Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soceur77
Sup guys/girls just wanted to say hi. Just got in from Korea, sold my Turbo celica GTS and picked up a 05 Evo8 MR, really excited to meet you guys. Anything going on today Sunday 15th?
Whats up! We met this morning at Automax, just welcoming you again to the Evo world. I really like your car...........
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowEvilEvo
Yeah, Can't wait to get there and take it for a spin again. My brother has a 97 GSX Spyder he's finishing the build on. He should have it done by the time I get there. We'll take that one out and break it in too.
nice. i have a 95 gsx sitting at home in california. next to it is a b&b 2.3 longblock ready to drop in. i think my fp28 is gonna be to small heh. i miss dsm's lol. i remember seeing the first 400hp gsx spyder back home a long time ago...the white one that started it all lol.

good luck. get home safe.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
The Car Lot says that they bought it at auction in florida. Overall it needs some work to get it running properly but it did sound and look a little better than the LY that was also sitting on the lot. As long as he invests some money into it and didn't simply buy it for the HUGE BOV that was on it he's set.

I've received quite a few compliments where people have actually followed me to a parking spot just to say "nice car." This happen to anyone else around this area?
Sup guys! sorry for the late replies, but had some problems with the MR, the 3 lights u saw lit up on the ACD is a warning indicator, not from the TT. I took the car to automax because the car felt strong but i was getting the death whine. They opend up the TC to find no fluids at all present and the TC burned up! Of course that pissed me off as the car didnt come with a warranty and i just felt they were going to tell me we sold it "as is" while driving it back to the dealer, tc completly gave out....Long story short I told the dealer to repair the damage or give me my money back. So they are going to order a new TC and hydralic pump that is also damaged. They put me back in my celica until the damge is fixed. The cool thing about that is 2 days before i traded the car in, some nut rear ended me, but i never got to claim the damage. So since i have the car back i took it over to get an estimate. Ill be getting a 1700 check in the mail and returning the celica "as is" back to the dealer...LOL Ill end up getting a stage 2 tc from shep
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Whats up! We met this morning at Automax, just welcoming you again to the Evo world. I really like your car...........
Hey brother, yea man your car was hella nice, the rims were Automax wanted to charge me 5400 just in parts to fix the car....... give me a call friday before the meet. Ill either roll in my celica or with scubby steve:P
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
If this is the same EVO and you have a spare second, I'd like to take some better pictures to make sure that I completely understand the set up..
Sure man if u want friday we can roll down to where its at i have a spare key and u can check it out.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 04:33 PM

I guess if i'm not out of town this weekend for funeral detail I'm up for a meet this friday!
scooby time!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Glad automax is taking care of it. If they sold you a car with no fluid that means there prep people did not properly inspect and service the car.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:21 PM

Last edited by soceur77; Feb 26, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Well guys I need help I will be doing a tranny swap and putting a 5 speed in my MR. I need someone to help me take my old one out or take it out for me. Automax faxed my VIN to Mits so they can void all warranty left on my car. I had a dealer back home that would hook me up.

Last edited by monkey_187; Feb 26, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
STeve if you go ill roll with you or monkey if either of you go.
If my car is still in one piece I will go!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:34 PM

depending on when you decide to take out the tranny, ill throw a helping hand.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Automax is too much by the book. You might be flagged, but the warranty won't be completely voided. If your power window goes out, it would still be covered since the tranny is unrelated.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:09 AM

Panty raid in the evo forum....

La La La.....La La La.......

Just kidding!!!!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkey_187
Well guys I need help I will be doing a tranny swap and putting a 5 speed in my MR. I need someone to help me take my old one out or take it out for me. F**K Automax they screwed me over big time! They faxed my VIN to Mits so they can void all warranty left on my car. I had a dealer back home that would hook me up. F**K Automax!
hey, I'm willing to assist too. I'm actually thinking of swapping my 5spd for the MR. haven't made a final decision yet, but wouldn't mind assisting. just let me know when and where!!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

I will let everyone know when I am ready to take it out. I am getting a 5 speed from MR. Sheperd himself. I will be taking my 6 speed out and putting the 5 speed in the same day, this way it is a one day event and not a continued one. I will post up when I receive it in the mail. Thanks for all the helping hands...

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in