Notices

Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LightZero
The point of this story i would have to say, is be a well informed consumer and dont let them feed you lies. READ THE MANUAL, and highlight warranty statements in it, so when they try to make up stories you can catch them by the tail. In an ideal world, you should haven't to do that, but apparently, with mitsu steps like this need to be taken.
Thats a great idea, I'm def done with Mitsu. LOL I was going to buy a base lancer as a cheap winter car, but after this whole disaster I started shopping for a little Civic to get me around

NEWB
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi will never see another dime from me again. This car was the biggest waste of money, still can't believe I spent so much on a piece of **** car like this one.

Worst automaker out there...

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Oct 18, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

^ Did something else happen?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Im sure most guys on this site are aware of my dislike for my car and the continuous problems I keep encountering with it and Mitsubishi dealerships/corporate. This summer my GTS needed a brand new bottom end. I was without my car for almost 2 months and stuck with an old Sebring as a replacement, which broke down on me too, then replaced by another old pos Galant.

In the end the same problem that caused the engine failure will surface down the road because the real issue was never corrected. I wish selling the car was as easy as it sounds.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Oct 18, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
Im sure most guys on this site are aware of my dislike for my car and the continuous problems I keep encountering with it and Mitsubishi dealerships/corporate. This summer my GTS needed a brand new bottom end. I was without my car for almost 2 months and stuck with an old Sebring as a replacement, which broke down on me too, then replaced by another old pos Galant.

In the end the same problem that caused the engine failure will surface down the road because the real issue was never corrected. I wish selling the car was as easy as it sounds.
What caused the initial engine failure?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:29 AM

casual/normal use mitsu owners i've spoken to love the cars, love the service and love the reliability. (this includes owners of early-mid 2000)

So, to work and back,, damn good car, damn good service,,,,

this applies to RAs & EVOs too.

I don't think any auto company should be responsible for more than that.

Consider this, do you think that Ken Block would let you take his STI out for a spin around the track and say "Do whatever you want, don't worry about damage, I'll pay for it"

Do you think mitsu should say "You can afford an EVO, that must mean you are a fully trained professional driver, or your playstation training is just as good, and any modifications you make will have been reviewed by a team of engineers to ensure it 'jives' with the rest of the car. Don't worry, we got your back, complete stranger".

And the marketing material? If you watch/listen and dear lord THINK about what the ad conveys,, you will realize they DONT say "Look what you can do with our cars! They are like, invincible and stuff!"

they essentially say "Our cars are one of the preferred brands used in rally racing for its performance and reliability, if its good enough for that, then it should be good enough for you [the normal driver]".

Oh and have you seen what goes on behind the scenes in rally? there is a reason why pro rally teams show up to events with enough parts to build 3 more cars....

I drive my passenger car as a passenger car, and as a consumer, who has their own right and responsibility to research the dealer and service center, I enjoy the reliability of my RA, and am satisfied with the service it recieves.

Do I want to race the car around, drive like crazy etc? Yea, but I cannot afford either of the two options I, and everyone else has:
1. Go above the "normal passenger car" usage with my road car, and deal with the financial consequences.
2. Drop a wad of cash, buy and Evo, strip the sucker down and do it right. Maybe take it up to Bancroft and enter it in the Open category.

/flame
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

^ ? Alittle confusing. I think Trashy GTS is using his for everyday use.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

as soon as i knew my warranty is still good if i do my maintenance at other shops, i was gone sooo fast.

i keep getting pleading letters from my old mitsubishi dealerships. they offer me the lame 15% off deal which is still more expensive than the shop i go to lol.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi in my opinion has come a long way and if you ask alot of owners that are repeat buyers that will confirm this.

Mitsubishi's problem is its size and marketing. They conflict with themselves all the time, because Mitsubishi does not know what kinda of company it wants to be. Everything is half way with them. They want to be green, they want to be power, they want to be mr. reliable.

The problem is there is no focus and as a result the brand overall has suffered. Mitsubishi should just decide what they want to be.

