Notices

Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls

Just an FYI guys. If you have a modded car, for christ sake do not post pics of it on any forum.

I have been informed that Mitsubishi Corporate keeps a track of these forums and will deny warranty claims to people who they can identify as modding or tuning their cars.

Also if you have pictures of your car from the track, an HPDE, or on a dyno, do not post them. Because if something does happen to your car, not even related to the mods you have or an event you may have attended, Mitsubishi Canada will deny your warranty based on that information alone.

At the end of the day its up to each and everyone of us to decide what we post online. I really don't care about my car or its warranty, all I know is never to take it to a Mitsubishi dealership for repairs since they will undoubtedly fk it up.

All I'm saying at this point is,.

1) if you mod - GREAT its a wonderful hobby
2) if you post it, GREAT we like to see your results
3) your warranty will get voided if Mitsu can tie you into your CAR.
4) never Id your self through the forum, or make your car identifiable.
5) put it back to stock, drive in on new tires, and make them cover your warranty

Reason I write this............... I was just informed that Mitsubishi Motors Canada is keeping a tab on me, a local dealership just informed me of this fact ..... LOL

SO to Mitsubishi Motors Canada, the GTA District Manager and Mitsu Dealers who fk peoples cars up...........

=

/THREAD

Last edited by TheNEWB; Jul 30, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's a good idea not to post too much "custom info" about your car online and make it identifiable as to who you are... I've heard of other manufacturers looking at forums too. I don't think it necessarily means the manufacturers are evil tho. I remember hearing about a guy with a different car who blew up his engine. He claimed that his car was completely stock... and the engine just went on him. Somebody from the dealership browsed the forums and found out that he actually was using Nitrous heavily... and THAT is why his engine went kaboom! He tried to make his car look as stock as possible before bringing it back to the dealer for a warranty claim (including removing the Nitrous system)

So I understand manufacturers looking online.

But I'm wondering... can they really deny you warranty because you took your car to the track?!?!? I mean this is a performance car after all...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:00 PM

But I'm wondering... can they really deny you warranty because you took your car to the track?!?!? I mean this is a performance car after all...
yes they can. they love to look for ways to void warranties because the money is coming out of their pocket. Eventhough the treads on your car are worn from just everyday driving they can say hey your treads are too low you were racing then no warranty. Some dealerships are like that but not all.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Speaking in generally

Everything is common sense, you mod your car. Bolt ons, no problems, a downpipe here or there isnt going to hurt to much. Ripping an Evo around a track once a year. Isnt murdering the car either. So long as you take care of your car, you will know if you are going to have problems or not. Your car speaks to you. The clutch starts feeling strange, chances are its the first sign its going to go. Your car engine is making a sound you never heard before or is doing strange stuff. Its wise to look into it. Cars are generally pretty reliable even when you factor in abuse. The problem is, most people dont know how to properly take care of their car. They dont understand the limits and when something bad happens, they blame the dealer or the manufacturer. I look at an EVO and I dont care about the warranty. Just short or recall stuff.. your buying the car because you want a real machine. But evo owners over the ages will tell you, you gotta take care of your ride.

LoL it reminds me kinda of my VW friends who own golfs, They will tell you. Man I hate my car its a real ***** to take care of. Mean while they are a 2nd or 3rd repeat Golf owner. Why because they love the car, and they likely have finally come to an understanding that you MUST take care of the car. Or else... it will have problems. Sooner rather than later. Other cars how ever. previous generation honda's and toyota's. You can throw all types of abuse on it and it will just keep running. And if you do break it, you fix it up better then it was before.

The warranty people should care about is the bumper to bumper one. Powertrain is really something that relies heavily on maintaining the car. And putting in premium stuff. Not the crap the dealerships generally sells because they have to cause Corporate tells them so.

meh, thats my two cents

Originally Posted by Crester
I think it's a good idea not to post too much "custom info" about your car online and make it identifiable as to who you are... I've heard of other manufacturers looking at forums too. I don't think it necessarily means the manufacturers are evil tho. I remember hearing about a guy with a different car who blew up his engine. He claimed that his car was completely stock... and the engine just went on him. Somebody from the dealership browsed the forums and found out that he actually was using Nitrous heavily... and THAT is why his engine went kaboom! He tried to make his car look as stock as possible before bringing it back to the dealer for a warranty claim (including removing the Nitrous system)

So I understand manufacturers looking online.

heheh .If you have Nitrous on your system you deserve to fail that bad. Nitrous so much can go wrong and its hard to do it properly. If he blew the engine. That has nothing to do with the manufacturer and everything to do with a driver who took things into his own hands and is paying for it.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I saw a thread on the other forum where mitsu is denying a guy his sst warranty because he had possibly used ssp and not diaqueen fluid. Stupid sheet like that angers me.

All that tells me is the manufacturer looks for every avenue to get out of a warranty job.

My acd started making noise at like 3000km. I went to the the dealer told them about it, even did a test drive. They said they would contact mitsu corporate.

Never got back to me........ I did an HPDE at Mosport a few weeks later. With the same nosie, nothing changed.

Went back to dealer, they told me my tranny bearings were gone and it didn't fall under warranty because my tranny fluid was silverish in color and showed signs of abuse. LOL. $3k later. The replace the bearings and guess what the ***n noise is still there.

So guess what I was out of pocket for work that should have been covered and I paid $3k for a unnecessary repair.

I'm telling you never id yourself online in any forum or your car. If mitsu can save $3k they will. Customers don't matter to them all that much. Just the $$
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

I LOL everytime I see the commercial where they say "Mitsubishi best backed cars in the world!"

Really I think as long as your not posting your full name, or pics of your plates how can they prove its you.

I can even imagine there is a department at HQ where people sit on the computer filtering forums for key info to deny warranty claims lol
Old Jul 31, 2010, 07:20 AM

Interesting....
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:46 AM
R0Y

Originally Posted by turbotime
I LOL everytime I see the commercial where they say "Mitsubishi best backed cars in the world!"

Really I think as long as your not posting your full name, or pics of your plates how can they prove its you.

I can even imagine there is a department at HQ where people sit on the computer filtering forums for key info to deny warranty claims lol
LOL everytime I hear that line I keep thinking
" BEST BACKED CARS MY *** "
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Enjoi
Interesting....
You say that like a mitsu troll. And your from Mississagua where mitsu has it's HQ. So I ask; are you that evil mitsu Warranty troll?

Don't get busted by mitsu on this forum, you may recommend to a customer who just bought an evo to check out this forum, and they will. They wick get an exhaust put on their car, the mitsu troll will void their warranty for something and you will get owned.

By the way how is maple for warranties? Do you guys take pics of customers cars and send them to hq before warranty work?

Hehehehhe

Last edited by TheNEWB; Jul 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
You say that like a mitsu troll. And your from Mississagua where mitsu has it's HQ. So I ask; are you that evil mitsu Warranty troll?

Don't get busted by mitsu on this forum, you may recommend to a customer who just bought an evo to check out this forum, and they will. They wick get an exhaust put on their car, the mitsu troll will void their warranty for something and you will get owned.

By the way how is maple for warranties? Do you guys take pics of customers cars and send them to hq before warranty work?

Hehehehhe
lol hehe

ok but in all seriousness. How many times do you think Mitsubishi has been stiff by a trolling customer. Who rides their car into the ground, then goes to the dealership and says? I was driving and it just stopped working. lol

Or even better. I got a story that is going to make you guys die. True story.

A guy comes in after buying some Rotors about a year ago. Good quality good brand rotors. He cames back in and say I want to get warranty on my rotors. He brings the rotors inside and on the desk. And I swear to you guys, they look like e-braked them to death. Then he starts demanding warranty. Ok, so the shop looks up his order info. Dude, the guy bought the rotors 1 and half year years ago. Then says well they were smoked 3 months into it, but never had the time to come in.

