Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Local Gas Question - East Central FL.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Local Gas Question - East Central FL.

Trying to remember which, if any of the major stations normally carries higher than 93-94 octane, so i can search and find a location thats close.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do mean East Central? There's 100 oct. at Circle K on Big Tree and Nova, $4.99gl. Also 104 unleaded and 114 leaded at Shell on Ridgewood and Big Tree. All in Daytona Beach. Do you live in the area?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

little farther south, but it's good to know they have it up there, if i'm ever headed north to an event.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 05:57 PM

Do you work for Pepsi out of Melbourne? Hence the user name. What type of events do you run?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twistedtodd
Do you work for Pepsi out of Melbourne? Hence the user name. What type of events do you run?
hahaha, no. no relation at all to pepsi, username goes quite a ways back.

I'm in Ft. Pierce/Vero area, runnin sebring again tomorrow, was signed up for homestead and moroso's road courses, but hurricanes and such shortened my season this year.

You into any road course, auto x or anything like that?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
hahaha, no. no relation at all to pepsi, username goes quite a ways back.

I'm in Ft. Pierce/Vero area, runnin sebring again tomorrow, was signed up for homestead and moroso's road courses, but hurricanes and such shortened my season this year.

You into any road course, auto x or anything like that?
When you say shortened season are you running SCCA or Chin events? I've done two SEAT-TIME events at Roebling road. Would like to do more next year, just picked up a trailer. AS champ Central Florida region SCCA 2004. ESP champ in 2005. 3rd at state championship in SM against two national drivers. My car is way under prepared for ESP let alone SM.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:03 AM

There is 114 at a shell or hess on highway 50 near goldenrod rd. in orlando
Old Nov 19, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

When you say shortened season are you running SCCA or Chin events? I've done two SEAT-TIME events at Roebling road. Would like to do more next year, just picked up a trailer. AS champ Central Florida region SCCA 2004. ESP champ in 2005. 3rd at state championship in SM against two national drivers. My car is way under prepared for ESP let alone SM.
chin.

i don't know the specs on the classes, but i'm 100% i would be in the free-for all.

Just using it to go have some fun, nothing competitive.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 06:39 PM

What tire and brake pad do you use for chin? Once you do track events, auto-x seems like disappointment. Might try to make the sebring event in January. Is the short course any fun?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

What tire and brake pad do you use for chin? Once you do track events, auto-x seems like disappointment. Might try to make the sebring event in January. Is the short course any fun?
I've never auto-x'd.

I'm from up north, where gingerman was my "home" track. 11 turn, 1.9 mile course, ran it 2-3 times in my rsx, and another few times when i got the evo, Not a bad track, but it's a short track, so it's harder on the brakes/tires.

I've never run the short track at sebring, i was actually asking many people their opinion on it when i was out there yesterday. They like it, but it's considerably harder on brakes/tires.

I ran sebring in june on stock tires/brakes, and they never really got "THAT" hot, didn't get any fade, etc, but it was a first time there, and i wasn't overly pushing it down the straights (115 or so i'd let off and point by).

Yesterday, i ran endless ccr's, with a stock replacement rotor setup (rotorpro's). And ran toyo ra-1's. The car was a completely different machine. Simply amazing. With Chin, you're a noob, and have an instructor til you're signed off. I went into today thinking they might, but no real expectations, but the car was so smooth to drive, that it made it like cake to drive.

You know the plastered smile you get after you've run a session, that was awesome, you were running down people like it was nobody's business, and everything worked great? I've still got that grin today

Sorry for the 9 mile post, but as far as mods, right now i'm setup with injen intake/fmic, original forge bov(HAS to be replaced), and 3" turboback. Running Utec on stock settings,and turned the boost down to 17 lbs yesterday just for safety margin, and still it was amazing running down everyone i did. What was more amazing was the difference in feel. I knew i had more brake power left, and tire grip, but i was hitting my points perfectly 85% of the time, and i can only credit that to more seat time, and DEFINATLY the tires/brakes.

Old Nov 20, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

also, i plan on running the short course in jan.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:46 AM

Glad you had a good time yesterday. Not sure which pads I'll run. Tires are A032r's for the track. V710 for auto-x. Have a connection for Grand AM CUP Hoosiers, fronts off a Porsche. $200 a set. Might try once to see what kind of wear I can get.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

gotcha, if you end up signin up, let me know. And good luck with the tires...
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

If you're still looking for gas, there's a few local stations with 110 leaded. I've heard that the Sunoco off of Gatlin has 110 leaded, and I know for sure that the old Speedway (it's now something else) in Stuart on the corner of Old Dixie and Indian Street has CAM2 110 leaded. I used to run tankful after tankful from there and oddly enough never encountered any o2 sensor problems.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

gotcha, i just need to find a reliable source of 100 or so for track days, other than the tracks themselves, whether i have to invest in a drum or whatnot, just gotta do it.