That said there is some serious talk internally going on in December next month so in some ways my prayers maybe answered. lol it appears the formal letters I sent 3 years ago about this are just being opened now.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Mitsubishi in my opinion has come a long way and if you ask alot of owners that are repeat buyers that will confirm this.

Mitsubishi's problem is its size and marketing. They conflict with themselves all the time, because Mitsubishi does not know what kinda of company it wants to be. Everything is half way with them. They want to be green, they want to be power, they want to be mr. reliable.

The problem is there is no focus and as a result the brand overall has suffered. Mitsubishi should just decide what they want to be.

That said there is some serious talk internally going on in December next month so in some ways my prayers maybe answered. lol it appears the formal letters I sent 3 years ago about this are just being opened now.
I hope your letter will change a few things...

and to the guys that said markham mitsu is a joke, they rebuilt my tranny in a week and took 500 bucks off the bill and applied warranty on some of the parts for me. Guess what? I melted my clutch to the flywheel. As of today, I still have my warranty and everyone shakes my hand when I am ever there. I guess knowing the GM works lol

Hey soul, I got your pm regarding some club issues...pm me again if you need anything from me.

Last edited by initialdrew; Oct 19, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
What caused the initial engine failure?
Colesnote version below

While driving home from work on a saturday evening I noticed a low clattering noise coming from the engine...only happened when the engine was under load. I couldn't take a day off right away to bring it in to my mechanic, so I had to baby the car as much as I could for a few days till I was able to. So I finally bring it to my mechanic and as soon as he pulled the car in he could smell a rotten egg smell coming from the car. Before even checking the clattering noise he decided to check if my cat was working by taking a reading with the temp gun and sure enough it was clogged up. Little to my knowledge I had it replaced with an aftermarket cat since the price to replace it with a oem one was ridiculous, not knowing it was still covered under warranty (car had around 120000kms at the time). I didn't want him getting too much into the problem, since I still had power warranty left, but I wanted to get a rough idea what the issue could of been before taking it in and signing off on a work order through the dealership. He had suggested trying to run the car on Shell 91 gas to see if the clattering would go away, because it honestly sounded like a problem in the head (valves, valve springs, etc).

Few days later I was able to bring the car to the dealership so they could check out the problem more throughly and sure enough I started to hear the same old excuses from Mitsubishi dealerships. Even before the car was in the shop I was being told how I rejected a valve adjustment service at a earlier time and how this was the problem surfacing now...basically trying to scare me because I didn't want to do the service through the dealership. After the tech finished with my car, he had came to the conclusion that the problem was indeed in the head and that their was play with the valve springs and rockers. Once again I was being told that corporate would probably not cover this issue because I did not perform this service through them and that I better have every single service receipt as proof of work performed on my car...not an issues! Anything I do on this car I keep the receipts filed away for this very same reason.

After the dealership forwarded all my records to head office, I waited a few days for the final verdict and the clattering become louder and louder by the day. (I had no other car to drive) Eventually I did get a response and at first they wanted me to cover up to 8 hours of diagnostics to find the issue...yet earlier in the week they had said the problem was with the head, but now magically didn't know the problem but wanted me to pay 8 hours of labour. Obvisously I refused to pay and left a voice mail for the service manager explaining what had gone down and how I would not pay for 8 hours of diagnostics. Later on that day I get a call from the service guy telling me I could bring in the car and that they would not charge me anything to begin diagnosing the issue and to fix the problem.

So after dropping off the car I was given a 2002 Chrysler Sebring in horrible shape, I mean completely dirty in and out, dust, dirt, pet hair, human hair, etc...not to mention an engine light on as well. I wasn't too happy but I sucked it up and took the car. About a week goes by and I hear nothing so I decide to give the dealership a call to find out what's going on and they tell me their in the process of taking apart stuff off the car, ok. I think another week goes by and I call again to find out any new updates and now I get a big surprise. Apparently the so called service that I didn't do, which caused a problem with the head, was now a completely different thing. Apparently the bottom end was the issue all along because their was too much gas in the oil and the cylinders and crank were scored, as well as the bearings being burnt. They began tearing everything down and had to wait for a new short block to come in over seas.

