Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

BArtow County in Georgia adopting new emissions crap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bartow County in Georgia adopting new emissions crap

I had planned on getting a full turbo back exhaust with a cat-delete but I'm worried now because in about 6 months Bartow County will be adopting emissions testing and restrictions crap.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it will effect all cars or just new ones.

Seems kinda wrong to effect cars that were modded or just flat out sucked at emissions anyways, BEFORE the change went in. So if that was the case A LOT of people would be forced to buy cats and junk.

Anyways was just wondering. I should still pass with a high-flow if that's the case right? Thanks.

Last edited by Forbiden; Mar 23, 2004 at 09:37 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

You wont have to get tested till 05 I think. It may be 06. From what I hear, with newer cars they just hook in to the ODB II port and don't even do a sniffer test. They are supposed to do a visual inspection, but most of the time they don't. It also can help to know someone at an emmissions testing place.
Worse case senario it's a once a year thing so you can get a 3" cat and put it on when you need to get tested.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah '05 is supposed to be when they start.

I'll see if I can get my muffler shop to custom make me a pipe so taking the cat on and off and switching it with a test pipe will be quick and easy.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

So what is the fine in GA if you get caught with a test pipe? & do they ever catch people here for that??
Old Apr 7, 2004, 08:21 PM

No idea what the fine is for getting caught without a test pipe and I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone getting caught for it. Some people even have been known to take the heat shield off of their cat and put it around their test pipe.

With the ODB-II tests, as Jonathan said, they don't usually (someone who is on GA DSM who is an emissions tester even said they are not required too, take it for what it's worth) to do a visual. As long as the computer part passes, your good. If your not throwing check engine lights, your good.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have heard the same from another Evo owner who has an Emission shop here in Atlanta he said they just check OBDII and thats all in his shop. But I have a High flow anyway so I think it will pass no check engine light yet.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 08:30 PM

It's pretty easy to find tuner friendly emissions stations that are only concerned with what the computer reads, OBD or sniffer test. I know I've been to several (including several where I did not know the guy doing the emissions) with the DSM and have gotten very little hassle.

In fact, the biggest problem I've ever had with emission testing is techs not believing me that my car was AWD and wanting to put it on the rollers....