Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Hurricane Sandy...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hurricane Sandy...

Hi everyone!

Millions of people (me) are in the projected track of Sandy and power loss along with historic flooding is very real . This is a very dangerous storm and millions of people are going to be affected. I'm opening this thread as a central location for members to post what is happening in their areas. As this storm is life threatening, I've ask the moderators to keep it free of BS as someone may need help. The impact of this storm will be felt for weeks and months. Everyone in the path hunker down and stay safe!

If you are in the mid atlantic please post what you are experiencing and state your location in the subject of your post.

Bob..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in school at ATC, and apparnetly the whole city is shut down but they still wanna run classes. Its just raining right now, nothing too big.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Virginia Beach, Virginia here, strong gusty winds and occasional light rain. Leaves all over the vehicles and some very small branches on the ground but really not bad at all. Just noisy while trying to sleep last night.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i am in park ridge NJ . the North border of NJ to NY. We have a small wind and no rain. Light drizzle was an hour ago , but it is "calm" right now.

posted 10 AM monday.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:52 AM

I'm in CT. People in towns surrounding mine already don't have power. It's raining on and off but they said it won't be bad until about 3. They just said on the news that they are closing down all streets and major highways by 1 so everyone needs to get home. I hope everyone stays safe!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:01 AM

I heard about this, but i wasn't sure how bad this hurricane was.. deepest regards to everyone that has been victimized by this disaster.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:02 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in central jersey, Hunderdon County. I'm at work, pretty windy on the way to work, constant rain, not real heavy though. I imagine by mid afternoon there will start to be some flooding. The road I work on floods pretty bad, so when it gets close to that, I'm heading home. Most businesses & schools are all closed. Roads were very empty on the way to work. My girlfriend works in north jersey & they closed her work for the day.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:15 AM

Yeah my boss texted me at 5 this morning telling me not to come in today or tomorrow plus uconn is closed today, not sure about the rest of the week though. The wind is really starting to pick up now and I only posted a half hour ago saying it wasn't bad yet. The news is saying that nobody alive today has ever experienced a storm this bad. So I can't say it enough to everyone to stay safe and don't do anything stupid!!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Middle of new york state. Winds already 20mph steady, going to get up to 60-70 as I'm at school in high elevation. Evo is home and safe, well as safe as it can be lol. Hurricane party it is then!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah it's pretty bad where I'm at in long island right now... On the north shore.. I took some good pics 2 hours ago from my iPad, but can't figure out how to upload them
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

These are from 2 hours ago.
Attached Images      
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
I'm near Reading PA and monitoring my home weather station. We have surface winds at 24 mph out of the Northeast. So far a little over 1 inch of rain with a biblical amount forecast to follow. This is going to be a night of little sleep.

Bob..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

I'm about 20 North of Philadelphia in Chalfont, PA. Winds are strong but nothing crazy yet, and the rain isn't much to write home about. Was supposed to fly out to SEMA this morning but all flights were canceled .

If you guys want somewhat of an idea what NJ/MD are going through, click the link below. Its the emergency scan channel for Atlantic City.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...wp&feedId=2801
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
NNJ here Morris County. Its windy, stronger gusts at times. The rain is not very heavy as of now it's just blowing sideways with the wind.

Working from home Today and Tomorrow (Well as long as the powers on anyways)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

University of Maryland area checking in. So far its just been light to moderate rain / wind. Still have electricity!

Quick Reply: Hurricane Sandy...