Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Future of LancerForums.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people would definatly be willing to pay etc.
good ideas and i think worth the trouble you'd be going through, cause you'd finally get some cash for your troubles
just what i think tho.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

I know..people that pay get special titles under their names
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

finally, something other than "newbie"
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

if we're paying, can my title be "SuperThug" or "playapresident"?
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

I like those membership deals.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:38 AM
Evolving Member

i think the focus has become too much on membership and off the changes in general.
i think they'd all be much appriciated.
any time you're willing to put into the webpage would be great
i also think the possibilities with membername.lancerforums.com would be endless. that sounds great
kudos

-perf
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

I agree. but I think the specialized appeal of the lancer line is what brought most of us here..dig the changes cept the generalizing of the mitsu line..think that is too much havoc and too much work for ya.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 05:43 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

I like everything except for including the rest of Mitsubishi's lineup. I honestly believe it would be too much for you Mark, in both cost and time devoted to running it.

BTW Mark have you contacted anyone at Mitsubishi Motors Sales of America regarding Lancer Forums? Maybe they would already be interested in establishing a relationship with you and the forums.

Soleman20 has listed many of the email addresses in this thread: http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...ight=ramblings
Old Jun 11, 2002, 06:37 AM

I love the expansion to all Mitsubishi cars idea.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

the fee memebership thing should be flexible depending on what u getting...
and screw the expanding mitsu lineup area....just make it as is like the "Other cars" forum...

and the tech forum IMO should be merged instead of all the seaprate "suspension" "engine" "tires" "turbo"...etc...
Old Jun 11, 2002, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Well KK the forums are fantastic right now and you've done a great job.........So I'm very confident in whatever you choose to do
Old Jun 11, 2002, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Totally down with the yearly thing... within reason. And I agree with Tapper about the expansion of moderator powers and moderators themselves... like, if I could prove myself less volatile.... I would definitely be up for it, if not totally sure that I would be accepted as one...

In any case, I do strongly disagree with the wanting to incorporate the other of our brethren under the trip diamonds. Look, the Lancers are a small section of the car market, and look, we still attract those who are against our cause (recent attacks by civic owners against the Lancer, which is strange, because I haven't met a civic I couldn't beat yet, but, I'm not attacking... yet). I think that what's got to be realized is that the competitiveness of tuners is so much that even under the banner of a single company, there would be so much dissension and flame wars that this forum would tear itself apart. Not everyone is like Tapper, and can own a rival vehicle, and still prove useful and civil in a forum dedicated to even the USDM Lancer Devo. Hell, there is sometimes alot of animosity between the EVO and Devo owners. Mostly, the fact is, we gotta realize that the fact is that we gotta keep it small and specialized. I hope that this is a valid argument, and one that presents a new point of veiw on the matter that can resolve that we keep Lancer forums for Lancer owners, and Lancer admireres. Really, I would almost recommend a more comprehensive screening process, in that we could almost make this EXCLUSIVELY Lancer owners and admireres, but, I know that this is not a popular, nor realistic hope. I just would rather this be a place that the Devo could find as a haven from the overly harsh critics due to the name Lancer. But, that's me, and I'm sure that the EVO owners feel the criticizm is deserved on some level, and that's understandable. I'm sure that some Viper and Z06 owners look down on children of a lesser god with contempt, and with good reason. But, anyway, what was a good argument has now been dissolved into rambling, yet again.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

It all sounds good except for the fee thing. On most websites where they do start a membership program it gets way out of hand. Just my 0.02
Old Jun 11, 2002, 08:56 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Now, let me play devil's advocate What if you wouldn't really know that lancerforums.com was part of a larger site? In other words, lancerforums.com has the same content, forums, everything, except there were a few more top links.

I just want everyone to know what the whole expansion thing I'm talking about won't really do anything to lancerforums.com.

In the meantime, I will try and talk with MMSA and see if I can establish a relationship so we can gather more information as it becomes available.

Mark
Old Jun 11, 2002, 09:14 AM
In Timeout

just to let u know i wouldnt pay i mean y pay when u can go to another site and get it 4 free?! please do make us pay that would just b horrible for this site no one would join