Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Augusta/Ft Gordon area

 
Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Augusta/Ft Gordon area

I am new to the area, again, and I was wondering what all is going on around here? Any meets? Local strips? Shops? anything really.
joseph k is offline  
Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:35 PM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down in Augusta sometimes. The closest drag strip is over in South Caronlina south of North Augusta near SRS. It's a nice strip, I've run at it a couple of times.

http://www.carolinadragway.com/

Take a look.
Event-Horizon is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:49 PM
  #3  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else in or around Augusta? I saw what looked to me, from a distance, like a GG MR not sure on the year, but it was on FT Gordon parked at Darling Hall.
joseph k is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:50 PM
  #4  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
I'm down in Augusta sometimes. The closest drag strip is over in South Caronlina south of North Augusta near SRS. It's a nice strip, I've run at it a couple of times.

http://www.carolinadragway.com/

Take a look.
Are you going to Kershaw this coming up weekend?
joseph k is offline  
Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:49 PM
  #5  
Newbie
iTrader: (1)
 
dankvw420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: havertown, pa
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to be moving down there first week in August so I would like to knoe as well.
dankvw420 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:36 PM
  #6  
Account Disabled
iTrader: (19)
 
akunochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle.
Posts: 477
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm stationed at Ft. Stewart and of course you know NOPI is in Savannah. They have a great shop down there. Also Top Speed is in ATL. I know it is a little bit of a drive to both, but hell road trips are fun.
akunochi is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:15 PM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (11)
 
FastAzzEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently trying to buy an evo and am stationed on fort gordon. The MR you speak of is probably a ANCOC student. I saw the car today. Very nice, looks stock.

However,

Anyone from augusta try to have any dealings with augusta mitsubishi.

They are trying to rob me.

40k for a ix w/ssl they want 36K for the car 2500 fair market value, and 1500 to ship from other dealer, and bunch of other crap.

The worse part about it is I'm approved and have a bank check from my bank for up to 50K. I'm not even financing through them. They suck.

They won't even tell me where the car is located that I want.

Its hard to find a car in the first place and now they are trying to screw me.
FastAzzEvo is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:22 AM
  #8  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check out san miguel or something like that, they are in SO CAL and will ship anywhere. i went to the Mitsu place here and first of all they didn't know they had diaqueen fluids, second of all they were going to charge me 80 bucks just to change the transmission. I laughed and asked if he was serious and he said yes. so now i have my safety card for the auto crafts place hahahahaha losers. if you see me around post just flag me down, i shouldnt be that hard to spot.
joseph k is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:20 AM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (11)
 
FastAzzEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph k
check out san miguel or something like that, they are in SO CAL and will ship anywhere. i went to the Mitsu place here and first of all they didn't know they had diaqueen fluids, second of all they were going to charge me 80 bucks just to change the transmission. I laughed and asked if he was serious and he said yes. so now i have my safety card for the auto crafts place hahahahaha losers. if you see me around post just flag me down, i shouldnt be that hard to spot.
I think i see your car everyday. parked near the job place ?
FastAzzEvo is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:31 AM
  #10  
Newbie
 
GeorgiaBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Drum
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
I am currently trying to buy an evo and am stationed on fort gordon. The MR you speak of is probably a ANCOC student. I saw the car today. Very nice, looks stock.

However,

Anyone from augusta try to have any dealings with augusta mitsubishi.

They are trying to rob me.

40k for a ix w/ssl they want 36K for the car 2500 fair market value, and 1500 to ship from other dealer, and bunch of other crap.

The worse part about it is I'm approved and have a bank check from my bank for up to 50K. I'm not even financing through them. They suck.

They won't even tell me where the car is located that I want.

Its hard to find a car in the first place and now they are trying to screw me.
Try Rick Case in ATL. I got my MR for the same price you are paying for a reg IX. PM me if you are interested.
GeorgiaBoy is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:39 AM
  #11  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (11)
 
FastAzzEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Try Rick Case in ATL. I got my MR for the same price you are paying for a reg IX. PM me if you are interested.
I actually am calling them today. I think they have a white one in stock. Not sure what model it is though.
FastAzzEvo is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
  #12  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
I think i see your car everyday. parked near the job place ?

What is the job place? As far as I know it is the only yellow one around here. There is a red on, GG, BBY, and I think maybe a black one. That is all I have seen in this area and all of those were on post except the blue one.

Last edited by joseph k; Jul 26, 2006 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fv
joseph k is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:36 PM
  #13  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (11)
 
FastAzzEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 755
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph k
What is the job place? As far as I know it is the only yellow one around here. There is a red on, GG, BBY, and I think maybe a black one. That is all I have seen in this area and all of those were on post except the blue one.

across from darling hall, the parking lot between the shortcut to the hospital.
FastAzzEvo is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
  #14  
Newbie
 
jwhet5483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Augusta(Fort Gordon), GA
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I hate to bump such an old thread but are you guys still in the Augusta/Ft Gordon area? I just moved here in October and picked up my Evo a few weeks ago. I've seen 2 Evos so far on post one was yellow and the other red. Anyways I'm driving a Black IX MR so if you see me flag me down :P
jwhet5483 is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
  #15  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
joseph k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Meesuhsipeee
Posts: 932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, i am still here. i have the yellow one. i am sure i will see you around.
joseph k is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Augusta/Ft Gordon area


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.