Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Augusta/Ft Gordon area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwhet5483
Yeah the waits are really bad if you don't get there early.

On the best run the 60 ft was 1.975

Seems as though I have a nasty exhaust leak.. It sounds like crap. I think I might have blown that downpipe exhaust gasket.
yeah get that 60ft down and you will be golden.

exhaust leak....

The donut gasket? or the gasket from the downpipe to the testpipe.

Since you have had the exhaust on awhile, I would put it up on a lift and just check out the bolts, retorque everything with a torque wrench..... might not be tight enough or something.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:42 PM

I think its the donut one. The sound seems to be more around the engine bay itself than where the test pipe is. Im having the shop that put it on take a look at it on monday
Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

I think its the donut one. The sound seems to be more around the engine bay itself than where the test pipe is. Im having the shop that put it on take a look at it on monday
next time, do it yourself. You have plenty of people for help like that

Well, unless it was a cheap install
Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:35 PM

heh yea it didnt cost much at all. I just gotta go do that stupid class so i can use the lifts on post.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:46 AM

turns out the donut gasket isnt tall enough or something like that... now i gotta find one that is.

edit: Found one :P I called TurboXS they are sending me one for free so def happy about that. Now I just gotta wait on the damn unit mail room

Last edited by jwhet5483; Jan 22, 2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

ah,

So your downpipe must not fit a stock 02 housing.... Or they damaged your donut gasket when they installed it.

Mine fit perfectly. Good luck getting that , are they going to install it for free?

Might go to the track this saturday if its nice. ya'll down?

I'm going to bring the camcorder.........
Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
ah,

So your downpipe must not fit a stock 02 housing.... Or they damaged your donut gasket when they installed it.

Mine fit perfectly. Good luck getting that , are they going to install it for free?

Might go to the track this saturday if its nice. ya'll down?

I'm going to bring the camcorder.........
Well from what the guy said at TurboXS there should have been another donut gasket included in the package with the DP but there wasnt so they are sending me the right one for free. The shop will put in on for free as well. Umm I'm down for Sat so far I dont see why not. I might even go thursday as well if some friends of mine wanna go to.

Well I finally got the check from Honda. It really could have came at a better time cause the taxes come back on the 2nd of Feb and the hold gets lifted off hondas check on the 29th or this month. So that gives me around $2800 to play with . Now I just gotta figure out what I want for sure.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Well from what the guy said at TurboXS there should have been another donut gasket included in the package with the DP but there wasnt so they are sending me the right one for free. The shop will put in on for free as well. Umm I'm down for Sat so far I dont see why not. I might even go thursday as well if some friends of mine wanna go to.

Well I finally got the check from Honda. It really could have came at a better time cause the taxes come back on the 2nd of Feb and the hold gets lifted off hondas check on the 29th or this month. So that gives me around $2800 to play with . Now I just gotta figure out what I want for sure.
I would bank that, and get a mail-in flash and get that boost controller in. See how you like that then go from there. Keep 1500$ in savings for that time you need a clutch

I am waiting for some more def info on cam dynos and feedback, as well as info on other vendors before I definitely decide on GSC. However, I need the cams by Mid May.

I'm just goign to get the boost controller, logging software and equipment (zt-2), pocketlogger, and I just bought a palm pda for logging for 40$ on ebay

For example, My fastest time has been 12.3, but my normal is 12.5-12.7 this is on 20psi computer controlled boost, and I can't prove it, but a very very conservative a/f ratio.

If I through on a boost controller, race gas, and raise the boost, I'm sure I can hit high 11's..

I think I'll be more than happy with that.

As for the street. I mean I haven't raced many folks, but I did race a 6.0 Goat w/catback and headers, and had a few cars on him.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:57 AM

You guys up for Wild Wings tonight?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

can't tonight, going to a birthday get together......
Old Jan 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not tonight, maybe hit the track on thursday or sat
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:22 AM

Im def going to the track on thursday with some friends from work.... they want to get away from the wives and come up and have some fun so if you wanna ride up together let me know.

On a side note... Ive done alot of reading about our cars and how the VTA setup for a BOV makes the car idle poorly, etc, etc.... So being the hard headed and very bored person that I am I set out to setup my greddy rs BOV that has been sitting in my room now for awhile to VTA. Well after fumbling around the engine for a little bit and looking at what I had to work with I went ***** deep into it and removed the stock bov and attached the greddy one VTA style. Then proceeded to crank the car up and listen to the sweet sounds of vta.... or not so sweet sounds of my engine trying despreately to run correctly. This being that outcome that I had anticipated I got back in the engine compartment and started to take it out when I noticed that I hadn't done anything with the recirculating hose that runs to out intercooler pipe that goes to the intake manifold... I looked around for something to try and cap it off with but didnt have anything so I got in the trusty hybrid civic and headed to autozone. They didnt have anything big enough to cap it so it was on to lowes plumbing department. Boom! there it was a 2 1/2" rubber pipe flange cap. Getting back to the house I put that bad boy on and made sure everything was tight. Cranked the car up and no stutters no bad idle nothing it ran like brand new. So I took a little drive around the parking lot and out the street being really gentle and not giving the motor hell as usual. Everything was fine. As of lunch today there is no boost leak no engine stammer or engine stalling. if you guys wanna check it out let me know and we can get up somewhere on post before you head home and ill show you the setup. i did however order the recirc kit from greddy just so i can put it on "the way its supposed to be".
Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

what time do you guys want to meet up? say about 5 o'clock at sonic out of gate 1? it is good for me. let me know. also i will have helmet in hand, ready to run. i have to get a decent time out of this car before i put the buschur meth kit on next month.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph k
what time do you guys want to meet up? say about 5 o'clock at sonic out of gate 1? it is good for me. let me know. also i will have helmet in hand, ready to run. i have to get a decent time out of this car before i put the buschur meth kit on next month.

I hope you all have fun out there. I can't go tonight, but I'm down for sat if you guys are.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

i will probably be heading out around 5 or so to go to sonic, and then leave from there to jackson.

Quick Reply: Augusta/Ft Gordon area