Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Stock Evo X shifter - Heavy or Light Shift knobs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I use the Sneed baton - It's pretty light but still easy to shift with.

Old Jan 23, 2017, 06:53 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I got a Moddiction Anvil 1. It's sweeeeeet!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Does it?? What knob is it? Is it weighted too?
I have the countersunked sphere by moddiction. And yes it's weighted. Very heavy
Old Jan 24, 2017, 09:30 AM
UxC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got the AMS V1 shift knob, and it's relatively comfortable. Not as heavy as I like them, but it makes for a nice grip.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UxC
I've got the AMS V1 shift knob, and it's relatively comfortable. Not as heavy as I like them, but it makes for a nice grip.
I've been using the same one for awhile and I'm very happy with it. It's taller than stock but not much heavier and seems to make shifting smoother. But the main factor was that it's resin and not metal, which is much nicer in the west Texas heat. I also installed the ams gate selector bushing which made the biggest difference in smoothness. 2nd gear still crunches occasionally but not like before.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:06 AM
UxC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronp
I've been using the same one for awhile and I'm very happy with it. It's taller than stock but not much heavier and seems to make shifting smoother. But the main factor was that it's resin and not metal, which is much nicer in the west Texas heat. I also installed the ams gate selector bushing which made the biggest difference in smoothness. 2nd gear still crunches occasionally but not like before.
Yeah.. Mine crunches in 2nd and 3rd sometimes. Even if it's warmed up.. I'll get those bushings replaced eventually!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed my TWM Type R, and I must say I'm impressed with the difference. I tried various height adjustments, and found the lowest setting to work the best. Decreased the notchy feeling significantly, and provided smoother gear changes. This is on a stock shifter too. I ordered the shifter cable and transmission bushings too. I'll be installing them with an ETS intake. I'll comment on my thoughts after that as well.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 05:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronp
Off topic, but might as well go all the way and install shifter cable bushing too. Do not buy Works one, it will slip off and one day you will wonder why you lost 3rd gear while driving. Scary as hell when it happen. Get Torque Solution one instead.

Torque Solution Shifter Cable Bushings :http://www.torquesolution.com/Mitsub...ts-scb-100.htm

Install that is a bit time consuming however.