Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Okay for vendors to Spam all sections?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:59 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Okay for vendors to Spam all sections?

I usually don't post in new threads because...well, they are buried in bumped Vendor threads and I don't see them. Are vendors supposed to be spamming only their sections or is it actually okay for them to do it in every sub forum?
I pretty much just stick to my subscriptions so I don't have to filter through four pages of crap.
Or am I just getting old?
😂

Old Nov 22, 2018, 01:19 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
We're both getting old. I hate the vendor "buy me buy me" posts....
Old Nov 22, 2018, 01:29 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Jp7
We're both getting old. I hate the vendor "buy me buy me" posts....
Old Nov 23, 2018, 05:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hey!

No, all vendor ads should be place in the vendor forums. We will talk to them, thank you for letting us know.

Bob
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Like this? It happens all the time.

The forum won't do anything about it. The few last paying vendors here are what's keeping them alive. It sure ain't the five to six people that actually post on this forum.

The following users liked this post:
Abacus (Dec 28, 2018)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 01:03 PM
kaj

Yep, like that. I can even name the vendors off the top of my head, since I see it so much LOL
I think I'm silently boycotting them just because I'm tired of them spamming the site.
I'd hate to see this place turn into MySpace, where all it's good for is ad space and all the people leave.
On the bright side, if I quit posting here, I'd probably have a lot more free time to do other things.
Once traffic slows, vendors will bail and then *poof* gone.
Hopefully I can reach 10k posts before then.

Originally Posted by razorlab
Like this? It happens all the time.
The forum won't do anything about it. The few last paying vendors here are what's keeping them alive. It sure ain't the five to six people that actually post on this forum.

Old Nov 24, 2018, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Is it dying because us old farts who actually work and modify these cars are few and far between and not being replaced by younger Evo junkies ? I feel like the guys in their 20's and younger don't actually want to work on or understand the car. Is that me just being a biased old dude or is that reality? It does seem that there are only a handful of guys posting real answers and making technical threads on how to modify the Evo.
EVO196 (Nov 27, 2018)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 06:12 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jaraxle
Is it dying because us old farts who actually work and modify these cars are few and far between and not being replaced by younger Evo junkies ? I feel like the guys in their 20's and younger don't actually want to work on or understand the car. Is that me just being a biased old dude or is that reality? It does seem that there are only a handful of guys posting real answers and making technical threads on how to modify the Evo.
Most of these young kids would rather text and go on social media- I call them "phone drones"....
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:32 PM
kaj

The generation behind me wants to stance the cars out, hard Park at McDonald's, and be Instagram famous. It's not so much about the cars any more.
None of them know how to do much more than maybe an oil change. They are more into swapping light bulbs.
The younger car guys don't seem to be as mechanically inclined.
Just today, I saw a for sale ad on Facebook and the guy didn't know any of the info for the parts he was selling. 'Couldn't answer a single question LOL

Yes. We're getting old. I could be some of these kids' dad.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 02:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Bit of blanket statements here. There are plenty of younger car enthusiasts who wrench on their cars and go to the track.

We where young once and did the same things we do now. I started wrenching and going to the track in my late teens. Here I am at 43 years old still doing the same thing. Arguably older and wiser.

There where also a bunch of people back then that didn't know anything about cars other than wanting to drive them fast. Same as now. There are always a percentage of old dudes at the track with Corvette hats and shirts that don't know jack crap about their car other than wanting to just drive it fast, and plenty of old dudes like me that wired the whole damn car, pretty much put it all together and apart and back again, can tell you every single little annoying fact about their car and like to drive fast.
EVO196 (Nov 27, 2018)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 03:24 PM
kaj

Well you sure took all the fun out of our facetious-ness.
:P
Old Nov 24, 2018, 09:56 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

what I like most, is when I hear kids talking about "tuning", and they don't understand what ignition timing is- or fuel injection pulsewidth (or how any of it works for that matter)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:10 PM
kaj

Modern Tuning = body kits.
EVO196 (Nov 27, 2018)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Waaaaa Waaa Waaaaa, lol. We're all getting old which means we should know by now that if we want out forum we either need to welcome (tolerate) vendors or pay for the site ourselves. You sound like the whining old people we used to make fun of when we were young. Stop that. Suck it up, grab yourself by the ***** and remember the time you promised yourself, "I'll never be that guy".

This public service announcement brought to you by another old guy who loves evos.
EVO196 (Nov 27, 2018)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:10 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
Waaaaa Waaa Waaaaa, lol. We're all getting old which means we should know by now that if we want out forum we either need to welcome (tolerate) vendors or pay for the site ourselves. You sound like the whining old people we used to make fun of when we were young. Stop that. Suck it up, grab yourself by the ***** and remember the time you promised yourself, "I'll never be that guy".

This public service announcement brought to you by another old guy who loves evos.
That's a negative, ghost rider.