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:47 PM

My favorite picture from last summer
Old Apr 10, 2018, 02:33 PM

My plan is to make it to the track later this month if the weather cooperates so it's time to get my *** in gear and install some parts!

Here's the rear end parts I have: MFactory Evo 7/8/9 helical LSD, Evo 8 inner axle cups, Frontline Fabrication billet diff cover, and billet diff mounts (already installed side mount, will do rears later)

Rear subframe dropped and diff drained

Diff housing cleaned out, bearings pressed on, ring gear swapped and LSD installed in housing

Repainted the subframe and reinstalled everything in the car

A while back I swapped to a Diamante 65mm tb that uses a 2 bolt iac. The evo tb uses a 3 bolt iac. Both tb's use the same housing gasket so they can be swapped. I'll be keeping the 2 bolt iac.

Stay tuned!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

Glad to still be able to follow this, thanks for posting that link on c3G. I'll live through your fast 3G until I can secure this job.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Glad to see your still messing with this car. Ive been following this build since it started back on Club3G. Keep up the good work man!!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by repforenzo
😎
Originally Posted by gabessdsp
Glad to still be able to follow this, thanks for posting that link on c3G. I'll live through your fast 3G until I can secure this job.
Yeah I'm happy you guys still have interest! You'll love the new changes I'm making!
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Glad to see your still messing with this car. Ive been following this build since it started back on Club3G. Keep up the good work man!!
Will do! I have lots of exciting changes I'll be revealing later on this week
Old May 2, 2018, 11:42 AM

That thing is great, love the uniqueness
Old May 8, 2018, 11:54 AM

Okay guys couple big updates. I'm adding an oil cooler, going to a half size radiator, and building a new turbo kit. I wanted it to be forward facing but don't have enough room.

Oil cooler, fan, and lines

Half size radiator with 20an fittings welded on

The oil cooler and trans cooler are the exact same setup and the turbo sits right in front

Close up

There's a lot left to do but it's coming along. I'll try to post as I go
Old Jun 4, 2018, 04:38 PM

Front header is all done

Building the dumptubes

Turbo placement

Intercooler installed about an inch lower than previous turbo kit

Vacuum manifold installed and AN lines made/ran for truboost solenoid, truboost gauge, wastegates, synchronic bov, and aeromotive fpr

Last edited by Murkrow; Jun 4, 2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
so much ****
Old Jun 11, 2018, 04:04 PM

I finished up my new turbo kit just in time to make it to Proving Grounds! Here's how the bumper exit exhaust turned out

On the way to Brainerd, MN

How the car looked

My first 1/4mi pass

My best 1/4mi pass after raising the boost. The car kept spinning off the line so I dropped the tire pressure from 30psi to 24psi. Then to 17psi. It seemed to get worse and the track wasn't prepped that day

I decided to do some roll racing since the car had awesome pull at the top end. I left it on my low boost setting since I noticed a little breakup (probably cause I was at 1/4 tank and the plugs are getting old). I raced a twin turbo truck, a modded GTR, a modded BMW M4, and a McLaren MP4-12C and beat them all!

Facebook Post

More awesomeness to come

Last edited by Murkrow; Jun 11, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 06:08 PM
gio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice build i have an 05 4g64 built on boost in the process of going AWD soon and aiming for 1000AWHP
Old Jun 24, 2018, 06:10 PM
gio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a quick pic of it on the way to the weekend race meets
Old Aug 30, 2018, 05:06 PM

As many in the 3G community know (seems like when 1 person knows everyone knows), I spun a rod bearing at the last track event a month ago. It happened from a combination of extreme overheating, running thinner oil, and raising the rev limiter. The bearing overheated the rod so it was replaced and the bob weight matched. My original intention was to have the crank machined for oversize rod bearings. My machinist said the journal was too badly damaged and I ended up needing a new crankshaft as well. Finding a second-hand crank for these engines is a next-to-impossible feat. I had to pull an entire junkyard engine just for the crank. The crank was in fantastic condition so all it needed was to be polished and balanced. With a new set of King rod and main bearings and Cometic head gaskets it was ready to be reassembled. I had the full long block assembled and installed in a weekend and it runs great.

While the car was down I addressed the overheating issue. I needed more cooling capacity and airflow and only have 2 ways of doing it: 1) custom build a larger radiator that can use a higher displacement fan or 2) add an additional radiator. I decided to do both. I took a full size Mishimoto aluminum radiator and cut it to fit in the stock location next to the turbo. This made it around 50-60% of the original size and gives me around 20-30% more capacity due to the increased width, thickness, and tank size. I found the best route to a secondary heat dissipation source was an additional heater core. I found one with a high BTU rating that was compact enough to fit in the stock muffler location. This added a gallon of coolant to the system and the heat is away from the engine bay. I used the stock driver's side radiator fan since the standoffs were there. My temps are now lower than when the car was naturally aspirated!

I made a few simple and very effective mods/maintenance to my transmission while I waited for the machine shop and can test them out at the track mid September! If you guys had enough interest to read all of that (even though it's not an evo) I appreciate it! Stay tuned
The following users liked this post:
bakuro117 (Aug 31, 2018)

Quick Reply: The Make Beli-evo