Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Augusta/Ft Gordon area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
Any of ya'll have a boost controller, I am thinking about going from my ecm controlled boost to a profec b w/ high and low boost settings.

So i can get into the damn 11's
Ive got a used AVC-R out of my friends Supra that he crashed.... Unfortunately I only have the unit and not all the **** that goes with it so I need to call Apex to get the rest. Thats another one of the things that STIkiller.com is gonna do when they put the cams in and do some tuning.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwhet5483
Ive got a used AVC-R out of my friends Supra that he crashed.... Unfortunately I only have the unit and not all the **** that goes with it so I need to call Apex to get the rest. Thats another one of the things that STIkiller.com is gonna do when they put the cams in and do some tuning.
avc-r too damn technical, that isn't something for an evo. I think I'm going to get a greddy profec

as for the cams, I second that. I am getting some stage 1 gsc cams in the next few months. March probably.

I am still waiting and watching threads of gains.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:54 PM

Yea I havent seen many with the AVC-R installed. Greg @ GSC said that the install should be simple and that it would make an excellent EBC. I guess people dont use them much cause they cost alot. I got mine for only $200, since Kenny wrecked his 2JZ monster
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I havent seen many with the AVC-R installed. Greg @ GSC said that the install should be simple and that it would make an excellent EBC. I guess people dont use them much cause they cost alot. I got mine for only $200, since Kenny wrecked his 2JZ monster
since you guys have some more friends around here with cars we should get everyone together and go riding. we have to get out and go for a drive sometime.
on a side not, i am getting a little jealous/nervous with all these planned mods you guys have. soon there will be no hope for my little 8
not real sure if you guys are aware, but here is another site http://*********************/ my name is the same on there as it is here.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:31 PM

Well on tuesday night there is a band playing at Wild Wings called New London. I know one of the guys and they are pretty cool if you like 90s rock and some new stuff. I'm down to get together there if yall want on Tuesday. Unfortunately we just got payed and I'm already on a cup noodle budget..... Damn Evo!! :P If you guys can't make that I'm down to ride up to Jackson together sometime this week or next weekend.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Well on tuesday night there is a band playing at Wild Wings called New London. I know one of the guys and they are pretty cool if you like 90s rock and some new stuff. I'm down to get together there if yall want on Tuesday. Unfortunately we just got payed and I'm already on a cup noodle budget..... Damn Evo!! :P If you guys can't make that I'm down to ride up to Jackson together sometime this week or next weekend.
Its funny you mention cup of noodle, cuz I saw your evo at aug mits, and was like whoever buys that will be raped.

I remember when i bought my evo, i went to aug mits first, they had a 40K price tag to bring what I wanted in...

My sticker was 36K,

I bought mine out the door for 32,100 and then 10K down. so I walked out of there with a 398$ car payment...........

Anyways, yes I'm down whenever we definitely need to go riding...........

As for 9's being faster than 8's,,,,,,,,, not really. your car is bad *** man.

oh and that link is not working.. its like ************'s or something
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:54 PM

yea i did get it from aug mits but i didnt get raped to bad. i had a brand new rsx type-s i traded in for it. from what i was told my car had been sitting there since june so i got it for like 35k... honestly i dont really give a ****.... these cars are worth so much more than thier price tags performance and fun factor wise. The thing thats really kicking my *** is me always buying new parts :P
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
Its funny you mention cup of noodle, cuz I saw your evo at aug mits, and was like whoever buys that will be raped.

I remember when i bought my evo, i went to aug mits first, they had a 40K price tag to bring what I wanted in...

My sticker was 36K,

I bought mine out the door for 32,100 and then 10K down. so I walked out of there with a 398$ car payment...........

Anyways, yes I'm down whenever we definitely need to go riding...........

As for 9's being faster than 8's,,,,,,,,, not really. your car is bad *** man.

oh and that link is not working.. its like ************'s or something
yeah but, if you guys had as much money in your cars as i do in mine it would be no contest. the IX's make crazy horsepower w/ minimal mods. damn mivec
i would like to roll out on thursday to sonic and then ride on up to Jackson. we can meet at the Sonic out of gate 1, if you guys are single there are some cute girls that work there. then we can roll to jackson. what time do you guys get off work?
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

yea i did get it from aug mits but i didnt get raped to bad. i had a brand new rsx type-s i traded in for it. from what i was told my car had been sitting there since june so i got it for like 35k... honestly i dont really give a ****.... these cars are worth so much more than thier price tags performance and fun factor wise. The thing thats really kicking my *** is me always buying new parts :P
since we are on the subject, i got mine back in may of last year from a guy in idaho w/ 10,500 on the clock, and not a damn thing wrong with it. it already had a good bit of work done to it, about $3500, and i paid him 22,500 for the car and 500 for shipping. i could easily turn around and sell it for 24-25000, and get a IX, but it holds a special place in my heart. i say this as my seat bolsters have started ****ing up, the clear coat on the spoiler is starting to show wear, and the clear coat on my calipers is starting to crack. GO
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:04 PM

yea that sounds good for me on thursday. my unit has a hardon for doing pt on thursday afternoon so i should be done by like 1530 or 1630 depends on who is giving pt.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

of course depending on rain or what not.

I usually get off around 1500, but it really don't matter.

oh and its not necessarily the mivec, the main reason we have more horsepower is our compressor housing is a little larger so we are getting more cfm's .. Thats where the 20+hp is coming from.

You changed your exhaust side, so just buy yourself a evo ix turbo and sell yours that would be good for 20+ and they are going for around 500$
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:57 AM

30% chance of rain on thursday... lets hope that blows by us all :/
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

guess we will see. At least we are having a mild winter so far..........
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:44 PM

Ive got 2 friends that are gonna ride up with me and hang out. Another has a 93 RX7 and will prob come up in his car and run it some.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ive got 2 friends that are gonna ride up with me and hang out. Another has a 93 RX7 and will prob come up in his car and run it some.

it is going to be me and my gf, she will be driving my other lancer

Quick Reply: Augusta/Ft Gordon area