WTF are you serious? Some of the stuff people say just blows my mind.

Even customers behind this guy were laughing their heads off.
lol

My point is there is always two sides of the coin, there are people on both sides that take advantage. Your best defense is proper maintainence and common sense.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
A guy comes in after buying some Rotors about a year ago. Good quality good brand rotors. He cames back in and say I want to get warranty on my rotors. He brings the rotors inside and on the desk. And I swear to you guys, they look like e-braked them to death. Then he starts demanding warranty. Ok, so the shop looks up his order info. Dude, the guy bought the rotors 1 and half year years ago. Then says well they were smoked 3 months into it, but never had the time to come in.
That is funny, but what exactly breaks on a rotor? Machine the thing and carry on.

My situation is odd, my car has been fkn wonky since I bought it, one customer refused it because the tranny sounded funny, Mitsu assured me the car was fixed etc. Then when I brought it in multiple times for service I would mention the fact that the tranny was sounding odd.............well it was never the tranny it was the ACD (centre diff) on the evo.

And when I spoke to Mitsubishi corporate, the girl on the phone just gave me the same excuse over and over as to why they wouldn't repair my car under warranty.

"well there transmission oil was silver in colour and had metal flakes in it, you have an aftermarket exhaust and intake (intake is a drop in filter.....) and the car my have been over driven"

That was all she kept saying over and over. Had I known they were going to F... me on the warranty I would have taken it to a friends shop to actually repair what was broken on the car.

Best part is, they replaced the bearings in the transmission, but never gave me back the old bearings............ they kept them, I didnt realized until long after the fact when I looked into old parts box where they were suppose to put my old parts. So now I dont even have anything to show in court........FML

Its clearly apparent that Mitsubishi doesn't care about the customers, they put posters like this in their showrooms.

or commercials like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjK3vdoOfzo

Lets not kid our selves, why is it that Audi encourages their owners to drive their cars responsibly at Track Events but Mitsu will void your warranty if you attend an HPDE or put on a down pipe or intake?

$$$$ ever penny counts when your trying to stay afloat.

I already ensured that two of my co-workes bought Civics instead of Lancers, talk a friend out of a RalliArt (Nissan Pathfinder) and tempting another friend to ditch his RalliArt for a Jetta TDi. After all they may void his warranty for having "aftermarket" rims. LOL

Last edited by TheNEWB; Jul 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

HHEHEH

All I'm really saying is.......... dont buy a Mitsubishi but if you do, dont post anything about it anywhere if you want a warranty, and dont for christ sake put any aftermarket parts on your car.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:11 PM

lol. They told me my exhaust flange leak was because of my aftermarket intake filter, and that it didnt make sense to fix a radio short that only happened every now and again. Then when my warranty was up.....they offered to fix it and offered me an extended warranty. I will never buy another mitsu.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

When you say Mitsubishi voided his warranty I find that a bit misleading. ANY dealership has the right to deny warranty repairs, that is not necessarily Mitsubishi. We have 2 dealerships in my area and one of the allows intake, IC piping, and catback under warranty and the other one allows much more. Both of which by the way are frowned upon by Mitsubishi. I personally think if you bought an EVO and you are concerned about a warranty, you may have made the wrong choice in cars. I made sure I had the funds to replace and repair anything on my car before buying it.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:45 PM

It should not matter what car your buying. Adding modifications should NOT void the warranty unless that mod is the cause of the issue. Adding an intake or exhaust and then to have a tranny issue or awd issue and not cover it under warranty is pure BS.
One of the biggest things that gets me is that the car is marketed as a performance car and should be able to be driven over and above a normal car. When doing so they say we drive them to hard and thus no warranty? If they tried to void my warranty I would only have a few short words " see you in court" Alot of lawyers would love a false marketing case......

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Corporate Trolls