Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Evos in Texas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am a certified state inspector and have passed many evos including my own (catless) all you need is a CEL fix and it wont throw any emission codes.. and i do have to look at your tires, window tint, (your not supposed to have a certian amount of modifications but thats a judgement call) check your exhaust for exhaust leaks... which i never really understood, nor do i check. but if your a friend of mine its very easy to overlook certain things
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by booster9
i am a certified state inspector and have passed many evos including my own (catless) all you need is a CEL fix and it wont throw any emission codes.. and i do have to look at your tires, window tint, (your not supposed to have a certian amount of modifications but thats a judgement call) check your exhaust for exhaust leaks... which i never really understood, nor do i check. but if your a friend of mine its very easy to overlook certain things
haha how much is a inspection josh?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

39.75! pretty expensive ugly sticker huh..
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

39.75! pretty expensive ugly sticker huh..
sweet ill be going to you in acouple of months
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea.. its just a three day weekend though.. u should try to make it out. I will be going for sure once im only 4 hours away! Peter Blach organizes it.. he is on this forum but he told me he doesnt check it as much...

are there any other girls with evos that everyone else knows about in the Texas area? I heave heard there are a few girls w some fast ones down there...
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:08 AM

so are you taking applications for a new best friend?

I think i may have to come to u for my inspections!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by EVOgirlie8
bwahahah.. oh man exciting.....

So do you guys do weekly or monthly meets? Up here we dont see our evo community for 4 months during the winter.. he AWD is fun in the snow, dont get me wrong, but most people store their cars for months

any other warnings / suggestions about the great state of TX?
NTEC never takes a break. We have meets all the time and are going to be getting even busier with the spring/summer knocking on the door. I keep telling people that the DFW area has a great car scene. Take a look at the calendar and you will see for yourself. Almost every weekend there is some type of AutoX/track day.

Come on Danny Lancerguy03 ain't that bad.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shimanchu
Come on Danny Lancerguy03 ain't that bad.
hahahahaha
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

You'll Love Texas if you like evo events, we are a very active community and passionate about our cars, and functions (if you haven't noticed by the current battle in the south forum haha)

We have a great group of people here, and oh yeah, get your car race preped because there are several track events coming up out at Motor Sports Ranch, a 1.7 or a 3.1mile road course in fort worth!! Its a blast!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:49 AM

oh man im going to have to get a daily planner just for car events! ha ha ha ...

god to know...

where is this events calendar you speak of? I am used to using a local MI forum and it is much smalled EvoM has SOOO much, it's hard keeping up!

i am all about track days.. im used to quarter mile tracks but i did race on the autobahn country club in Joliet IL...

my friend works for Katech, and the company rented the track for a weekend for all of their corvette customers.. but i went also... it was the coolest thing i have ever done with my car.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

you run your car in a 1/4th? sick what were the times?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:53 AM

in the white evo a 12.4... i havent tracked the silver one yet, but i raced my friend who runs mid 11's and was door to door with him the whole time... so i would put my silver one in the mid 11 range...

do you guys 1/4 mile your cars?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:57 AM

here ... ill add some pics that i have at the moment :

this is the car going through Tech inspection :

me and one of the instructors :

those are some track pics...
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of us do go to the 1/4 mile. Around the Dallas area there are a couple 1/8 mile tracks, one established 1/4 (Ennis) and one new 1/4 mile opening in a month or two.

We also have two great road courses (Motorsport Ranch - Cresson & Eagles Canyon). Within a 4-5 hour drive there are quite a few more road courses: TWS, MSR-H, Hallet, Harris Hill and a couple others that I'm forgetting.

We also have a VERY busy autocross, drift, and time trials schedule.

Basically, if you have the funds and desire you can be racing your car, in a sanctioned event, every weekend.

We don't have a calendar here on EvoM. It's one of the things that's stirring the pot these days.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by EVOgirlie8
here ... ill add some pics that i have at the moment :

this is the car going through Tech inspection :

me and one of the instructors :

those are some track pics...
I find the lack of "other Evos" in those pics disturbing. (Not saying your Evo isn't cool) Just saying that most of track days are Evo dominated around here.