Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Group Drive to the Keys or Key largo!!! Who's in????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Group Drive to the Keys or Key largo!!! Who's in????

Hello to all Florida Evo owners! I am trying to organize a group drive to the keys or key largo for my birthday sometime this august. I know for some it might be difficult due to a hectic work schedule, but the last time I helped organize a drive down to the keys 2 years back with my S2k we were quite successful and would love to do it again for my birthday! Created some meets for my MK4 Supra up in orlando to cruise up to tampa for the yearly meet and was able to gather 25 members to cruise up there. Then I organized with a buddy of mine "supra's invade miami" and we were having weekly meets for about a year straight then the crowed just died out due to the work schedule or family issues. I also helped organize ///M south back 4 years ago and our ///M cars including my E46 M3 were in the 2O11 Hot Import Nights.

Long story short, I am trying to gather up my buddy's from my other car clubs to ride down to the keys with me for my b-day and was just curious if any one would be in and down to join along. Its a bunch of fun and if any of you have any idea inputs please post! If your down to ride down please post or PM me! Need to start planning these ASAP and would like to set a record with over 55 cars!

I am thinking of meeting at the starbucks near 152nd & US1 in the morning to get some coffee and a quick breakfast then get on the turnpike and head down south. If we do end up going all the way to the keys we will stop somewhere in key largo for lunch and then resume or journey down to the keys!

LETS START MAKING A LIST!!!! POST POST AWAY!!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:01 PM

might be down. will have to take extra E!!!! lol @s.e.a.n
Old Jul 3, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what's up guys join the south florida evo facebook page if you're not already on there https://www.facebook.com/groups/SFLlanevo/?fref=ts
Old Jul 6, 2013, 04:54 PM

Yup I put this add up on the fb page. Just need to find out from you guys who is forsure going.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 05:10 PM

Furian777 please let me know for sure if you are going to be attending this & your buddy's with the miatas are more then welcome to come along! I just need confirmation from you & how many of your friends will be attending. Post on here

So far from the Bimmer, Evo & s2ki group I have

Ok so far from here that are attending are:

Alex L

David P

Mark H

Ray B

Giovanni M

Myself

2 others

Mike 21

Jeff brig

Igotcouponssx

Possibly farian777 and his friends?

Anyone else? Total of over 10 ppl including myself
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:51 PM

Ok so here is the most current list as of today and made the date for the 31st of August so now we have a DATE!

Alex L

David P

Mark H

Ray B

Giovanni M

Daniel Torres

Manuel escudero

Andre Manrique

Greg S

Andrew A

Viral from Active autowerkes

Mike 21

Jeff brig

Igotcouponssx

farian777 + 3 of his friends

J speed + 3 of his friends

FPP Mike + 8 friends
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I would be interested in going but that is only if my car is finished being built at AWD, still waiting on my motor from Buschur, drivetrain from Shep, JDM rear and have to have it painted and do some fender work to fit my wheels and ill be set.

Will I be able to find E85 the whole way or will I more than likely have to swap maps part way down?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:12 AM

I hope that you can make it man! Awd usually does their work in a well timely manner I mean we still have a lil over a month. I know that there's a few gas stations on the way down to the keys that carry e85 but to be safe id just run it on pump gas!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ILOVEBOV
I hope that you can make it man! Awd usually does their work in a well timely manner I mean we still have a lil over a month. I know that there's a few gas stations on the way down to the keys that carry e85 but to be safe id just run it on pump gas!
I dont doubt AWD being able to finish up, my concern is getting the motor, drivetrain, and jdm rear in a timely manner which so far has not been the case even though I have paid for pretty much everything so far...

Ill keep you posted and feel free to pm me as we get closer
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:20 AM

please do man, i'm crossing my fingers to have you Evo all done by aug man! You should have no prob finding the parts thru the forum, craigslist, or from diff shops that have them just laying around, you'd be surprised what you can find there lol!

Lets try to keep growing with more cars please!