Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bring some evo buddies with you ^^
Old Dec 3, 2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by scby rex
bring some evo buddies with you ^^

well now it depends on the weather lol
Old Dec 4, 2009, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stevetodd
the boost and afr gauge are easy, the water gauge im not 100 percent sure on. the main thing is do you have the bung welded in your pipe for the afr gauge. as far as charging you, im not going to since your gonna do the work im just gonna show you how
With all of this talk of snow hopefully I'll be able to make the trip to Dallas either tomorrow or Sunday as I really don't have any weekends to waste before heading out to Arizona. To answer your question, no I don't have the bung welded in which means I'll probably just have to have Kevin's crew knock it out for me. This morning I'm going to get my safety done and BR race muffler put on in place of my APS muffler. If anyone knows anyone looking for a quieter muffler please let me know. From there, depending on if the weather allows throughout today I plan to give Caesar a call to get the lowering springs and alignment taken care of. I'm hoping that "Frosty" doesn't make an appearance as that will mess up my plans.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

For those of us needing a safety inspection done, the Quick Lube located on the corner of Rancier and 38th Street is the place to go. Ask for Calvin. He charged (well I rather left) "x" dollars in my seat and he took care of my tint, test pipe, and open-air filter (yes, some type of new Texas law/rule).
Old Dec 4, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Well I just seen the WW Evo that was at Mclouds lot sold. I seen the guy test drive it during my late afternoon lunch. On my way home the guy was driving it on post as a new Evo owner. As the usuall I wave and flash my lights, and yes he was too good to answer.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Levar let me know when you want to get the springs.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
For those of us needing a safety inspection done, the Quick Lube located on the corner of Rancier and 38th Street is the place to go. Ask for Calvin. He charged (well I rather left) "x" dollars in my seat and he took care of my tint, test pipe, and open-air filter (yes, some type of new Texas law/rule).

Never hear of this "rule" just got mine done last month at the suby dealer. I had the GM do it. I had a CEL and airbag light.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Levar let me know when you want to get the springs.
I'd like to get them pretty soon as I really can't base anything on the weekends as I don't know how many I have left before I leave for Arizona. This afternoon we are giving my little niece a party and then the Texas vs. Nebraska game comes on later this evening (priorities...). Can we install the springs in your garage or do we have to go to some kind of autocraft shop? I have two jacks with jack stands here with me that I could bring if we can make this happen. I'm pretty flexible or we can even wait until later next week and we can meet up at Sprokets after you get off work as I'm doing nothing except clearing. For the asking price, I'll give that to you as soon as my travel voucher comes through if that's alright. My number is still the same but the speaker is messed up. If you send me a text I'll call you with Wendy's phone so we can discuss the details.

Never hear of this "rule" just got mine done last month at the suby dealer. I had the GM do it. I had a CEL and airbag light.
Heck, I didn't either and I even told the guy that I've lived in Texas my entire life and have never heard of such a silly rule/law. On 38th and Rancier, ask for Calvin as he squared me away with all the flaws the Mamba had/has.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not cool for that dude not to wave back. he needs to get with the evo brotherhood program. anyway how has everyone been. I will be back next month some time. I cant wait. I am about to order my ets intercooler, and fuel pump, and i will be ready to head up to see kevinD in early feb.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:27 AM

"Heck, I didn't either and I even told the guy that I've lived in Texas my entire life and have never heard of such a silly rule/law. On 38th and Rancier, ask for Calvin as he squared me away with all the flaws the Mamba had/has. "

Got it done already with those problems

No evo guys last night. You guys dont like the cold?

btw anyone going to autox at harris hill tomarrow? Ill be leaving at 430am.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:55 PM

"Heck, I didn't either and I even told the guy that I've lived in Texas my entire life and have never heard of such a silly rule/law. On 38th and Rancier, ask for Calvin as he squared me away with all the flaws the Mamba had/has. "

Got it done already with those problems

btw anyone going to autox at harris hill tomarrow? Ill be leaving at 430am.
i washed the evo up yesterday but it was way too cold to go out there last night
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

i washed the evo up yesterday but it was way too cold to go out there last night
Wuss. Big bear like yourself.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Nope. The cold weather is out of the equation for me. I decided to watch movies with Wendy all night.

After nearly eight months of sitting outside in the Texas elements I washed the Mamba this afternoon and she's looking back to her usual self. I hope to see some of you fellahs around next week. Oh yeah, I promise to wave... I finally got that EBay FMIC on as well and it was a challenge getting that joker to fit correctly. It's still a little uneven but I'll fix that after the tune is finished as I ordered some 45-degree couplers two days ago.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

I didnt make the meet cause I was with friends from out of town.

Levar if you call me from a different # you might have to leave a message, I dont really answer unless I know the number. I will call back as soon as I listen to it, I will be at home this weekend. Weather is going to be sh!tty this Sunday so I will stay home.

We can do the springs when you want, let me know a day ahead so I can all the stuff ready.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I didnt make the meet cause I was with friends from out of town.

Levar if you call me from a different # you might have to leave a message, I dont really answer unless I know the number. I will call back as soon as I listen to it, I will be at home this weekend. Weather is going to be sh!tty this Sunday so I will stay home.

We can do the springs when you want, let me know a day ahead so I can all the stuff ready.
Hey Monkey do you still have your Evo 8 trunk? I was thinkin of maybe buying it.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in