Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

buying on this site?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry buying on this site?

can anyone explain to me how i can buy a car on this site with this dumb 15 post rule, and then i can't post. so how exactly am i supposed to get to 15?????
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by installer
can anyone explain to me how i can buy a car on this site with this dumb 15 post rule, and then i can't post. so how exactly am i supposed to get to 15?????
Go to show and shine look at 15 threads and compliment the pics and call it a day.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

^ thats probably the easiest way, or if your looking to just buy, pm the seller. thats what i would do to buy parts before i hit 50 posts (the old rule)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:03 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
show and shine doesn't increase post count. you can still browse the for sale section.. find what you want and pm the seller.. its not hard nor the end of the world. Be happy they reduced it from 50 which I think was better anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:51 AM

i could have sworn it was still 50 last i read hmmmm?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still 50...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:07 AM
Admin Alumni

OK, all the info you could possibly need are in these 2 places. Here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tionm-net.html

or here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fa...q_new_faq_item

We call the latter "FAQ's" as they are the most Frequently Asked Questions here, very similar to what you are asking and linked in the menu bar at the top of EVERY page!!! Cheers, and happy (meaningful) posting!!

SASD209 - Ordinary Decent Fellow

*edit*

Silly me, there is even this thread, just above this one..... in this very forum!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/si...ction-why.html

Last edited by SASD209; Mar 10, 2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:21 PM

Pm the seller. That's what I do
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

I'll say it is pretty frustrating.

I joined the forums because I was shopping for an Evo.

I made a few PM contacts on cars for sale, made a few auction offers, talked to a few online sellers, etc. I was really beating the bushes.

Right before I bought my car, I PM'ed two sellers in the Cars for Sale section, but I was looking pretty hard for the right car. I made an offer to a guy 5 hours away via Autotrader, and he accepted. The next day I got the responses from the two evolutionm guys I PM'ed the day before, but it was too late, I had already made the other deal.

I'm very happy with the car I got, but two evom marketplace sellers had a chance at selling and did not make it. Was it because I couldn't bump their sale post with a "PM'ed"? Hard to tell, but it is food for thought.

Btw, I joined the forums, looked for and bought a car, and have ordered parts for it, and I STILL cannot post in the marketplace. I think it is next weekend I'll be able to.

Btw btw, I'm pretty sure that posting in Site Feedback does not help your post count either.

Still, got my car, got my forum membership, soon will have marketplace privileges, so I'm good. But I agree that it is annoying. I understand not being able to create threads in FS. I understand not being able to reply in the parts section. But I think being able to Reply to a Vehicles FS thread could be crucial for a prospective new Evo owner, and seriously increase the chances for members to complete a car sale.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'd rather see annoying repetitive threads like this myself than see another member get scammed because someone signed up, posted stuff for sale, then made off like a bandit all within a couple hours.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^yep exactly why every popular car forum make these rules, people sign in scam someone then off they go.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Lol
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FERNO
I understand not being able to create threads in FS. I understand not being able to reply in the parts section. But I think being able to Reply to a Vehicles FS thread could be crucial for a prospective new Evo owner, and seriously increase the chances for members to complete a car sale.
Originally Posted by AWDPowah
I'd rather see annoying repetitive threads like this myself than see another member get scammed because someone signed up, posted stuff for sale, then made off like a bandit all within a couple hours.
Yeah, but what about my quote above? Lock down the ability to create a thread, and even reply to threads not the in the Vehicles For Sale section. But some people come here to buy a car to join the ranks of Evo owners. I'd rather buy from an enthusiast, without having to wait a month and resort to posting questions or commenting on a car that I don't even own yet.

Originally Posted by erald01
^^^^yep exactly why every popular car forum make these rules, people sign in scam someone then off they go.
^^^^ yep, except its pretty damn tough to scam people when all you can do is reply, in the vehicles for sale section.

Just sayin'. It makes sense, but not necessarily across the board.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Chances are that any Evo for sale on here is far from stock. A noob should not buy their first Evo modified. They should stick to cars.com or the autotrader. Just sayin.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDPowah
Chances are that any Evo for sale on here is far from stock. A noob should not buy their first Evo modified. They should stick to cars.com or the autotrader. Just sayin.
Sorry man, but this is nonsense. Your implying that evom Evos are not stock. I'm sure the stock owners love that. And your implying that the tons of cars elsewhere are stock, when 2 of the 5 I looked at from Autotrader had cams and a shepherd trans.

Every Evo that I looked at on here had the stock Enkeis except one.

Every one had the stock turbo.

Every one had stock cams except one.

The car I bought on Autotrader has HKS 272s and an AMS GT35R.

Just because someone is an Evo noob doesn't make them a speed noob. I've had seven bikes that make a modded Evo feel slow, and one car that did.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by FERNO; Mar 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM.