Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soceur77
Sup guys! sorry for the late replies, but had some problems with the MR, the 3 lights u saw lit up on the ACD is a warning indicator, not from the TT. I took the car to automax because the car felt strong but i was getting the death whine. They opend up the TC to find no fluids at all present and the TC burned up! Of course that pissed me off as the car didnt come with a warranty and i just felt they were going to tell me we sold it "as is" while driving it back to the dealer, tc completly gave out....Long story short I told the dealer to repair the damage or give me my money back. So they are going to order a new TC and hydralic pump that is also damaged. They put me back in my celica until the damge is fixed. The cool thing about that is 2 days before i traded the car in, some nut rear ended me, but i never got to claim the damage. So since i have the car back i took it over to get an estimate. Ill be getting a 1700 check in the mail and returning the celica "as is" back to the dealer...LOL Ill end up getting a stage 2 tc from shep
The lot that sold you your car told me that their Mechanic had never seen an Evo before and had no idea how to fix it...that's never a good sign or something you admit to a customer.

A new OEM ACD Transfer case runs about $3200 so Automax's estimate was more or less correct but still a bit high.

I need to have my Trans Case (w/o ACD) rebuilt or find a used one for an 8GSR soon
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
The lot that sold you your car told me that their Mechanic had never seen an Evo before and had no idea how to fix it...that's never a good sign or something you admit to a customer.

A new OEM ACD Transfer case runs about $3200 so Automax's estimate was more or less correct but still a bit high.

I need to have my Trans Case (w/o ACD) rebuilt or find a used one for an 8GSR soon
I knew something was up when the mechanic (chris) asked if it was ok if auto max did the warranty work once they got the parts ordered....Why would the dealer send me somewhere that will cost them more money........Anyway other then the downtime in my MR it gave me the perfect chance to recoupe some gauges and stuff from my celica along with 1700 dollars..long story (steve i know you hating...lol) and Im going to order my stg 2 TC with REM process direct from Mr Shep as he has brand new TC's for less the sells them

Last edited by soceur77; Feb 19, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:51 PM

Alright weather permitting see everyone tommorrow.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
I will let everyone know when I am ready to take it out. I am getting a 5 speed from MR. Sheperd himself. I will be taking my 6 speed out and putting the 5 speed in the same day, this way it is a one day event and not a continued one. I will post up when I receive it in the mail. Thanks for all the helping hands...
post up when you're ready. i've got my custom made axle shaft puller (like on evomoto) that will help bigtime. worked perfectly when i did my front LSD install. i would have had it done easily in one day but i spent 3 hours getting my downpipe off lol. damn chewed up stud. had to take the o2 housing off with the dp and cut the bolt off. :/

if you wanny buy/make your own, i've got the tap and a few extra studs that will thread into the shaft to so you don't have to hunt...
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by gravvyboy

http://www.sheptrans.com/transcase/evo.htm
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you interested in doing something during the day, there will be a big meet on Saturday. Long Branch Park is off Rancier near Automax Ford (1/2 mi north from there).

Killeen Honda Meet

When: February 28th @ 2pm

Where: Longbranch park

Rules: no burnouts, loud music, racing in front of the meet, speeding in lot, excessive engine revving.

Come on out and take a look at wat the centex area has to offer in the Honda game. This will be posted on Waco, and Austin forums as well so tell others by word of mouth so we can have a good turnout.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, installed my Perrin exhaust at the autocraft center last night. That downpipe was a PITA to get those spring bolts off. Even with universal joints it was difficult. THEN I have a message from Cobb that their dyno broke so I can go and get my tune today. So I have to reschedule again.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:04 AM

That reminds me. I have to take my car into Sprockets to finish installing my Oil Temp gauge...
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
For those of you interested in doing something during the day, there will be a big meet on Saturday. Long Branch Park is off Rancier near Automax Ford (1/2 mi north from there).
What time, is it still going on, the weather is sh**ty today.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
post up when you're ready. i've got my custom made axle shaft puller (like on evomoto) that will help bigtime. worked perfectly when i did my front LSD install. i would have had it done easily in one day but i spent 3 hours getting my downpipe off lol. damn chewed up stud. had to take the o2 housing off with the dp and cut the bolt off. :/

if you wanny buy/make your own, i've got the tap and a few extra studs that will thread into the shaft to so you don't have to hunt...
Anything to help get it off easy would be great, I am waiting to see if Automax will cover it. Went back over there again with the SEMA paper work and The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. When they saw that they said they were willling to fix it. I still most likely convert to 5-speed, I will post when I would like to do it.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
What time, is it still going on, the weather is sh**ty today.

This event doesnt take place until saturday the 28th...so next week
Old Feb 21, 2009, 02:02 PM

nice show of evos last night!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 02:05 PM

nice show of evos last night!
Man I must have missed it, I was there from 9:15 -10:00 and there were like 5. Although I guess that's not bad now that I think about it.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 02:06 PM

Don't think I'm rolling out tonite though supposed to be cold.....I hate cold......a lot.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

We've managed 10 in the past. I had baby duty last night so I couldn't be there.

I'm with frontskill, cold = bad.

BTW - the subaru guys meet on thursdays at 8:30pm.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in