Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

stock evo beat a twin turo g35

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, let me preach a little bit. Street racing isn't cool no matter how you look at it. Take it to a local track and do it there so nobody gets hurt.

Now back to your regular station. Considering we don't know the full details of the race, it's kinda dumb to say a stock EVO can beat a TT G35. It's been raining here for a couple days now pretty hard off and on so I'm curious what the road conditions were like. As everybody knows an EVO will walk just about anything with power and rwd in the rain.

Was this from a dig or roll?

As stated above, the APS TT kit produces around 400whp @7.5 psi so the TT G35 should have walked a STOCK EVO. Even from a dig with a crappy launch it should make up ground fairly quick unless the driver can't drive worth a lick.

If driver ability won this race than thats one hell of a kill. That G driver sucks bad!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
yeh, they only boost like 9psi or something. Weak sauce.

They need to do some forge internal work with the alcohol injector and boost up like 40 psi.

then that would be something to look forward to.
Since when does a 3.5L 6cyl need to boost to 40psi? And how is 400rwhp @ only 7.5 psi WEAK SAUCE. Some of the comments on here are really ****en stupid.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

the only way that evo can beat the TT G35 is to race from 0-40mph.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
Since when does a 3.5L 6cyl need to boost to 40psi? And how is 400rwhp @ only 7.5 psi WEAK SAUCE. Some of the comments on here are really ****en stupid.
YOu know why its weaksauce?!?!?!

BECAUSE IF YOU BOOST ANYMORE THEN ENGINE WILL BLOW!!!!!!!

9PSI is a lot for that POS ENGINE!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

If you boost more than that on most NA engines it will crack a piston landing. 9 PSI is the norm without upgrading internals. It is far from weak though. I would love to get 400whp from only 9 PSI but as we know our small engines wont do it.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Are they going to be there this sunday? I wanna go check it out.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:17 AM

hey the g35 was running like 9 or 10 psi i talked to the guy and he also gave me a ride in the car. aps twin turbo kits come with everything and when you put them on the car they are already tuned you cant mess with it. the are only like two companies in the US that can tune the car. The dude in the 350 was talking a lot of junk but the g35 whipped his ***. mad props the g35 was clean. black car black wheels and a silver lip. black brembro brake system. but weak when racing. the gears suck from first to fourth there to short. the evo also had four people in the car. it was only one in the g35.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:18 AM

Thumbs up

and we do have witnesses that saw the whole think we pulled like three times.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:21 AM

you the ground was dry and if you know so much come to 138 and see for you self because we are there every sunday and mad people saw what happened.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:24 AM

turst me if you would have seen the race between the 350 and the g35 it was crap it was like watch two b16 swaps race.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:26 PM

You guys have to be kidding me..

That TT G35 is mine, if you're talking about the red evo when we were heading back to ingles.. you actually call that a race? I wasn't even at WOT and was hitting maybe 5psi, peak I'm pushing 10psi. If the guy was racing then stock Evo's are a lot slower than I thought.. then again he had a car full of people.

Yes I work at Bellsouth and I'm real familiar with highway 138, I'm not stupid enough to run full throttle down that street at night knowing cops are down there on a regular basis. Actually I was about to race the Evo on clark howell but saw everyone leaving so I figured cops had come.

I'll put it like this, anyone with a stock evo that feels they can run an "unimpressive" TT G35 or 350Z please step up to the plate, I'll run from a dig if you want.

I have raced one modified Evo since getting my turbo kit and lost, but that would be ct9a gsr's.. totally different from a stock Evo. Understand that I'm not here to bash anyone or evo's period, I just want to set the story straight.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tonio

I have raced one modified Evo since getting my turbo kit and lost, but that would be ct9a gsr's.. totally different from a stock Evo.
all evo's are ct9a wether it be rs, gsr or mr unless your speaking of a persons username on the board

Last edited by escoson; Jun 8, 2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tonio
You guys have to be kidding me..

That TT G35 is mine, if you're talking about the red evo when we were heading back to ingles.. you actually call that a race? I wasn't even at WOT and was hitting maybe 5psi, peak I'm pushing 10psi. If the guy was racing then stock Evo's are a lot slower than I thought.. then again he had a car full of people.

Yes I work at Bellsouth and I'm real familiar with highway 138, I'm not stupid enough to run full throttle down that street at night knowing cops are down there on a regular basis. Actually I was about to race the Evo on clark howell but saw everyone leaving so I figured cops had come.

I'll put it like this, anyone with a stock evo that feels they can run an "unimpressive" TT G35 or 350Z please step up to the plate, I'll run from a dig if you want.

I have raced one modified Evo since getting my turbo kit and lost, but that would be ct9a gsr's.. totally different from a stock Evo. Understand that I'm not here to bash anyone or evo's period, I just want to set the story straight.

Tell you what. I have a stock MR, but I wouldn't race you

a) because I try not to race on the street and
b) because you'd win (no contest IMHO)

Don't listen to some of the stuff on these boards. It's not always true.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:40 PM

ok then i'm just asking someone to prove it. If the weather is good I'll be there on sunday night
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Tell you what. I have a stock MR, but I wouldn't race you

a) because I try not to race on the street and
b) because you'd win (no contest IMHO)

Don't listen to some of the stuff on these boards. It's not always true.

Its cool, I'll be at tunerfest at commerce on the 18th but I'll be more concerned with running 11's than racing.

Quick Reply: stock evo beat a twin turo g35