Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos (NEW)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. Don't do it. Only way I would deal with them again is on a core exchange basis. I wanted MY stuff back, that's the only reason I didn't do the core deal.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Psquared
It's not a matter of me getting the car running! It's a matter of PPI telling me what the H*LL is going on with my parts. I have gotten 3 emails telling me a ship date. Nothing has shipped yet...and no email with shipping information. I just called up there and left a very "friendly" voice mail asking where my stuff is at. I shipped it up there Feb 16th! When and if I ever see my IM/TB again it will be up and running within hours of it getting here. Unfortunately for PPI, I will NEVER use them again and will never recommend them.
do i have to say it ?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
It's not a matter of me getting the car running! It's a matter of PPI telling me what the H*LL is going on with my parts. I have gotten 3 emails telling me a ship date. Nothing has shipped yet...and no email with shipping information. I just called up there and left a very "friendly" voice mail asking where my stuff is at. I shipped it up there Feb 16th! When and if I ever see my IM/TB again it will be up and running within hours of it getting here. Unfortunately for PPI, I will NEVER use them again and will never recommend them.
I'm goin to step out on a limb here and agree with the turn around time on PPI's ported parts. I understand your frustration as I had to wait for my parts a little longer than expected too. BUT, make no mistake, when you do receive the parts they will perform very very well. Wayne is a great guy and I think he is maybe getting overwhelmed with alot of orders and is maybe playin catch up a little bit. Maybe he should hire someone to take care of his customer service department. I hope in the end your satisfied with his parts when it comes to performance.....
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:44 PM

new wing on!... needs to be wet-sanded though but looks a lot better then the old one.

next:
headstuds,
fuel pump,
cams,
injectors

tune... whenever i can manage to get all that done lol
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just noticed this thread last night and I wanted to come in and update everyone today.

To start off I did ship out Psqaured his I/M & T/B yesterday morning, before I knew of this thread, and sent him a tracking # while apologizing sincerely for the unexpected delays that he had to go through.

I certainly can't deny at times porting projects get extended longer than they should. It happens with a small shop as mine. When things get real busy, as they are right now, it can be a struggle to keep up. This has been a very busy month for me which has in turn affected Psquared's order. I hate it when orders get behind.

I am going forward now implementing new stategies to make sure this doesn't happen again and if anything does come up to have better communication with the customer.

If I have lost Psquared or anyone else as a potential customer due to these circumstances I am very sorry and can blame no one but myself. I have no problem admitting when I make mistakes...in turn knowing that acting on these with corrective measures will only make things better in the future.

I will say I will be more than happy to make it up to him on another order if he wishes to try PPI again.

Thank You,
Wayne
PPI
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:24 AM

Bob, any updates?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

I got the box at 5 pm. The car was totally together and running by 10. I had to reinstall everything associated with the IM which is a TON of crap. Plus, I got all my new ETS stainless IC pipes with the TiAl flange that I had to line all up and tighten. An extra set of hands would have been handy, but I'm done. Fired right up. Not a single leak or check engine light. I can't beat on it just yet because I want to heat cycle the headstuds. I gambled and did the 1x1 method. I drove it about 60 miles and let it go through at least 4 heat up/cool down cycles so I need to pull the valve cover to check their torque.
2 things I ran into though..The meth bung I had ETS weld on, I sent them. I double checked the methanol nozzles fit, and verified proper thread. (they're pretty standard) After welding and powder coat the nozzles refuse to thread back in. There's no powder coat in the threads, so I don't know if the stainless bung warped a little. 2nd thing is I have an idle hang when shifting slowly. Like when I shift, the rpms rise in between. It may be because the new TB/IM combo, I'm not sure. I need to hook up the laptop and see what the TPS is saying. It's acting like I'm touching the throttle, when I'm not and the rpm's rise. Very minor things..but its driveable!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

your throttle cable could be a little tight and sticking. Glad she is back working though. You need to post up some pictures.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

That or a vacuum leak or the TPS sensor needs to be calibrated......
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

I marked the throttle cable bracket and IM so I could line up the position of it exactly where it was when I took it apart. The cable has a little play in it sitting, so I don't think that's it. It does a 2k rpm hang at warm up now too..so I'm not sure what that's about. PPI is supposed to calibrate the TPS sensor to factory specs so I wouldn't think that could be it...but anything is possible. At idle my tps showed 13.3. If it shows higher, should I assume that's the problem? I haven't hooked up the laptop yet to check that. Boost leak test underway now...any ideas on the meth nozzle bung issue?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

id run a tap thru it and freshen up the threads... maybe they are just wrong. Who knows.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah..the Tial recirc BOV is super. It holds as expected, doesn't flutter at all. I even tried part throttle on/off gas to make it, and nothing. When you're in decent boost and it vents, it's quick and rapid. Not too loud, sounds a little louder than the IX valve but definitely sounds like it moves more air, much more quickly.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, i'm gonna try that. I don't see stainless warping. I've got a 1/8 plug in it now.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

especially not that piece... it shouldnt get any where near hot enough to warp.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

PPI 65mm TB port job.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos (NEW)