Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

EvoM and Firefox/Ad Block Plus issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation EvoM and Firefox/Ad Block Plus issues

Hey guys,

I've always used firefox and ad block plus (firefox ad on) and never had issues with EvoM until recently. Not sure if anyone else is having these problems, but whenever ad block plus is enabled on the EvoM forums it seems like all the basics are disabled as well. This includes being able to post new threads, viewing avatars, being able to edit which forums you want to be able to view, editing posts, sending PM's, search options, quick links on the task bar and many more.

I know a quick fix is just to disable ad block plus on EvoM, but I was wondering if maybe admin can look into this as it seems like this just started happening. I would just prefer to view the forums like I usually do without all the ads.

Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the same and have no issues
Old Apr 3, 2011, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

same setup, no problems.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Aha, so I'm seeing this issue too. It seems it just started for me in the last few days. I checked all my add-ons, thinking it was one of my java scipt blocking ones, but nope. Just disabled ABP, and bingo, I have my functions back. Maybe some of those feature resources are pattern matching on ABP's rules?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet it's a filter issue. To the people having issues, what filter subscription do you belong to? EasyList (USA) works fine.

-Bink
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I'm using Easylist USA. Aha, I pulled up blocked items, and noticed many matches for the " ||ibsrv.net^$third-party " filter. Since EvoM is an IB site, and I'm guessing "ibsrv" is a CDN sub-site, I disabled that one, and now I seem to have most of my functionality back.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

same problem with me and i unchecked adblock and now everything works... I thought it was a problem with the site until i checked it with safari and everything worked no problem... Ill look up the ibserv and delete that and see if it works...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I have Firefox 3.6 and ABP latest version. No issues here.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMPdemon
I'm using Easylist USA. Aha, I pulled up blocked items, and noticed many matches for the " ||ibsrv.net^$third-party " filter. Since EvoM is an IB site, and I'm guessing "ibsrv" is a CDN sub-site, I disabled that one, and now I seem to have most of my functionality back.
I'll try that later and see if it works. The strange thing is EvoM was working fine for me literally until this past weekend, when many of the main functions were disabled and I narrowed it down to ABP. It could be from the recent ABP update which installed that added IB sites.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

must be limited to firefox 4 then? onces i disabled ||ibsrv.net^$third-party it worked no problem...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMPdemon
Yeah that seemed to do the trick! Strange how it just started happening in the last few days though. Must be from the Ad Block Plus update that happened last week. Thanks for that post.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:21 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
hello everyone

AdBlockPlus updated their easylist a few days ago, and they placed ibsrv.net onto the list.

I have spoken with them, and as of this morning, we've been removed from the easylist. If you are still experiencing issues with the site, please update your easylist, and all should be well again.

cheers,
robb
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome, thanks for the update and glad you guys solved it so quickly! I'll try it out later and see if it works.

Originally Posted by Robb M.
hello everyone

AdBlockPlus updated their easylist a few days ago, and they placed ibsrv.net onto the list.

I have spoken with them, and as of this morning, we've been removed from the easylist. If you are still experiencing issues with the site, please update your easylist, and all should be well again.

cheers,
robb
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:19 AM

disable it just for this forum