Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Resurrection advice needed, 9 guts into 8 roller.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lookin fine and dandy bro....

Lemme stroke the ego....
The following users liked this post:
osetsky (Sep 23, 2020)
Old Sep 25, 2020, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 134 Likes on 123 Posts
Haha! Or d'oh, whatever. Still. that SRS light I accidentally set off like a dumb *** know nothing chump has taught me a thing at least AND got me a tool to sort it if ever again I run the same stupid. Ya call around and yeah, 100$ to plug in and wipe the code. 100$? That's gotta be tool money, right? Hells yeah! Sure, didna wanna spend money on being dumb but too late now. So what did I get? Pic. Also changed my tray to fit more good.

110$CAD and does...more than I really understand TBH but it DOES clear SRS codes once you figure out how! So for the same 100$ I got this now. You 'Murikans it's prolly like fiddy bones!

All the stuff in the box.

Mmmmmmm, it's rainy season now...so this oughta work pretty slick I hope.

Y'all notice I like covers on car stuff? Remember that fancy bastard dog Nelson? Yeah so he was sick and kinda **** all over inside the car. Covers VALIDATED. Except the armrest...cream poo...so now thanks to 5bux and Aliexpress that's covered! I ran into Mitsu dealership to get stuff, dog was in car less than 4 minutes, UGH.

Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh man I love your thread. Always good for a lol.
osetsky (Oct 8, 2020)
Old Oct 8, 2020, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

So here I was all excited to have a super hooray bit 'o news about the Fluidampr I did in fact order...instead I vent my fury! Well kay, not fury just more like typical 2020/customer service of the future kinda vibe. I even called to confirm the proper part would arrive and was assured it would. MALARKY! The DSM version showed up now I gotta pay shipping to return and wait for the actual right part to arrive. Meh...cocaine frenzy?

Soon as I picked up the box something felt off...

Teh FUHCK!?! Tis'NAE DEH PART! Plus it's a little wanged up from shipping so dix can be chewed this is going back.
Oh well, maybe ACD rebuild kit will arrive by the time this folly is sorted and it will all go back together at once. Until then, SACRE BLEU!
IzzyRS (Oct 14, 2020)
Old Oct 8, 2020, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
well that sucks that you ran into a snag. customer service sucks anymore!!!
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

You steak munchin' maniacs probably thought I lost the car at a Costco or some such malarky...NO WAY MAN! Been waiting oh so patiently, while dealing with the insane drama my life spews at me, for the thing that matters most, HARMONICS. Friggin' shipping from USA in the age of corona, yeesh. Also that return to Summit, the point of it all!

Huzzah Blintzes! Way better package makes me think the last one been around a few times and has yet to find a home. This sum***** though is going on...uh, well it's rainy AF here now and I got no inside to do stuff so when I feel like getting wet for fun! I get wet for work too so not that big a deal really. THE RIGHT PART!
Old Feb 21, 2021, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Been a bit and I'm sure that's been a relief to you heartless maniacs, ALAS, it's just been winter so I collected some bits n bobs to slap on car and now hunt down an issue.
What issue you ask? Well kids, car has developed a wandering idle.
Yeah yeah, before you all start yapping about boost leaks and vacuum problems I SAID I'M ON THE HUNT. Yeesh, gimme a second!
Anyway, I tried the propane flow rev search(yes, haz fire extinguisher) but that came up empty. Possibly due to breeze, possibly too small torch, likely I somehow erred. Whatever, I'll find the leak...when I find someone with a compressor I can use to do boost leak for real. Apartment living is not conducive to shop tool storage...
Anyway, a boring pic of boring stuff...but not the 3port or WB...

What, I really like auto dimming mirrors.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Aero(that's the story anyway) and some regular Lancer trunk torsion bars! From the last wrecker in the region and they had 2...maybe I go back for seatbelt assembly...

This is a reverse light/camera mount for Lancer. Hooray...maybe. Crap, I need the plug for this from the wrecker I was just at. It's an hour away. Oops.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Ut ohh looks like more parts came! That mirror will be nice.
osetsky (Mar 30, 2021)
Old Mar 28, 2021, 04:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
inspiring read; looking forward to further updates!
osetsky (Mar 30, 2021)
Old Mar 28, 2021, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Amazin' still amazin' so far and more to come....

One of my favorite threads.

This entire build could very well be a YouTube series.KUWOE...Keeping Up With Osetsky's Evo.....

You got this bro!
osetsky (Mar 30, 2021)
Old Apr 29, 2021, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Wellity wellity wellllllll...as fate would have it my sister(she mean drunk) is trying to get me to not view her as a vile monster. Who cares you say? See, she somehow inherited a house(from a drunk, it's all weird but whatevs) and it has a garage...she just dropped her BF(surprised I like the dude) who had the garage plugged up. He's now gone and I'm allowed to take advantage of the situation to work on my car!!! This is pretty awesome for me cause working on cars and doing it at the park gets crappy when the cops show up and say "ya can't do that"...like dix.
None of you care about that but now it's useless info bogging up your brains, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
So anyway, some pics of the latest little pile of stuff.

What's that? Why another ENTIRE set of fender liners? 2 things. First, my fronts are both shredded a bit on the edge, yes the new ones. Being nutty I could not let that slide so went looking for a new set. This is when I learned the rear set is even a thing and that OF COURSE being in Canada shipping made it cheaper to buy the whole kit vs just the fronts! So...hooray?

Exhaust stud kit. Was titanium the way to go? I feel torn, galling vs brittle yadda yadda. Went **** due to 5 bux cheaper than stainless and shipping was WAY lower from JD Customs, plus they send a nice email saying thanks for supporting small niche crazy people businesses.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Have I said it before? Good thing I don't run a country due to my nuclear first choice ways. So you guys all know ACD is a dubious good thing and my lights blah blah blah. So eventually I did just get a new pump...for me to realize maybe it's the steering wheel sensor thing and that what are the odds I just gotta swap the clock spring thing with the stalks on it! Know soon enough.

Odds all this was wasted effort? New pump much cleaner at least.
Old May 10, 2022, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Alright ya briny rapscallions! Thought this madness was over did ya? Pfft, not paying attention, frickin' casket over here! That said, car was not doing much cause blah p0171 due to exhaust leak at manifold from the rotted away garbage factory studs. So TITANIUM. Am I concerned about rust? Nope, galling maybe...whatever. I could not find a place with 220 power that if **** went sideways the car could be apart while the head was off. So I didn't just buy a welder cause I just don't trust a 110 unit to give enough penetration for a solid weld with dirty metal. Went to a shop. Cost me 1k which is a bargain but really if I had power that's a nice bloody welding kit...meh. CAR IS FIXED! Well that gremlin is done, no codes on the way home and idle is steady again HOORAY! Should update more often now that major issue is sorted. Maybe I drone on and you need popcorn, maybe you're into meth and this is not at all long, who can say. Titanium.
SoSoEVO (May 11, 2022)
Old May 11, 2022, 07:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
MMMMmmm titanium, glad you got the raw color I think that looks cleaner in the engine bay vs the rainbow burnt. I'm slowly getting rid of most of my burnt titanium bits in the engine bay and converting to cf. Keep up the great work
osetsky (May 11, 2022)

Quick Reply: Resurrection advice needed, 9 guts into 8 roller.