Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Virus warnings while surfing the site?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Same here, gotten then is the past week. Virus protection blocks it
Old May 6, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got the same warning from symantec endpoint.
it says a traffic IP address is blocked because it was a "web attack"
I only get that when I go here in EvoM.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Thank you again for your comments. As far as we can tell these are false positives. Each AV program uses its own algorithm for identifying viruses and malware. When combined with different browsers and each users unique settings, the false positives increase. I have several virus warnings and blocked links on the Fox News webpage with my AV software Webroot. It is very difficult to track these down when we can't duplicate them. Thanks.

Bob..
Old May 8, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I actually only get it when I use a google search to go through threads here. Each time it blocks a different "attack" too. Really annoying.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:28 AM

****ty I'm reading up on this now. But heres my story: Usually I search EvoM on my IPad, just yesterday I decided to use my dads computer downstairs (our families main PC). I remember it very clearly, searched yahoo: "what are the best cams for an EVO IX", yahoo then suggested links, I saw one from EvoM, *usually this is a trustworthy site, have had a few problems with Trojans malware etc. And what not* but hey I proceeded anyways. That ended up being a HUGE mistake!!!!!! As soon as the EvoM link loaded that's when ALL my anti virus programs popped up, shut my Internet down, and couldn't use the computer for ****, I then shut the computer down manually to have my dad look at it. Hes now outrageously pissed!!!!!! Has one of his computer buddies tearing it apart, word is it's not looking too good, may have lost everything...sorry if their are any typing errors or misunderstanding, it was done on my IPad with no keyboard hahaha not so simple...I don't know if this is any help, just wanted to get the word out, definitely ruined the weekend and trust with my pops, he believes I was on **** or some ****, that clearly wasn't the case and he'll see that once his guy goes into the history and what not to see what time the virus occured...my advice, only search EvoM on iPads/iPhones/etc./ or on a friends computer of who of which u strongly have hate towards...NEVER ON A FAMILIES MAIN COMPUTER!!!!!!! All in all EvoM is a great website, I learned a lot here, and that's why I'm not going to badmouth or point fingers...CHEERS everyone and thanks for listening.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

Thank you all for your reports. We are unable to reproduce these warnings, however, will continue to closely monitor the site. Thanks.

Bob..
Old May 31, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Thank you all for your reports. We are unable to reproduce these warnings, however, will continue to closely monitor the site. Thanks.

Bob..
Just use a google search and click a link to evolutionm.net. Hell even typing "evolutionm.net" into the search term and clicking the first link (the home page) will get you the virus warnings. Guarantee you'll get it each and every single time. The previous poster used yahoo search and got it too I guess.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:43 PM

I got into looking at this site and within my first two days I had some sort of browser hijack that redirected all my internet searches. Now check this out I get a call from some guy who tells me that my computer has a virus and that he can fix it for me. I am like this is just a random scam caller and hung up after listening to his warnings.
I figure I am decent enough with a PC and can clean this thing up; no way. I spent days with every single tool I could get and still could not get rid of it. So I hand the computer to the IT guys at work and they could not figure it out so they gave it to the network guys to see what is going on and they put the thing on a private network and used a sniffer to monitor what it is doing.

Below is the report he provided maybe it can help others.

When we tested in a separate DMZ vlan, there were some symptoms,
1. IE seemed to fail to open., so we used firefox.
When did any search from google.com it will redirect to some other websites. And if we search ###.com, the result never show up ###.com, always something else. Some processes hijacked the session.
2. When use sniffer tool, browser traffic be redirected to another ip address. We found one links redirected to http://Lkckclckl1i1i.com

Check something from google and find it should be a Trojan/Virus,Lkckclckl1i1i.com.
They hijack search connection by changing DNS, host files, register..etc
Some people use some tools to remove it in safe mode such as combofix.

In the end they replaced my hard drive and installed some other antivirus systems that I am not really aware of. Since then no more problem but I can tell that when I go to this site that things slow down alot compared to other sites. In all honesty this was the one new site that I visited prior to the problem.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe its a Mac vs PC thing? Are Mac users getting this problem too?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have also been having some problems. usually i search this site on my droid pro, and rarely use the computer but i do sometimes if i need to view pictures in higher resolution. for about the past montt when i come to the site on my droid i get a message saying something like there may be a problem with the sites server and it is untrusted. i just click continue on the phone. use to though it would say this site is android native and give me an option to view it in the android "version" or view it as if it was on the computer screen. it no longer does that it only gives the untrusted certificate thing.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I get this too. I run Firefox w/Ad-Aware, Nod32 and it only happens when I come in via Google and not direct. There's obviously something going on with the Google indexing.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is also been posted before under here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/si...ware-here.html

pictures have been included by others including myself.

-B
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I regularly get warnings from Avast! when selecting EvoM pages via Google searches. This sort of thing...

Interestingly, Avast! only whinges when I "open in new tab" - never just browsing the site or going directly from Google to an EvoM page.

The exact same thing happens on another PC that uses Kaspersky.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Virus warnings while surfing the site?-2011.06.14_blocked.png  
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hi and thank you for the detailed information. When was last time you received
the warning?

Bob..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Jun 13, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:20 PM

I also get a virus warning from AVG when I come to EVOM from Google. Do not have any detailed info for you guys. But it happens a bunch of times but not every time.

I did not get a warning today because this was a link sent in a email from a friend. I asked him if he was getting any virus's from here just yesterday so he sent me this link today.

Quick Reply: Virus warnings while surfing the site?