Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 2006 Wicked White Evolution IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Sale: 2006 Wicked White Evolution IX MR

Recently married and starting a family. Unfortunately, the EVO doesn’t fit into our priority list anymore. This car has been meticulously maintained and NEVER abused or neglected. One owner, non-smoker, garage kept, all maintenance records available. Factory warranty remaining. Many new parts (see below).

Mileage: 22,000

VIN: JA3AH86C66U049247

Asking: $28,900
(Also taking reasonable offers, please e-mail or PM for more info)

New Parts
ACT MB7-HDSS Heavy Duty Clutch Kit
Gruppe-S 13lb Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
OEM Transmission
OEM Transfer Case
OEM Driveshaft
OEM Rear-Differential

Note: The new parts above were replaced to solve a drivetrain noise issue, they were not replaced due to damage from abuse or neglect. All parts were professionally installed by the dealership (Crown Motors of Holland, MI) by their Master Mitsubishi Technician. None of the parts above have ever been launched on or tracked. All service records have been retained, please post any questions or concerns and I will gladly answer.

Modifications
Megan 3in Downpipe
Megan 3in Test Pipe
Tanabe Hyper Medallion 3in Exhaust
JESTR Tune w/ Fine Tuning
25PSI Boost (Controlled w/ECU and #65 Turbo Pill)
K&N Cone Filter w/Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
RRE/Progress 25mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar
Technafit Stainless Brake Lines
ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid

Note: All factory OEM parts were retained and are available with purchase (along with factory and tuned maps).

I have a TON more pictures for those that are interested, please contact me via e-mail at Last4G63@gmail.com. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Last4G63; Aug 20, 2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Price Reduced
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Mileage?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostinjuice
Mileage?
Thank you! 21,500 miles (original post has been edited)
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

The tires currently on the car are 235/45-17 Bridgestone Potenza G009's (High Performance All-Seasons). Not as responsive as the Advans, but handle very well in both wet and dry conditions. The tires have worn extremely well and have nearly 75% tread depth remaining (fronts have 8/32nds tread and rears have 9/32nds tread, G009's come with 11/32nds brand new).

Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

A common question has been, "Why all the warranty work?" I have nothing to hide and don't want anyone to think that I have been abusing my car and keep breaking stuff, so hopefully I can explain the situation to help alleviate these concerns.

I first noticed a "whining" noise in the drivetrain back in August of 2007. My research immediately pointed me to the textbook "deathwhine" commonly caused by a failing transfercase. I brought it to the dealership, the test drive it, hook it up to chassis mics, use a stethoscope, etc and tell me it is coming from the driveshaft bearing, so they replace it. As many of us know, the transfercase "deathwine" can be transfered through other drivetrain components (such as the driveshaft) to make it appear to come from another source (i.e. the driveshaft itself or the rear-differential).

I get the car back, and lone behold, the noise is still there. SURPRISE! They then decide that the noise is coming from the carrier bearing in the rear-differential, so they order a new rear-differential. I patiently wait 3 months for the rear-differential to be widdled out of bamboo in Japan and shipped to the United States. They install it and, again, no difference whatsoever.

I wait it out until spring and bring the car back in. They diagnosed it to be coming from the driveshaft again, so the replace it. Nothing changes. Yay. So they order ANOTHER rear-differential because they are CONVINCED it is coming from the rear of the car. I patiently wait another 2 months for the rear-differential to be widdled once again and it gets replaced, again. Guess what... No difference!

They FINALLY listen to me and decide to see if they can change the pitch of the noise by using an additive in the transfercase (I think they used Royal Purple). Sure enough, it worked! They were able to single out the transfercase and finally had a "smoking gun." This was enough justification for them to replace the transfercase, which fixed the noise.

In the end, they never listened to me and wasted nearly a year of my life (and my sanity from driving a car with "most annoying noise in the world" - as seen in "Dumb and Dumber."), but it was finally resolved.

The transmission was replaced when the 5th-6th syncro ring failed, in which apparently Mitsubishi is well aware of and there is a TSB for it (told to me by the master tech at the dealership). When they had the transmission out they suggested I replaced the clutch and told me they would not charge me labor OR void my warranty (even thought I was using aftermarket parts). I couldn't pass on this deal, so that is when the clutch and flywheel were installed as well.

Any other questions or concerns, please let me know! I will gladly answer!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Price reduced to $28,900 (also taking reasonable offers, please pm or e-mail for more info).

I am motived to sell, the quicker I sell the EVO quicker I can start saving my pennies for a house!

Just replaced the front brake pads. Duralast Gold w/Lifetime Warranty (free brake pads for life!)

Just flushed brake system with fresh fluid (ATE Super Blue Racing) and bled brakes

Just changed transmission fluid with Super Diaqueen MR ($90/can)
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:28 PM

this has to be the cleanest wicked white evo i have ever seen good luck to u my friend
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, if I was back in the states I would buy this from you in a heartbeat.

Wish it wasn't so much to have a car shipped overseas
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

looking real good pm me if the price drops more.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for a beautiful car.

on a side note, where did you get the no-smoking plug for the cig. lighter?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
Bump for a beautiful car.

on a side note, where did you get the no-smoking plug for the cig. lighter?
NAPA, it was like $3-4, the second I saw it I knew I had to have it! I bought one for my wives car as well.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks. I'm getting tiered of people trying to use my virgin lighter to light their cigs if they are outside my car and we are waiting somewhere.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

I need to sell me Honda Element so I can pick this evo up..
Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Car is still available!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:53 PM

man, I've had my eye on this car since it was posted.....I've been crossing my fingers that my car would find an new owner but with no such luck so far .......this is exactly the evo ix I'm looking for......good luck selling in the meantime

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2006 Wicked White Evolution IX MR