Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

relaliation feedback should not be allowed.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I was just left unwarranted bad feedback because I left very necessary bad feedback for a seller.. I hope this can be removed.

here is the for sale thread. moderators can check pms to see whos the lier that deserved the bad feedback.

I was sold a bad set of rods and the seller was just horrible to deal with. as soon as he noticed i left feedback in his for sale thread he closed it. the pistons he is selling has to be bad as well. so I was trying to be helpful so no one would buy a set of bad pistons too.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...o-pistons.html

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jul 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

now I am really pissed. if you look at the pics he posted you can see the bad bushing. And he accused me of scamming him. and left unwarranted bad feedback.

mods you need to do work here..
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

I'm always reluctant to change feedback without both parties in agreement as we do not have the tools to investigate claims. Please send me a PM with the details and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Bob
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:16 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
moderators can check pms to see whos the lier that deserved the bad feedback.
Just to clarify, the staff does not have access to PMs. They are private.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

picture seller posted!!!!!!:
picture is blurry so if you dont know what to look for you would never see it. especially when seller states "Rods were inspected thoroughly, there is no damage to them."
but if you look closely at #2 rod small end you can see the brass is missing. and the hole is oblong.

pictures of what I received:

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jul 18, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

94AWDcoupe
why on earth is one pin missing? damaged I assume?
jezzy101
Your assumption is correct
94awdcoupe
so that means one rod needs the small end redone. interested in the rods. what other damage do they have?
jezzy101
Rods were inspected thoroughly, there is no damage to them.
One wrist pin was damaged when separating.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

94awdcoupe
forgive me if I cant be polite here. NO ONE LIKES TO BE LIED TO. you sent me three usable rods. the damaged rod cant be re-bushed. its too far worn to hold a new bush tight. so these rods were obviously never inspected. I am pissed to say the least. how did you think I would feel? a new rod is 210 shipped to get one rod that wont match the weight of the other three, so it makes these three rods worth 200 bucks to me. cant wait to hear your response to this situation.[/QUOTE]

jezzy101
Forgive me, I am not a ASE mechanic, I simply relayed what was told to me.
I thought $100 a rod was a fair price, I apologize one is no good, this is news to me.
To rectify the situation I feel refunding $100 would be fair, give me your paypal address and I will put it in now.
Again, I apologize, I am no scammer, I was just mis informed on the condition of the rods.

94awdcoupe
sending 100 back doesnt work for me. You gotta see my side here. you stated you were 100% sure the rods were a good usable set, I am sorry someone told you they were good. but that is not my problem and you cant shift thier mistake onto me. You sold these rods not the other guy. you are offereing 100 when it will cost 250 to make these rods a good usable set .how can you possibly see that as fair? I wouldnt have bought the rods had i been informed i was going to need to spend another 150 on them to make them work. I am owed one of two things here at minimum a complete refund . or the cost of a replacement rod which is 210 shipped. and that doesnt include balancing the set again. used singles for 100 are non existant .thats not a fair offer at all.

jezzy101
I was waiting to hear back from my mechanic and was told again the rods were fine. He even suggested you may be trying to scam me. My feedback is excellent and have never had a problem on here or Ebay.
I am a very fair person and only because of that I will refund the replacement cost of a rod at the time that I purchased them which is $143.75, if that doesn't work for you seek mediation.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

feedback left for jezzy101
"very shady seller, would never trust again"

resulted in retaliation feedback for 94awdcoupe
"scammer, said item was damaged after inspection by certified mechanic"

summation:
you dont have to be a mechanic to see this rod was toast. a good seller would have offered a refund, no if ands or butts. he forced me to take a settlement that I didnt agree with. I didnt get what I paid for. and his refund will cover half of what its going to cost to make this set of rods usable. he deserved bad feedback. I did not.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jul 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Agreed. Unfortunately it is usually very difficult to be 100% clear on who is in the wrong and it will likely end up becoming "he said this" vs "he said that".

Sucks man.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Prior to May 2008, retaliatory feedback was negative feedback left by one trading partner directly in response to negative feedback from the other. Because it was perceived by many members to be unfair, retaliatory feedback remained one of the most contentious and controversial issues in the eBay feedback system, skewing its accuracy according to some critics, until eBay ultimately removed sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers.

Though retaliatory feedback is no longer possible
, in the past it occurred when one partner in a trading transaction was unhappy enough to leave negative feedback about the other party, often after failing to resolve a dispute amicably. The retaliation occurred as the second party then left negative feedback in return, without regard to their own level satisfaction with the transaction or with their partner's performance in it.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Ebay and iTrader are in no way close to related. iTrader offers no conflict resolution. Our sellers should have just as much right to leave feedback in cases where buyers made unreasonable demands, demanded unwarranted discounts, scammed them out of payments, etc.

In your situation, the seller feels like he took precautions to prevent an issue, you claimed there is an issue, he tried to resolve it with cash, increased his cash offer, and you still refused. I'm not saying you were wrong or not justified, but from his perspective I can see why he may think you are trying to scam him. That's why I always suggest a refund and return of parts. It's also why I mark any parts I send.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

excuse th e**** me.
you are amazing. are you even looking at the pics posted????
holy crap I am wasting me time talking to a bunch of idiots!

facts. engine was NOISY
took engine apart and tryed to recoupe losses by selling broken parts.
no refund offer was made. thats why we are here.

THE PICTURES CLEARLY SHOW ROD WAS DAMAGED IN HIS POSSESSION.
AND THAT IS FURTHUR REINFORCED BY THE RIDICULOUS LIE THE WRIST PIN WAS DAMAGED WHEN SEPARATING . and yet again reinforced by him removing the ad for the broke pistons he was trying to sell as well after i exposed him.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jul 18, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

not only can you see the brass missing in the pin. but also the whole is no longer round. its oval. that why when I received it the pin fit looser than ***** on prom nite.

YET, I AM POSSIBLY SCAMMING HIM?????

dont get how anyone can be so blind.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:24 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Blind is not reading the post in its entirety. I clearly stated:

I'm not saying you were wrong or not justified, but from his perspective I can see why he may think you are trying to scam him.
It was simply an effort to change perspective to the person on the other side of the transaction, and thus explain why we have a 2 sided feedback system. It wasn't a commentary on what I believe happened in your transaction, which is irrelevant since this is not a dispute thread.