Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

06 MR - The Baby Hauler Build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Met up with Soso and his friend over the weekend. Cool people for sure. We made a fun drive up to Arrowhead where it was nice and cold. Had some lunch and had a good time.

The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Nov 26, 2018)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Met up with Soso and his friend over the weekend. Cool people for sure. We made a fun drive up to Arrowhead where it was nice and cold. Had some lunch and had a good time.

That was an awesome day for sure Sean! Thanks again for having us...now we just gotta get your mods installed and get you out to the track with us .
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
That was an awesome day for sure Sean! Thanks again for having us...now we just gotta get your mods installed and get you out to the track with us .

Great to see you SoCal guys meeting up

Track day this weekend at Fontana. You can come and hard park & check out the paddock. Should be some big hitters there this weekend (Sat & Sun)

Joe
SoSoEVO (Nov 26, 2018)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

Track day this weekend at Fontana. You can come and hard park & check out the paddock. Should be some big hitters there this weekend (Sat & Sun)

Joe
I'm down to drop by for a bit Joe...what time and day are you going?
MinusPrevious (Nov 26, 2018)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
I just need a down pipe and high flow cat and I will be ready for the track. Well and time to put everything I already have on and then adjust my tune to match haha. Slowly getting there! But yes, we all need to get together at the track one of these days.

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

Joe
You going to be there on Sat and Sun? I might have some time to swing by.
SoSoEVO (Nov 27, 2018)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 07:54 AM
EvoM Guru

I up for Sat or Sun depending on weather. I also know a really good Mexican food spot near the speedway we can go to after if we wanted.

Last edited by SoSoEVO; Nov 27, 2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 07:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I just need a down pipe and high flow cat and I will be ready for the track. Well and time to put everything I already have on and then adjust my tune to match haha. Slowly getting there! But yes, we all need to get together at the track one of these days.

You going to be there on Sat and Sun? I might have some time to swing by.
As long as the weather is OK, i will be there early Sat morn. I walk the paddock & stay for a few hours ($10 to get in. Full garage access & you can park in the garage area)

EDIT: Just checked the weather. Looks like possible rain on Sat. Never rains in So.Cal
Old Nov 27, 2018, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

You know it always seems to rain on the weekends. Couldnt be just during the week. Kinda like the wind, it always comes on trash day. Never fails.

Well I guess we will wait and see what the weather is like and go from there.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Finally found some time to install my first real mod. ETS intake. Didn't think it was going to be so loud on spool up. Pictures are way out of order but you get the point.

I dont really like the fitment so it will be coming back off and getting modified. Also going to add a custom heat shield. Should turn out good when I'm done!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Looking good Sean! Did you redo the piping over the weekend to get it perfect?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, didnt touch the Evo over the weekend. Sad, I know. Dad life haha.

To make the intake fit better, all I have to do is trim down the couplers a bit. I am thinking about an inch overall so that the filter can slip down past the ACD reservoir. The time consuming part is going to be making the heat shield. I will start with a card board template and once I get it to fit, transfer it over to some Plexiglas. It will be bolted up between the MAF and filter adapter. Then back on goes the factory snorkel to help pump some fresh air in there.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Got some more junk coming for the Evo. Figured its about time to start the 60k service since I will be rolling over 60k miles in the next week or two. So a lot of Diaqueen will be arriving next week. Figured I would just stick with OEM fluids. Still need to get some coolant and engine oil but I can source that locally.

Also, in preparation to swap calipers with Soso, I ordered rear stainless brake lines. I already have the front ones so now I will have a complete kit. Figured it will be a good time to put the lines on since the calipers are going to be coming off. Will also be swapping out the brake fluid with some Redline 600 I have laying around. The stuff thats in the car is most likely original...

Still need to install the lower heat exchanger pipe, rework the intake, build the new exhaust and source a down pipe and high flow cat. I really think I should do an o2 housing but dreading the work it will take to install it. Lots of work to do, very little time.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 01:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Got some more junk coming for the Evo. Figured its about time to start the 60k service since I will be rolling over 60k miles in the next week or two. So a lot of Diaqueen will be arriving next week. Figured I would just stick with OEM fluids. Still need to get some coolant and engine oil but I can source that locally.

Also, in preparation to swap calipers with Soso, I ordered rear stainless brake lines. I already have the front ones so now I will have a complete kit. Figured it will be a good time to put the lines on since the calipers are going to be coming off. Will also be swapping out the brake fluid with some Redline 600 I have laying around. The stuff thats in the car is most likely original...

Still need to install the lower heat exchanger pipe, rework the intake, build the new exhaust and source a down pipe and high flow cat. I really think I should do an o2 housing but dreading the work it will take to install it. Lots of work to do, very little time.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't get in any Evo time today but the baby helped install an intake on a S2000. Had to do some tweaking on the tune on it as well. Track day for him tomorrow so had to get everything dialed in. We will see if he can beat Soso around the track tomorrow haha!

Old Dec 8, 2018, 07:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thats one cute baby! I remember those days

You guys headed up to Willow Springs?

Quick Reply: 06 MR - The Baby Hauler Build