Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Group Buy Dominick Irragi High Output Alternator for Evolutions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group Buy Dominick Irragi High Output Alternator for Evolutions

Hello all,

In a thread, there was ALOT of interest in High Output Alternators for the Evo, and all these questions "Where do I get one?"

So, I contacted Dominick Iraggi and asked if he would offer a group-buy price for the Alternators. He said that if we can get between 10 and 25 people together, that he would knock 25% off the rate. Already his alternators are cheaper than the competitors, and if you do a seach for Dominick Iraggi, you will see that he is WELL RESPECTED in the competition community.

I make nothing off of this. All I do is collect a list of names, and forward it to him. He then collects the money and sends you your alternators. He says shipping takes between 3-5 days.

Stock Alternator is rated at 90 amps (Fused at 80ams).
Ralliart alternator is rated at 125 amps and costs $1650!!!!

Dominick offers 3 alternators for the Evo, below are the RETAIL prices.

180 amp $379
200 amp $399
220 amp $419

He says that the alternators output full voltage between 1500 and 2000 RPM with the 180amp unit outputting approx 90amps at idle. The higher output models do so at the expense of lower idle output. I personally would go with the 180 amp model, but that's up to you.

SALE PRICE!!!!

180 amp $304.26 SHIPPED
200 amp $319.25 SHIPPED
220 amp $334.25 SHIPPED

($20 flat shipping rate has been added to the above costs to eliminate confusion)

Alright, so here's the list:

Please PM me your full name, and which alternator you want. I will put your screen name on the list below, and once we reach 25, I will send your info to Dominick and you send him your payment. He accepts paypal or Money Orders sent to him.

I need your Name because Dominick doesn't have a clue who the payments are coming from based off of your screen name.

1. adambl03 180 amp Payment Sent
2. TwStDeVo either 180 payment sent
3. Temperacerguy 180 payment sent

4. WhiteEvo05 180 amp payment sent
5. 1mbrews8 180 amp payment sent by mail
6. 进化9 180 amp payment sent
7. Matthew333 180 amp payment sent
8. Derek Baker 180 payment sent
9. Wallesasuaz 180 amp withdrew
10. YtDiamond05 180amp payment sent
11. Lacoste 180 amp payment sent
12. Last minute addition: tvrvic 180 amp payment sent
13. Another last minute addition xxvoodoo 180 amp payment sent
14. Another last minute addition evo ippo 180 amp, payment sent
15 ANOTHER last minute addition davidbuschur 180 amp payment sent
16 the second unit purchased by davidbuschur 180 amp, payment sent

Thank you much,

Austin T

Last edited by TempeRacerGuy; Dec 12, 2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added shipping price to above rates
Old Oct 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

List updated.

people have PMed me a few questions:

Yes, these are direct bolt in Alternators

I recomend the 180 amp output for most people. This would support approximately 1300 Watt systems.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

Any CONS in upgrading the alternator?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

The only Con I can think of is that the alternator isn't covered by the factory warranty anymore... but then again, it is covered by Dominick. He also has lifetime warranties available for $99.

Other than that, no CONS.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

People have been messaging me regarding these, so I wanted to send you some reviews of Iraggi alternators

"this alternator did quite a good job . i have seen other alts give out when under such conditions . where this one kept goin for another hr or 2 of testing with other amps and subs . this is by far the most SOILD alternator i have owned , while also being in the affordable bracket .
when it comes to price Iraggi alterantor wins . iraggi alts are steadily 20-50 less than the competition . "

"absolutely amazing customer service!! Dom has always been very helpful in answering all my questions, usually in record time too. fixed an alt i had go bad due to a faulty part and had it back to me in 2 weeks including shipping times to and from. (i'm in GA, hes in Tenn, for the record) customer service is always a plus!!

just installed another Iraggi alt in a friend's car today, works great. got an Orion 8004 and 2500D (at 3 ohms) and voltage sits steady. i have one in my car as well and have no problems what so ever. rock solid product!

definally reccomend Iraggi Alternators if you need more power. "

"Scottie Johnson is the world record-holder in the sport of dB drag racing and knows quite a bit about modifying a vehicle for higher performance. Except in Johnson's case, that performance isn't about fast times down the drag strip; it's about cranking up the power of the 134,400-watt audio system he installed in his Chevrolet van... Johnson says his hot tip is to consider installing a second alternator, as well. He uses Iraggi alternators." (note, he is pushing 134,400 Watts... thus 2 alternators)

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Updated the list. Got an E-mail from Dom. He said that shipping will be $20 on top of the alternator price
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

bump
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:33 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ttt
Old Oct 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump...
Old Oct 12, 2007, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
why would someone upgrade to a more powerful alternator??? what dose this do?? just a better volt's out put??
Old Oct 13, 2007, 09:38 AM
Account Disabled

Volt output will be the same, but it will allow higher amp output. This is for those with Stereo systems who's lights dim when they are playing. I believe that anyone over a 600 W system should upgrade their alternator to get the best quality sound and electrical performance.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

hi i have 2 jl audio 500/1 each going to jl w6s, and a 300/4 bridged to just the front boston accoustics, i have a 1 farad cap and still have a little dimming at high volumes. what would you reccomend? also heard a high amp alternator will rob horsepower. How much would i have to sacrifice? Thanks
mike
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

it robs minimal HP.. at MAX maybe 3-5hp. However the alternator won't be working as hard as your stock alternator. meaning this alt would be working at 30-50% while your stock alternator is working at 100% trying to feed your system.

Therefore if you are taxing your stock alternator, it will burn out quicker.

For anyone under 1500W I would suggest the 180amp alternator.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:33 AM
Account Disabled

Whoa.... I just realized something... whew... I could see the headaches and blame coming in the future :-)

The stock alternator wire is a approx 4 gauge wire which is fused at 80amps at the battery terminal. If you were to hook up the stock wire to this high output alternator, you would pop that fuse pretty quickly.

So, for anyone on this list, I will personally build you a 1/0 alternator wire that will go from the alternator to the battery to replace that stock wire. my cost on them will probably be about $9, but to make this group buy go through, I will send one out to anyone on this list for $10 shipped. Note, I will be losing money on this because I don't want to be acused of being a non-authorized vendor.

I will also include a "how-to" for anyone who would like to make their own.

So, you can either go to your local ACE or other hardware store and make your own wire, or you can have me do it for you.

I just can't believe with all those stereo threads with the "Where can I get a HO Alternator?" PMs I got that this group buy hasn't taken off.

I need one for a friend (that's my bonus for doing this), but if we don't get to at least 10 people within the next week or so, I am going to close this and just buy my own at retail.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

OP edited to put $20 shipping rate into sale price to eliminate confusion

Quick Reply: Group Buy Dominick Irragi High Output Alternator for Evolutions