Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

This site need to treat complaints by members of problem vendors seriously

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
It's all about the money...
Did you not read what we just posted?

Or my post earlier: vendor or not - breaking the rules is breaking the rules.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaotichoax
1. It was moved not shut down; search first.
Nowhere in this thread did I say it was shut down. I said it was left alone... (un-moderated, left open, etc)
2. It was closed because CBRD, DG, and the car's owner all had different stories and the owner never gave us a statement to post in the thread publicly. Thread is still viewable to the public and will remain that way. You have no idea what you are talking about in that case and I'd suggest you not make assumptions without factual evidence.
I know everything about that case that I'm told. I saw both shops' sides to the story. Pictures are factual evidence, enough so that if undoctored, they hold up in court. The stories matched perfectly when you look at pictures both shops took and compare the two...
3. Neutral reviews regardless of the vendor will always be tolerated. There will always be pluses and minuses. That is expected and being up front about the good and the bad is only beneficial to the vendors. They can see what they need to correct and what they've already nailed down.
Let's agree to disagree

Vendor X makes a unit, tests it, and decides it's a go. Vendor X makes 200 copies of test unit because he/she saw a huge damand and sells 10 right off the bat... now a neutral review from one or more of those 10 that says awesome product, except fits like crap. Vendor X now has 190 units sitting around that people are a little uneasy about buying because they heard it fits like crap. It was a review with positives and negatives that ends up hurting that vendor baaaad.

That's just one of many examples pertaining to this issue...

But as it relates to the topic at hand, I think it's hit-or-miss as to what's allowed to go on and what isn't. There was never a South Coast Mitsubishi side to my story, they either never saw it (highly unlikely since it had over 1,000 views) or decided that there was nothing beneficial to add as I was as accurate as possible in every aspect of that screw over and they realize their mistake.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh and forgot to mention... Sam from South Coast Mitsubishi now makes it a point to inform people in his threads that they'll be paying CA sales tax if they come pick it up
Old Nov 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
To all,

I don't want to appear churlish and ask those contributing to this thread keep in mind both the size and volume of our community. Evom averages several thousands new unique post daily. The site host hundreds of vendors, some of whom chronically bait and flame each other. They are bitter rivals who call on the staff to make very difficult decisions, every day. It's a no win for this excellent staff and not a job for the faint at heart. This volunteer staff is professional and diligent in keeping this site the premier Mitsubishi Lancer community in the world.

It follows the 'Law of Minimum Astonishment' there are going to be instances of errors, omissions and inconsistencies on the staff's part. When we are made aware of them we have a very good track record of follow up. You may not agree with a decision, however, it will be reviewed fairly. I have PM'd the OP requesting the details of his problem which closes this topic. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:13 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
With regard to the OP's issue, the problem is that some items which were thought to be in stock were found out to be not in stock. The vendor has offered to cancel the part of the order which was not in stock.

The company has one of the better reputations of our sponsors and there is no string of complaints like there was with J-on-Demand. The OP felt his issue was the tip of the iceberg, but our view is that it is not. The OP was inconvenienced and is justifiably frustrated.

We do not give sponsors a free pass. But we can not take every delay or snafu as signs that the company is trying to rip people off. We hope this story can have a happy ending.