Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Future of LancerForums.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2002, 01:41 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future of LancerForums.com

I'm planning to redo lancerforums.com very soon and would like to get some suggestions from members on what to have. Right now I want to have the following features on the new site:

GENERAL FEATURES
--------------

- New layout for the entire site, forums, and registry
- Major emphasis on tech articles and features to provide useful content instead of just forums.
- Project car section to demo products and help develop a simple modification path for others to use as a base.
- News section to list up to date press releases on Mitsubishi related topics and more
- Product review section w/ vendor prices so you can find the best deal and see if the product is what you want.
- Powerful image gallery with various images in categories, not just displayed randomly on one page.

MEMBERS PROGRAM
--------------

For a yearly fee (TBD), members will receive the following with more to come in the future:
- Free lancerforums.com tshirt with your name printed on the front below our logo
- Free decal set for you vehicle
- Premium membership status on the site(this may give access to more new features as they come along)
- Personal homepage (username.lancerforums.com) w/ xxMB of space.
- Special lancerforums.com membership card or keychain card with unique serial number that will give you access to special discounts from vendors, track events, or whatever else the site can work out as we grow in popularity.

EXPANSION TO ALL MITSUBISHI LINEUP
--------------

This is just a possibility right now, but the site may expand to include all Mitsubishi vehicles. This will not effect lancerforums.com in any way. It will just expand the content and possibly give us a better chance to get information from Mitsubishi for future news, models, etc.

I'm currently fiddling with the general design right now and once that is complete I will start all the coding work. If anyone has any suggestions on things to add, etc I would love to hear about them.

Mark
Old Jun 11, 2002, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

looks good, I especially like the pay to play idea that would include web hosting and some additional features. but i'm personally not fond of the idea of expanding to cater to all mitsu products..jus my opinion
Old Jun 11, 2002, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

I like the Idea. This place will be huge though if it is expanded to all mitsu cars. I think it's good since a lot of mitsu's cars share the same parts. I like the webspace and membership thing too.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

like everyone else just said...i like the membership idea...im sure people would be willing to pay...saying... this is a very welcoming forum...
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

If you expand to the whole Mitsu line-up, will the domain name change?
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

I am NOT for an all Mitsu vehicles website. As it is, we're having almost a hard time between the US Lancers and EVOs. Imagine adding the other lineups, including the RalliArt vehicles like Airtrek, FTO, Pajero Evo, etc.... No way, too crowded.

K.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Here's a suggestion Mark:
- A re-evaluation of your current "Tech" Moderators on certain threads (*ahem, EVO Tech Forums) who have an irrational ability to DELETE postings w/o reason nor heed any warning/suggestion.

...just my .02 on how to make our wonderful Lancer Forums a better place for everyone and KEEP it that way!!! Thanks for hearing my rant.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Definitely gotta fix the moderators. We need more or at least expanding everyone's powers. The US tech forum has turned into mostly garbage, because the one moderator there isn't enough. Let me be a super mod for about an hour, I could merge or delete all the same repetitive threads. The suspension forum has turned into the thein S.tech forum I could quickly and easily clean everything up and make it look nice and professional. I think I went ot with that..oops...
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

This is just a possibility right now, but the site may expand to include all Mitsubishi vehicles. This will not effect lancerforums.com in any way. It will just expand the content and possibly give us a better chance to get information from Mitsubishi for future news, models, etc.
no offense what so ever KK (i love this freakin site) but that would defeat the purpose of it being lancerforums.com......

I think specializing in a certian model of mitsubishi makes the site more popular....but thats my opinion....
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WRC4ever
I am NOT for an all Mitsu vehicles website. As it is, we're having almost a hard time between the US Lancers and EVOs. Imagine adding the other lineups, including the RalliArt vehicles like Airtrek, FTO, Pajero Evo, etc.... No way, too crowded.
Ditto and I do like the yearly fee thingy. Kinda cool for the swag we'd get.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

How much would the yearly fee be???
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:44 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

The way I envision the addition of more models would not merge them into these forums. Each model will have their own forums section, with a very general section for all members to chat, etc. Each model page will be like a seperate site, with forums link, etc. If anything, I would still be in the Evo section of the new site, so I'll be damned if it's all generalized

No matter what, Lancerforums.com will remain and the url will be the same, it will just point everyone to the new lancer section of the the broader site. The features would be all lancer related from that section... same spotlights, articles, events, etc will all be lancer info. I would also like to split the US Lancer and Evo models further at that point so that the topics aren't so mixed up at as they are right now... there's just not enough in common between the models to keep them merged.

The main reason I would like to to go through with that is because it would generate a lot of interest from Mitsubishi since the site is now about the brand, not a model, which may discontinue in x years. That could allow us to get access to press info, test cars, and much more!

Again, I just want to stress the expansion part is a concept right now, while the other ideas WILL be implemented in time.

Keep the feedback coming!

Mark
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:45 AM

WRC4EVER has a point when it comes to integrating all Mitsu cars on this website. Right now is a little confusing with the Lancer and the Evo. If you add all Mitsu cars it would make it even more confusing but if you must, try separating all Mitsu cars (like having an option on the homepage so you can go to whatever Mitsu car you want to discuss on read up on). I think there has to be some way of separating all the Mitsu models.

for membership and dealer discounts
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:50 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Just to explain by example, if a person were to type in

www.lancerforums.com

they would be taken to

lancerforums.newsiteurl.com

Then the forums would be

lancerforums.newsiteurl.com/forums/

or something to that effect.

Mark
Old Jun 11, 2002, 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

So you're essentially gonna make a mitsu version of freshalloy.com?
http://forums.freshalloy.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
I like that idea, except there should be subforums under each model, ie engine, body, interior etc..