Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

I want to buy your 2010 evo SE, UNMODIFIED only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to buy your 2010 evo SE, UNMODIFIED only

Just to show how serious I am, click this link:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post6474437

I am only looking for 2010 SE's

I cannot stress enough this part, I only want the car if it is NOT modified. NO "PUT BACK TO STOCK" cars please.

I work emergency services (911 dispatcher) so I don't have any time to modify or to "keep up" with a modified car.

I want this car to not only be my daily driver but it has to be in great shape i'm probably going to fly to you, hand you the check, and drive it home, like I did in the link I posted above. So I need it to be able to make it across the country 'if need be'.

I cant express how much I love turbo mitsu's since I was about 6 or 7 years old, so with that I ask for serious sellers only who will be PAAATIENT. I will ask a lot of questions, and I know all the tricks, if i fly somewhere and I have to fly back because I found proof of a non stock or any kind of damage, I WILL BUY THAT RETURN TICKET (pissed but i'll do it) i'm not buying someone's toilet.

Now for the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely long shot but this is what I am really looking for, I really want to own one of these cars with the original letter sent from Mitsubishi along with the matching numbered keyfob (keychain).

Lots of pictures please.

Just a heads up i dont really like red and silver but if clean enough I might take it. I love white, black and blue.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...54470677&Log=0

by the way this Mercedez dealership told me flat out, "WE DO NOT SELL TO PEOPLE FROM OUT OF STATE".
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

just bumping to remind people i'm still looking.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey man, I believe you are the one that was looking at my wifes old se thats at the toyota dealership. Were you just not able to work a deal out with them? If you were to get it, I could give you a copy of the letter from Mistu, with our names and address pulled off of it.

My wife isnt giving up the keychain though lol
Old Nov 1, 2013, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

That is really bad news for these cars. You have to remember that these cars will hopefully outlive all of us and they can go on into future automotive history to tell our stories. However by you refusing that car those two items they end up loosing value and or interest. Why would you want to hold on to the only record that proves this cars place in automotive history?

With the letter and the annonymity/privacy issues I get it, very valid. However it would be a lot better for the car to have that document than for it to be lost forever or get damaged because to you it means an old car but to others like my self (and theres a lot of us) it would mean a lot more. But it is ultimately your privacy right.

If I end up buying one of these cars without that letter and the keychain ill end up regreating the purchase specially since im sure that one or two or many more will come up for sale in the future.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its a 35k mitubishi, I dont ever believe its gonna be a collectors item lol. Hopefully you find one, but I bet a lot of the owners have no clue where there letter is lol. I would also be willing to bet most will keep their keychain lol.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

*** cool, anyone have one.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
SCM has several brand new, never sold Evo X SEs, still with the plastic wrap on the seats. I know because I get my car serviced there, and they're stashed in the back, as I tend to wander around during my oil changes.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the information the owner saved 15 of them to sell later as investment. Like he did with the evo ix allegedly he sold two ixs for 70k each.

They want full sticker for the ones that they have 36,500. Thats just a little more than I wanted to spend. I guess seeing that thread with one offered for 25 really messed my head up with the pricing. But well worth it if anyone really wants one and can afford it. Wish I could it would be nice to drive it so worry free and with warranty.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah. Those Evo IXs that you mentioned were originally going to just he sold for sticker when they were first mentioned, but then some overseas buyers offered a lot of money, and then that's what they decided to sell them for. They still have two there to this day, a GG and a WW one, both of which are still in their showroom floor.

But they have buyers with deeper pockets than ours. My Evo IX SE is still 100% stock and unmodified, and whenever they see me, they always ask if I want to sell it, since they can sell it for $25-30k since it's in such demand.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

eh its tempting but what scares me is when the new evo comes out that i might REALLY want it and wont be able to cuz i have this one that no one will buy or having an upside down loan because yes low millage, but it would be such an old car in 2 or 3 years whenever the new one comes out. eh i thought i really wanted this car but it looks like the time to buy it was 2010. to get it how i wanted it of course.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah that was the year to get... Not only because it was the last year of any "real" changes, but I work in insurance, and the rating system was changed from 2011 onward, which made the rates of the 2011 Evos higher, even though they're physically the same cars.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

ah good to know thank you for that little piece of info.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Yeah that was the year to get... Not only because it was the last year of any "real" changes, but I work in insurance, and the rating system was changed from 2011 onward, which made the rates of the 2011 Evos higher, even though they're physically the same cars.
I didn't know that. Just told my husband so that might change what year EVO we look at now.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nintendobratkat
I didn't know that. Just told my husband so that might change what year EVO we look at now.
Yeah... I don't want to generalize and say that it will the case in all scenarios, but I can quote with multiple carriers in multiple states, and it's been like that every time I've quoted them. Like I said before, car symbols (for insurance purposes) were rated from 1-30, and the Evo was generally a 26h, revised from lower ratings after the car ended up having more and more claims. The Evo X GSR, when it first came out, was a 20h, while the X MR was a 22h, possibly because it was an all-new platform that had a clean slate while having better crash ratings and more safety features. However, within a year, both models were switched to 26h, just like the previous Evo.

But again, for all cars of the model year 2011 and later, the rating system was revised to be over a broader spread, and I think it now goes up to 90 or 100, though I can't remember what the Evo's symbol is. I talked to a few underwriters if the rates for the 2011 Evo could be adjusted to reflect the rates of the 2010s since they are the same car, but they said things that I could disprove, but at the end of the day, they are the ones who dictate the rates.

Quick Reply: I want to buy your 2010 evo SE, UNMODIFIED only