Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

TX: 08 WW GSR, SSS, Aero, Mostly Stock $21.5K, CLEAN! 70K hwy miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TX: 08 WW GSR, SSS, Aero, Mostly Stock $21.5K, CLEAN! 70K hwy miles

For Sale:

2008 Evolution X GSR, Wicked White
VIN: JA3AW86V88U047249
Mostly Stock
SSS package (Sight, Sound, Spoiler) – Factory HIDs, wing, Rockford stereo
OEM Aerokit
5 sp manual
70,6xx miles (mostly highway)

One owner adult driven, never raced, never had any body or paint work.
Only modifications: Magnaflow Catback SS exhaust (original exhaust comes with the car as well), Rexpeed side sill protectors, Momo shiftknob, JDMtoy LED DRLs with flip/flop turn signals (can easily be swapped back to stock), red Mitsu badge vinyl decals (can be taken off).

Also, included: double din trim piece and CarToys MITO aftermarket head unit adapter (can install any double din head unit into factory RF sub and amp in about 30 mins). About $150 worth of parts, IIRC. It had a JVC double din unit in it but I am putting it back to stock and putting that head unit in my other car.

Condition: This car is CLEAN and nearly 100% stock. I mean very clean. It has remarkably few chips for its miles. Car has been garaged all its life. There is a scrape on the passenger side door handle, and a few rock chips on the front (much fewer than most cars with half the miles), but other than that its in great shape. Interior shows hardly any wear, seat is not broken in at all as my wife put most of the miles on it and she’s 5’2” 100lbs. Front license was not drilled or installed but I have the pieces somewhere. Tires are Hankook Ventus Evos, with about 50% left (one is almost new as I got a screw in the sidewall). The car spent most of its life in the Austin area until earlier this year.

I will try to get better pictures of the interior soon. I need to finish the radio swap back to stock.

Runs great, shifts smooth. Regular synthetic oil changes (Mobil 1 only).

PRICE: $21500
Clear Title in hand.

I am somewhat firm on the price. I do not need the money, but I could use the garage space. Do not bother with any lowball offers. If I can’t get a decent price for it I may just keep it, and I have a fair offer from the mitsu dealer as they would love to have a used Evo on the lot, but I think they are sandbagging a bit based on what I have seen here.

Reason for selling: We moved and I no longer have a 3 car garage. This car doesn’t get driven much anymore as I work from home instead of a long rural/highway commute, and my wife has another car now, so that’s why we are selling it. This is my 3rd Evo, and I will definitely miss it. Every time I drive it I swear I'll keep it, then logic works its way back in and I realize its just sitting there and should be owned by someone who will enjoy it for more than running to the corner for beer LOL.....

Buyer will need to pick the car up in South TX. I live near the coast but occasionally get to San Antone and Austin, so I may be able to meet. I am very busy with work so do not worry if I go radio silent answering questions for a couple days. I'm not in a hurry to sell it but its ready to go if you're ready to buy, so the less time I have to deal with the sale the easier it will be for me to sell quick. PM me and I'll give you my email if you want faster responses.....

Any questions, PM me and ask....

Thanks.

-Dave

Last edited by delliott00; Sep 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

you got PM
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pmd!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 03:25 PM

Sorry was out of town for a couple days and didn't have time to check in. PM's responded....

-Dave
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:39 PM

Have been swamped at work. Sorry if I didn't respond right away to PMs. I was sorta holding it for a friend of a friend here in TX but that fell through when he lost his job (tip: don't flip off the rig boss if you wanna keep your high paying rig hand job LOL...)

Anyways my work schedule is getting even crazier through the end of the year so I may take it into the dealer as they made a fairly decent off on it in September. So, if you're interested, will consider offers >$20K. Preferably cash and willing to come pick it up with minimal hassle. Less than that and its easier for me to drop it off and pick up a check.

-Dave
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:17 PM

I didn't even notice the part where you said you were gonna drop it off at a dealer until just now. = ( Dangit.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:57 PM

yea this is exactly what I'm looking for
Old Nov 3, 2013, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sold it?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Interested myself
Old Nov 14, 2013, 02:53 PM

Sorry guys I haven't had much time to check in here, I have responded to all the PMs. Yes its still for sale. I'll give you the gist of it.... I can get at least $19.3K from the dealer. They gave me that price after the used car manager looked it over but didn't know it had the OEM aero kit which was I think a $2500 option so its gotta be worth a few hundred I figger.

So I am looking for best offer >$20K and an easy transaction or its worth my time just to take a bit less and give it to the dealer.

Have had lots of interest but nobody seems ready to buy with cash in hand. So.... please no waiting to sell your car or anything while I hold it for you .... If you need financing, will have to go through a bank with a local branch in Texas so I can just get a bank check in person when I hand them the title. If I wanted out of state bank checks I'd just put it on craigs and get lots of em LOL....

Going to try to take more pics this weekend. The car is garaged in Corpus Christi. Not driven much at all except to keep the battery charged. Title is in hand. One owner adult driven never raced or wrecked. Almost totally stock except for the Magnaflow CBE.

PM me here and I can give you my email or text if you have any more questions....

-Dave
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whys it a big deal if its out of state check? Most banks (Credit Unions) are part of a shared branch network and transfer it upon new owners approval of the car? I am interested.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:19 AM

I've sent you a pm waiting on the phone number cash in hand
Old Nov 19, 2013, 01:56 PM

Sorry guys..... I have to put a hold on the sale for the next 2 weeks or so as I simply don't have time to deal with buyers at the moment. I have year end audits to deal with at work and am going at about 70hrs a week and out of town on very short notice. I had to cancel a showing already and it would not be fair to the buyers. Not sure if I should take the listing down or not? Mods please advise....

I am fine with bank checks if they can be verified (or better yet, printed) at a local branch of the bank here in TX. What I meant was.... no bank checks if its drawn on a bank where I can't verify its legit in person ;-)

I have sold many cars where folks flew in, asked where the nearest BofA or Citi or Chase was, went to the teller, and said "make a check out to this guy in this amount" and I handed them the title and bill of sale. That makes for a super easy deal. I have bought several cars that way too.

-Dave

Last edited by delliott00; Nov 19, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 02:05 PM

Where was this car back in april i would have bought it on the spot! instead i flew to st louis.. and got the same car pretty much but rally red... i would love a white one
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perfect, well message me your number if you would like, Ill show you a plane ticket itinerary and fly on down Already bought my last car from Houston. Not going to be a fun drive home haha