4 weeks go by and that very same Sebring I was giving, left me stranded in Markham at a gas station pump in the early hours, because the ignition had broke. Because it was so early I had to call in a tow truck to move the car from the pump to the back of the station so I could wait till the dealership opened up. Finally 8am came along and I got a hold of the dealership and they sent out a tow truck to tow me back to Burlington. I ended up missing a days work because of this horrible car and to top it off I was given another lemon which was a older Galant (which by the final days also had a engine light come on)...not even a base Lancer or something. I guess this really got the wheels moving interms of getting my car ready and in my hands.

As they began putting everything back together they had noticed my ingalls front camber kit and gave me issues over it. The service guy had said because the suspension was taken apart to remove the engine they had to perform a alignment on my car, which now would not be covered under warranty. Because I was sick of the bs, I just agreed to pay the alignment out of my pocket and they called it even because they owed me for the towing bill to move my car away from the pump (the camber bolts more than likely were not touched orignally, but to cover the cost of the towing billing the problem came up with the excuses and still billed head office for the alignment). Finally I get the call I was waiting for to come pick up my car, and I was actually happy to be driving it again lol. I took it for a spin and everything felt great, no unusual noises, vibrations, etc...but I did notice the alignment was off and the steering wheel was pointing to the left, A/C hose caps were missing, along with the exhaust manifold heat shield...small things that they said they would "take care of".

A few weeks roll by and suddenly the car starts to make this horrible vibration and noises, followed by an engine light. My friends shop is open late so I decided to take it in so he could put the car on the hoist and see if he could find anything lose while the car was running. Finally he puts the car under load and he notices the engine has alot of play in it...to the point where the exhaust manifold and down pipe split open everytime you rev the car. We could sway the motr back and forth by just moving the rear exhaust. Next day I drop the car off so they could find out the problem and also replace the missing caps and exhaust shield they had forgot to put back on...they give me a Pontiac G5 GT this time around lol. Days go by and I get a call from the same guy that told me my head was screwed because I didn't do a valve adjustment, to tell me that the engine light was triggered because the cat I had replaced was cooked and because it was no longer a oem cat they would not fix anything. I understand that the cat would not be replaced since its no longer oem, but he was basing the engine play and vibration on the cat I had on. Not only was that bad but he also had the decency to tell me that the reason why the manifold shield was missing because the original was so badly rusted and that it would cost me $200 to replace it...yet if this was the issue wouldn't they have told me before picking up the car? I argued with the guy over both issues and he began pulling a Chris Cooke line..."you calling me a liar?" He got so upset that he had somebody else call me back and that person who did actually knew what he was talking about. As soon as I explained the whole situation he agreed that the parts should of been on the car before it leaving and that the other issue was more than likely from the motor shifting into its place...requiring the mounts to be losened and then re-tightened again. PROBLEM SOLVED! Took my car to Altech Alignment shop and they said the toe on one of the front wheels were off...so much for a alignment from the dealership.

So in the end, the original problem that caused the bottom end to go really wasn't corrected (something a Mitsubishi tech mentioned that caught my attention). The injectors must be dumping way too much fuel into the motor, which caused the cylinders and crank to be scored, as well as the bearings being burnt. Now a second cat is cooked and you can smell how rich the car is running. So if this is true, then I can expect to go through another bottom end in 3 years time.

CN: Dealership orignially thought the problem was the head and tried to blame it on me, after diagnosising it again they found out that the cylinders, crank had score marks and that the bearings were burnt because of too much gas in the oil. Head office ok's the repair and a short block is sent from over seas. Almost 2 months later I get my car and run into other issues with the car and the dealership. The second catalytic converter is now cooked and I suspected the same issue that caused the bottom end to fail really wasn't fixed. As one of the techs mentioned to me, its possibly the injectors dumping too much fuel into the motor which caused my original cat fail and now my second one, not to mention the smell of my car running rich.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul

Im surprised with your opinion...you usually seem pro-mitsubishi lol

I've been so tempted to, with all the problems I've had since day one with this dreaded car, to take a trip to Mitsubishi head office in Mississauga and walk in there and demand somebody come outside and see what kind of product they built and the hear the problems I've dealt with. It's honeslty a complete joke how this company treats their customers when they're basing their marketing on the "best backed cars" and how they have a 10 year warranty not because they have to, but because they want to. Are they serious? They can't even offer the same customers that bought a car from their company a proper loaner vehicle, yet they claimn they're the best backed cars in the industry?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

TRASHY_GTS: I'm curious to know, what kind of motor oil are you using? It might be related to the clogging of the cat.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

What dealership did you use?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
Im surprised with your opinion...you usually seem pro-mitsubishi lol

I've been so tempted to, with all the problems I've had since day one with this dreaded car, to take a trip to Mitsubishi head office in Mississauga and walk in there and demand somebody come outside and see what kind of product they built and the hear the problems I've dealt with. It's honeslty a complete joke how this company treats their customers when they're basing their marketing on the "best backed cars" and how they have a 10 year warranty not because they have to, but because they want to. Are they serious? They can't even offer the same customers that bought a car from their company a proper loaner vehicle, yet they claimn they're the best backed cars in the industry?
I am not really pro Mitsubishi in the sense of Corporate / Operation. The fact of that of the matter is 3 years ago I wrote a white paper to Mitsubishi on the mistakes they were making. Highlighted the problems that would result down the road. Finally a made a few suggestions on what I humbly believe would put Mitsubishi down the right path. I found out that they throw it out / put it in a different pile for 2 and a half years. Recently I found out that someone picked it up and said hmmmm so the kid was right.

Over the past 3 years I didnt make a big deal about it, I didnt blast things on my blog and bash Mitsubishi, I kept it to myself. Hey I am just one man vs. a Company, surely they know what they are doing. Fact of the matter is, there are factions within Mitsubishi construct that clash with each other unintentional. Sadly. Because of this friction and inefficient operation. Mitsubishi seems to make the wrong decisions to correct issues. Or to put it bluntly, to make (what they think) is hard decisions to correct Mitsubishi's course. In December I will be submitting one last white paper to Japan and USA in regards to 2012 or 2013, as Mitsubishi executes face lifts and some product cycle changes. They have made no promises they would act on anything, but they are curious to see what I have to say. But I am by far not involve with Mitsubishi formally. But they are listening. Not just to me, but to a lot of people.

Mitsubishi recently made a press release stating. (WE ARE NOT LEAVING North America, AND PLAN TO BUILD MORE CARS PEOPLE WANT)

what that means is a little fuzzy, but for the most part they plan to give it one last go.

ALL THAT SAID, Canada Mitsubishi is a completely different can of worms. And people need to understand. Canada Mitsubishi is no longer a full fledged Corporate entity with Supreme power. UNFORTUNATELY, they lost this Ultimate Authority years ago when they Left Canada. The dealerships that were here, were basically told, "Sorry Buddy, your own on your own" Fast forward I think a few years, and Mitsubishi Says to the dealerships. Hey GUESS WHAT????? WE ARE BACK!!! lol you can imagine what the established dealerships were saying. WTF?

So you guys have to understand the dealerships (old school ones) and Corporate have to make this relationship work mutually. So generally Mitsubishi has express authority in certain categories such as Warranty Claim process, but thats just it, they dont have full authority. Some things are still done at the discession of the dealership. Another thing that has just Messed Mitsubishi up is the fact that they have no Parts warehouse in Canada. All parts are dependent on the USA for supply. Which is funny, because Mitsubishi USA and Canada are not closely linked. So priority for Canada isnt really at the top when it comes to the actual supply. But its coming.... when, no clue, but I have been told its coming. I just do not think it will solve most problems

I love Mitsubishi, I love them to death. But most of my suggestions have more to do with Mitsu North America Policy. I will release a summary of my white paper for your consumption at the same time when I fire of my stuff to Mitsubishi USA and Japan. Its my hope that it will be to some benefit to Mitsubishi.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls