Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Why Vendors are allowed to sell "USED" parts without a picture?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Vendors are allowed to sell "USED" parts without a picture?

#6b Rule
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/announcement.php?f=17

I'm trying to buy used parts from them. I sent pm but still no pic. Not going to mention their company. I think it's also fair for all us including vendors to sell parts w posted pictures and details.

**Mod please move this post if it doesnt belong in this section. Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
IMO, i think they can walk away without one. It's because they are here to do business, if they screw someone up they know they can't be here for that long. People talk is most important... especially in forum business.

Don't buy it, if seller doesn't sending you a picture. Simple for me, If seller doesn't reply me back within a day, i walk away from it....Well expect shops that they closed on weekend or holidays. No time to check their PM or reply? how they are going to have a time to ship the part? lol. Idk just my two cents.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Picture is a must for every seller IMO vendor or not esp for USED parts.
Ex; I'm selling a set of a motegi rims off our shop car. One of the rim was repaired cause it was damaged when it hit the wall @ the shootout. All rims are in good condition.

So would you buy these rims without a picture?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evotris
Picture is a must for every seller IMO vendor or not esp for USED parts.
Ex; I'm selling a set of a motegi rims off our shop car. One of the rim was repaired cause it was damaged when it hit the wall @ the shootout. All rims are in good condition.

So would you buy these rims without a picture?
Do i can buy without photo? Yes. It is depend on who is selling. If i was in situation buying that from a shops? This is i will do first,
1. check their feedbacks/history.
2. Also try search their shop name thru google to see if any other reviews there.
3. I will wait how fast they reply and how they are explain stuff about item they selling.
4. I will use paypal or use credit card thru their shop.
5. I will try check the item soon as i can when it arrive.

Pictures with username, honestly it is useless in here. Yes it will help. But look around in evom, how many threads pops up everyweek without pictures. Mods closed/delete them little bit, but i see some of they missed a lot. I think buyer MUST watch out themself and ASK every questions to seller is MORE important than a single photo on this forum.

Just my cents...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The policy should be if you have 20+ positive reviews or more etc... Which would allow users that have been here for awhile that shows loyalty and honesty i guess a ratio if bAd reviews vs good like a 90% ratio or lower you have to pit up pix
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics should be a must, regardless of reviews and which level "sponsor" you are.
Not too long ago a shop (and evom vender) was busted for selling stolen items...
So vin#s and such are important.
If theyre not willing to provide a picture at your request, **** 'em their customer service sucks
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1d10t
Not too long ago a shop (and evom vender) was busted for selling stolen items...
If theyre not willing to provide a picture at your request, **** 'em their customer service sucks
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
everyone should provide a picture, if they dont then dont buy from them easy as that.
i believe the main reason they get by is because they are reputable, sold tons of stuff on here.
would i buy from a vendor as apposed to a member in the same situation, definitely. why? because vendors do business on here, some members just sell to take your money.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:51 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Moved to site feedback.

We are discussing this internally. Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1d10t
I believe that that particular vendor was released without larceny charges. I could be wrong about that, though.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
I believe that that particular vendor was released without larceny charges. I could be wrong about that, though.
he still screwed dozens of members with junk or non existent parts.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:36 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
After some discussion, we're not going to extend our requirement for pictures to vendors. Vendors are vetted, and while it's not a perfect process, it does weed out most of the problems.

That said, you should never buy something from someone you don't trust. There's zero excuse to not provide pictures if someone requests. If you're concerned about the condition of a used product, demand pictures before sending money. If they can't provide pictures, VIN tags, etc don't buy.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think one of the reason vendors dont have to put pics in their ads is that IB (the company that owns EvoM.net) already has all our info and our credit card numbers. And like WSB said, we're "vetted". I think its different with members because EvoM or IB Does NOT have all their info, so there has to be more rules for them.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

If a buyer ask to post pics on a vendor's used for sale thread, it shouldn't be an issue. People now a days owns a smartphone w camera. If vendor's really have a good reputation on selling "new" parts they should build their reputations selling "used" parts too. I see the vendor posting everyday but won't reply in their used for sale thread w pics. (as requested days/weeks ago)

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
I think one of the reason vendors dont have to put pics in their ads is that IB (the company that owns EvoM.net) already has all our info and our credit card numbers. And like WSB said, we're "vetted". I think its different with members because EvoM or IB Does NOT have all their info, so there has to be more rules for them.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evotris
If a buyer ask to post pics on a vendor's used for sale thread, it shouldn't be an issue. People now a days owns a smartphone w camera. If vendor's really have a good reputation on selling "new" parts they should build their reputations selling "used" parts too. I see the vendor posting everyday but won't reply in their used for sale thread w pics. (as requested days/weeks ago)
Yes. I agree. If your are asked for pics about an item your selling you should definitely provide a pic, weather your a reg member or a scammer. I was just commenting on why it wasnt required for vendors. Its required to get rid of scammers, but vendors are rarely scammers (sometimes they are, but rarely), so they dont have to provide a pic to prove they arent a scammer.

Quick Reply: Why Vendors are allowed to sell "USED" parts without a picture?