Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

3 things that really need fixed badly on the new forum:

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 3 things that really need fixed badly on the new forum:

either its me or the forum, but im not quite sure whats going on with some of this stuff on here now. it would be great if someone could tell me how to fix it, or if it will be fixed, etc...

1. every single post i reply to, i automatically am subscibed to that thread. do you know how annoying it is to either; A: delete about 50 emails a day from threads, only 2 of which you care to follow up on. or B - having to unsubscribe to every thread you reply to.

2. Attachments. it is a big pain in the *** to have to try and click a tiny little "-" for a link to a pic, or sometimes there isnt even a little "-" but rather a blank area about the size of a sperm cell you have to try to get your pointer to click on.

3. I click someones name to see their profile, but can no longer see their car or pics of their car and mod lists, etc... just contact info. i think i may just be blind on this one though.

thanks.

Last edited by pickleknock; May 18, 2004 at 06:50 AM.
Old May 18, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I was going to post and ask about the forum. I miss being able to share information about our cars (pics, mod list, etc.). That was one of the coolest features on this board. If we could get that back soon it would be most appreciated.

I know you guys are busy making changes, and you've been doing a great job!! The site is looking awesome!!

Keep up the good work!!
Old May 18, 2004, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

1. click "quick links" and go to "edit options" under there you can change your subscription settings

2. i'm not sure about the attachments as i have not had this issue, all the images i see i see the thumbnails

3. this beign worked on, you might try a search next time in site feedback
Old May 18, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pickleknock
either its me or the forum, but im not quite sure whats going on with some of this stuff on here now. it would be great if someone could tell me how to fix it, or if it will be fixed, etc...

1. every single post i reply to, i automatically am subscibed to that thread. do you know how annoying it is to either; A: delete about 50 emails a day from threads, only 2 of which you care to follow up on. or B - having to unsubscribe to every thread you reply to.

2. Attachments. it is a big pain in the *** to have to try and click a tiny little "-" for a link to a pic, or sometimes there isnt even a little "-" but rather a blank area about the size of a sperm cell you have to try to get your pointer to click on.

3. I click someones name to see their profile, but can no longer see their car or pics of their car and mod lists, etc... just contact info. i think i may just be blind on this one though.

thanks.
1. You can change your subscription settings in the User CP. Click "Do not subscribe to threads"

2. Onnly pictures that are uploaded into this server are thumbnailed. Images that are linked from external sites are not.

3. The registery is still be worked and improved upon. Please be patient (and yes, its been covered about 10 million times now)

Thanks
Jeremy
Old May 18, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crzylizard
1. You can change your subscription settings in the User CP. Click "Do not subscribe to threads"

2. Onnly pictures that are uploaded into this server are thumbnailed. Images that are linked from external sites are not.

3. The registery is still be worked and improved upon. Please be patient (and yes, its been covered about 10 million times now)

Thanks
Jeremy
i thought that's what i posted, but i guess it sounds better from a moderator
Old May 18, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nastea
i thought that's what i posted, but i guess it sounds better from a moderator
Same basic thing Aaron.
Old May 18, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Same complaint. Same questions. Aaron and Jeremy just about summed it up. I don't know how much I can stress it anymore that the registry is being worked on and WILL be back when it's ready.
Old May 18, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

i have another sugestion: when we upload pictures, can't they be displayed in full size like it used to be? i hate clicking on every thumbnail to view the whole thing
Old May 18, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

The method we have now is well suitable. More handy too, considering we can upload 5 pics in one post, instead of before when you were restricted to 1 uploaded picture per post. This method is great IMO, and Mark is favoring it also from what I've seen.
Old May 18, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

I Agree with Lancerevomr the new system works great.

honestly i did not like the new system at first but now I have realized that it makes surfing the board alot easier (ie less scrolling) yea it tends to be a paint to open a new link, but with the new version of the site everything is bigger and more in your face already. no need to have a bunch of big pictures to scroll through
Old May 18, 2004, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by RaleighEVOVIII
I Agree with Lancerevomr the new system works great.

honestly i did not like the new system at first but now I have realized that it makes surfing the board alot easier (ie less scrolling) yea it tends to be a paint to open a new link, but with the new version of the site everything is bigger and more in your face already. no need to have a bunch of big pictures to scroll through

ditto with the thumbnail system...much better than before.

keep up the good work guys!

winston
Old May 18, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i love looking at peoples car where they have there info for mods and stuff i miss that i love looking at peoples hot rides!!!

jeff

my 2 cents
Old May 19, 2004, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

but here is the problem i am having with attachments:

i see a box titled "attached images" then inside instead of seeing a thumbnail, i see a link. and the link is not xxx.jpg. the only thing i see is a "-" which is hard enough to click on. and sometimes, there is nothing there. there is a link, but it is represented as a 'space' so i have to guess where it is and click all over in a certain area till i get it.
Old May 19, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Can you provide us with a screenshot?
Old May 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

How come we can't post a pic twice on the forum anymore. I've had people ask to see pics of certain parts of my car but since they were posted like 6 months ago it won't let me post it again. It says that the pic is already in another thread and won't let me put it in another thread. This is very annoying. Is this going to get fixed also??

Thanks

Adam

Quick Reply: 3 things that really need fixed badly on the new forum: