Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

VBExperience system update.. Loss of Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
VBExperience system update.. Loss of Points

Hey everyone!

First I want to thank each of you who took the time to report your experience with VbExperience. There were two active threads that have become very long with many questions and observations that have been buried with time. The goals of the system are to encourage positive contributions and add some fun while here. Neither appear to being met and in fact having the opposite result. I monitored the VbExperience roll out on two other IB automotive communities before we brought it here. The community experience there was substantially different and I apologize to those who have seen point loses seemingly without a reason and have become understandably discouraged.

Additional changes were made to the system today and if we continue to see inexplicable large point losses we will have to request tech support to see why. Please continue to report anomalies going forward from today or large point losses. Thanks.

Bob..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Dec 13, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:29 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay, I got my lost points & levels back today!

Thanks Bob
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
thank you for fixing the issue. i got a bunch of points back and again have faith in this forum =D
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hey everyone!

First I want to thank each of you who took the time to report your experience with VbExperience. There were two active threads that have become very long with many questions and observations that have been buried with time. The goals of the system are to encourage positive contributions and add some fun while here. Neither appear to being met and in fact having the opposite result. I monitored the VbExperience roll out on two other IB automotive communities before we brought it here. The community experience there was substantially different and I apologize to those who have seen point loses seemingly without a reason and have become understandably discouraged.

Additional changes were made to the system today and if we continue to see inexplicable large point losses we will have to request tech support to see why. Please continue to report anomalies going forward from today or large point losses. Thanks.

Bob..
Don't sweat it Bob. Whether the thing (VBExperience) is working or broken, I'm having fun watching the points bouncing up and down.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apparently I lost 2,314 points on 9 DEC, can you please help?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

I've lost more points than I have gained. LOL today I made what I thought was a valuable contribution to a tech thread and lost over 6,300 points. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan so logging on each day and making posts isn't going to happen, but I am trying to continue to be a contributing member of the community. Talk about a kick in the nuts when I make a post then lose more points than I have! When the system was first implemented I noticed that it gave me over 10,000 points, I thought for past contributions, but then it took almost everyone of them back. I think the positive reward theory has been lost. LOL Thanks for looking into new ways to invigorate this community but I feel this one has failed miserably.

Josh
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I really don't care for this whole points system. I just like to come here and learn from others and give incite to those that need it. I'm not here to score points
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I really don't care for this whole points system. I just like to come here and learn from others and give incite to those that need it. I'm not here to score points
I agree completely! If the point system were easy to understand, fair, and offered some benefit to users, it wouldn't be a bad thing, but it isn't any of these things.

Last edited by drb; Dec 14, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:45 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Gifted 10 points to Bob as thanks for re-tweaking the system, and requested as friend.. maybe I'll get 5 back

Willing to bribe for another 50 points if you can get the mobile EvoM site back up and running
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by AFD
Gifted 10 points to Bob as thanks for re-tweaking the system, and requested as friend.. maybe I'll get 5 back

Willing to bribe for another 50 points if you can get the mobile EvoM site back up and running
Thank you, but unnecessary and I'll be returning them with thanks. All we ask is you have fun and share your knowledge and experiences with our community. Hopefully learning things along the way. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

Has anyone seen a large point drop since the 13th of this week? Thanks.

Bob..
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have my points back??
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hello, anyone there?? Still no points system....
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by sstevojr
I don't have my points back??
Hi!

I'm checking on why some members have no points. Sorry. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Bob, got a nice upgrade in points. I am finally making some headway. Thanks for tweaking the system!

Quick Reply: VBExperience system update.. Loss of Points