Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Jacksonville/Midway Park/ Camp Lejeune Area?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacksonville/Midway Park/ Camp Lejeune Area?

Since I'm moving back there now, are there any car clubs or anything out that way? I know Kristy is in Hubert, but what about anyone else? I saw 2 white Lancers heading towards the main gate today on my way back to Raleigh! I saw a yellow one at some restaurant on my way back from the NC Aquarium, saw another yellow one turn down Barbara Ave behind the Enon Church. I would like to find some Lancer/EVO people to chill with, but I'm basically looking for any kind of circle with cool people! Can't stand stuck up or rude people and if you can't get along with me there is a problem with your personality. Anyway, who are you, what does your ride look like, and where you at?

Ben/Midway Park (Piney Green....Again!)
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just came from J-Ville...now in Cali...but the last hang out spots (in June) were on western behind the KFC on Wed nights (Rice nights)...a couple of Evos and many other cars hang out there now...Some people also drive out to Wilmington on Wed nights... go to http://www.performancefreaks.com for some more info on the meets...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Bump!!! Anyone else?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

haha guess not doh i checked importsnc.com but its just me and and guy with a lude over there

im still trying to figure out wtf is up with people hanging out wednesday nights???? why not firday or saturday????? oh well
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

oh by the way ive seen the 2 yellow ones one had a evo7 kit i believe and ther other has so type of grill (all i know is its not the stock one and its not a ralliart grill) see them on 24 between Hubert and Emerald Isle i kept a eye out for a yellow and blue one but i never seen ya cause i would have followed ya haha im a stalker hehe jk im really not and damn the other white lancers why does everyone and their mom have a white lancer with dark rims grrrr peoples but hey im the only one with the grill woot ok im done typeing
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I need a grill! We will be leaving here with the moving truck Wednesday morning! You sure you did not come to the Islander on your way to work when I was at the beach? I thought I felt someone watching me!!! Anyway, after we take the truck back Thursday I have to run across the tracks to HP Imports since that would be the closest place to go! Have not heard of them doing any bad work! But I can walk my stuff over there to them literally! Well, I'm logging off until I after we move and I get everything hooked back up! Moving sucks!!!!! LOL!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:47 PM

I'm one of the White lancers RAs on Lejeune.. the first one i believe too though.. white grill, gun metal rims/chrome lip. and go to east coast performance... much better than HP
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

ahhh ha your one of the ones with a white lancer and gunmetal rims well at least yours is a true RA and its a 05 so the body is different than mine.... I have a 02 white with gunmetal rims and a RA grill

Last edited by LNCRES2; Jul 26, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up HPI or ECP?

Originally Posted by Drewby
I'm one of the White lancers RAs on Lejeune.. the first one i believe too though.. white grill, gun metal rims/chrome lip. and go to east coast performance... much better than HP

Thanks! That is another thought, but right now I'm thinking HP becuase I can basically literally walk my stuff there and not have to use my wife's grandfather's truck! Maybe if I still lived over behing the Top Hat. East Coast Performance is the place across from The Cave, right? Basically I just need to find the best job for the best price. I still have the paint job deal for my whole car good for $500!!! I only seen ECP a few times! The only places that I would consider are ECP and HPI, I'm not really sure of anywhere else to go anyway! I just want my stuff done right this time and I will need a little work done as far as removing my OZ spoiler and covering the center hole, putting my VIII wing together and making the sides smooth to cover the panels where they drill the wing together, fixing a few spots on the front bumper and side skirts, and just putting my hood on with hood pins! Sounds like alot, but it's really not! What do you think? I really have no experience with either shop, but just have not heard anything bad about HP! Thanks again!

Ben
Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Know You Are From Jacksonville If:

1. Someone in your family, or someone you know is in the Marines.
2. You dated, or had a friend, who dated a Marine.
3. You think it's stupid that they built all of the restaurants on Western Blvd.
4. You know exactly how long it takes for your light to turn green at the intersection of Western & 17 next to Wal*Mart.
5. You know that Gum Branch Rd magically turns into Bell Fork Road once it hits 17.
6. You realize that no one will ever call New River Apartments -- Town Center Apartments.
7. You come to the conclusion that people that live in Northwoods & Country Club are filthy rich.
8. You remember the $1 movie theatre @ Northwoods & Brynn Marr.
9. You have been to the fireworks show on base.
10. Sept. 11 2001, you just knew Camp Lejeune, NC was next to be hit by Osama's bomb squad b/c it's one of the largest military bases in the country.
11. You have confirmed that you were from Florida, to spare the hassle of explaining where Jacksonville,NC is.
12. Everyone in college asked you if you went to Southwest and if they could see a state ring.
13. You know that when people say "Brynn Marr", they mean the place where the crazy people go.
14. You've ever wondered why the McDonald's on the corner of Western & 24 is the hot spot for bikers to gather.
15. You've almost been shot at Planet Rock.
16. You've ever driven to the back of Northwoods during Christmas Time to look at the nice *** houses decorated with lights.
17. You've ever driven to the back of Northwoods just to look at the NICE *** houses and imagine that they're yours.
18. You know at least one person that works in the mall.
19. You know that if a girl looks 18...she's really 16.
20. You know who Radio Man is
21. You've ever wanted to shoot the drivers of our wonderful city b/c they don't know how to use their turning signal, read the speed limit signs, etc.

hope everyone got a good laugh.....
Old Aug 4, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

haha thats pretty good Alan
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alan678
You Know You Are From Jacksonville If:

1. Someone in your family, or someone you know is in the Marines.
2. You dated, or had a friend, who dated a Marine.
3. You think it's stupid that they built all of the restaurants on Western Blvd.
4. You know exactly how long it takes for your light to turn green at the intersection of Western & 17 next to Wal*Mart.
5. You know that Gum Branch Rd magically turns into Bell Fork Road once it hits 17.
6. You realize that no one will ever call New River Apartments -- Town Center Apartments.
7. You come to the conclusion that people that live in Northwoods & Country Club are filthy rich.
8. You remember the $1 movie theatre @ Northwoods & Brynn Marr.
9. You have been to the fireworks show on base.
10. Sept. 11 2001, you just knew Camp Lejeune, NC was next to be hit by Osama's bomb squad b/c it's one of the largest military bases in the country.
11. You have confirmed that you were from Florida, to spare the hassle of explaining where Jacksonville,NC is.
12. Everyone in college asked you if you went to Southwest and if they could see a state ring.
13. You know that when people say "Brynn Marr", they mean the place where the crazy people go.
14. You've ever wondered why the McDonald's on the corner of Western & 24 is the hot spot for bikers to gather.
15. You've almost been shot at Planet Rock.
16. You've ever driven to the back of Northwoods during Christmas Time to look at the nice *** houses decorated with lights.
17. You've ever driven to the back of Northwoods just to look at the NICE *** houses and imagine that they're yours.
18. You know at least one person that works in the mall.
19. You know that if a girl looks 18...she's really 16.
20. You know who Radio Man is
21. You've ever wanted to shoot the drivers of our wonderful city b/c they don't know how to use their turning signal, read the speed limit signs, etc.

hope everyone got a good laugh.....

Dude, you hit the nail on the head for most of that stuff! That shiz is funny as hell!!! My wife lost it! She grew up here and I was forced to follow her! LOL!!! That was one of the first things I noticed at that gas station when i first came to see her from college in '99! I was like WOW let me get a bike and hang out at the gas station/McDonalds! LOL! Anyway, Western still sucks and people still try to race me in my slow little 2 tone car!!! I imagine it will only get worse once I get my new front end and wing on and my new paint job! Well it's late and I got school work to do this week!! Later!!!