Notices
View Poll Results: What is your experience with Mitsubishi Dealership Service, (Check all that apply)
Very Good, I have complete faith with my specific local Dealership
13.33%
Very Good, I have complete faith with any Mitsubishi Dealership
0%
Good experience with my specific Dealership
11.11%
Good experience with all Mitsubishi Dealership
0%
Average Experience with Mitsubishi Dealerships
20.00%
Average, But I Avoid going to Some Mitsubishi Dealerships
20.00%
Poor, It is always hit or miss
35.56%
I do not service my Mitsubishi vehicle at Mitsubishi Dealerships
11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Mitsubishi Dealership Service Satisfaction Survey

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi Dealership Service Satisfaction Survey

Within the next few days, I will be confronting Mitsubishi Canada directly on the issues that continue to grow and fester within the majority of the Greater GTA Mitsubishi Dealership network. (basically everything within 100 km of Toronto)

The sad truth is, the service has suffered over the years. And now with the EVO X and Ralliart cars here. I actually have owners calling me everyday with problems with their dealerships, or that they are terrified to bring their car into dealerships. To be honest with the exception of 1 or 2 dealerships. I have no idea what to say to them. I myself no longer bring my car to a Mitsubishi Dealership. Generally because the ones I personally trust with my car are two far away given where I work. So I have them serviced at other dealerships. Sigh....

The dealership experience is about trust. People have to treat you with respect while at the same time demonstrate a clear example knowledge and leadership. That does not exist at Mitsubishi dealerships today. I am fed up with the fact that the turn over rate in dealerships is so disturbing. By the time I drive away, they put a black bag over the head of the rep I was speaking with and they are replaced with someone new. I just am not sure if Mitsubishi realizes that is the key problem. There is no longer a connection.

People like a go to person. We have seen a few of them from time to time. People want to put their car in the hands of someone who will make them happy and address their issues. It is a people / trust business. Too many times. I see people buy a car, bring it in at the first time of trouble and be ignored or not treated fairly. I saw it with my own eyes happen to a very new Lancer DE owner. Bought the car, spent 25,000$ of their hard earned money, and they got ignored out right by the service department. The car then broke down 2 weeks later, towed back in to the dealership. And then had to pay for something that should have been covered by warranty. Anyways, I can go on and on.... but this is not anything new.

What I am driving at is, there needs to be clear and decisive change on Mitsubishi Corporate's part. Only because my entire Toronto Lancer Club says to me over and over the same thing. What I want is an intensive customer service centred program that will raise the confidence level of Mitsubishi owners. Second, I think it would be extremely wise for a National Dealership Program. As many of you know, 3 Mitsubishi have closed down within range of the GTA in this past year. This is a trend that I am not expecting to change. There are 2 others that are... for a lack of a better word... not doing so well. Corporate locations will and should set the minimum standard for what Service should be.

Am I asking for too much.... well early reports say I am. But if no one says it... then there is no starting point.

All that said, I have gone even further with a very bold plan to ensure that Lancer, Ralliart, and EVO X owners receive premium service. March 1st I will send my entire 1 year plan to Head Office. What is at stake is $120,000 minimum in Mitsubishi Labor and Aftermarket Parts Sales. On March 2nd I will launch project "Silver Diamond". Stay tuned.

Please Take the time to vote in this thread survey to share your thoughts. All votes will be public. So if you do vote, briefly mention your thoughts on your Mitsubishi Experience at the Dealership level. More Specifically SERVICE!!!!!!!! Do not talk about car purchasing. Simply Service and Warranty.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never brought my mitsu's to the dealer simply because I've heard of everyone elses bad experiences at them. I bought my Evo last year with 44k miles on it, expecting that if anything went wrong with it, it was on me to fix it. What does that say about Mitsu warranties?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't necessarily had any really bad experiences at Mitsubishi dealerships. The main concern I have tho is... I never really get the confidence that they know what they are doing with the EVO X. It's like they are seeing the car for the first time!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

I've had Terrible service at Barrie Mitsubishi, the place is an absolute joke and disgrace. I've resorted to taking my car to newmarket Mitsubishi sor service and so far they have been decent... But who knows, that could change. So far so good with Newmarket, but I will never visit Barrie Mitsubishi again.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:50 AM

In a few months i got a reali reali bad bad bad bad relantionship with mitsubishi dealership. so i resorted to go to kia dealership.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:44 AM

I bought my car from oakville mitsubishi and then 3 months after that they closed down and now I go to erin mills and it seems every week someone gets canned!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

It's rough to hear this when I'm on the other end. I work for Mid-North Mitsubishi, in Sudbury.

We have a policy that we will do whatever is necessary to keep our customers happy, and we have gone the extra mile on many occasions to make sure this is the case. Our head mechanic also has a passion for cars and has the training and the experience to do the job right the first time, and is trusted by our Mitsubishi customers, as well as his own group of clientele that followed him from his last job. We're proud to say that every Evo X and Ralliart sold in this city comes back for regular maintenance, plus a few more that were sold in other dealerships as well.

Our sales department also tries to make sure that any and all customers are treated with respect and we try to be completely transparent with our numbers so that the customer knows exactly what they're paying and why.

We're pround to report that we're doing fairly well in town (3rd best selling import dealership in the city) and we've been getting very positive reviews from our customers. We are also by far the best selling dealership in Ontario not located in the GTA or Ottawa, and we match or outsell many of those dealerships as well.

From a mod standpoint, we are offering a growing list of aftermarket parts, but many do affect the customer's warranty. We ask our customers to check with us before going ahead with parts.

We plan to open a performance division that is standalone from the Mitsu part of the business, and we're trying to become the go-to place for parts, service and advice for our customers' Mitsubishi and aftermarket needs.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

I hate going to Cambridge Mitsubishi because of what they did to my car a couple years back. My parents got into an accident with my car and the airbags deployed. Well, they couldn't get an airbag module in for AGES (understandable), and when they finally did (I'm 95% sure they ripped it out another brand new car) they destroyed my interior with screwdriver pry marks allll over my center console, shifter plastics and that entire surrounding area. My father called back to complain as he was dealing with the situation and heres what they told me... The service manager 'Just ran to tell the technician' that the interior had pry marks on it. BULL ****! They ruined my interior and did absolutely nothing to fix it, I had to buy all of the parts they screwed up. I don't know if they've changed since then, but I don't like going to dealerships for obvious reasons.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:13 PM

I used to like going to Erin Mills but now with the turnover, I don't feel as confident leaving my car there.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:52 PM

I was just at Erin Mills today for first maintenance... the overall experience wasn't too bad.. though I was there for < an hour.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 05:53 PM

Yea same erin mills mitsubishi has changed so much that i dont really want to take my car there anymore. I feel as if my warranty will be voided very soon taking it there lol.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:02 PM

Only been to Newmarket and so far so good
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

wish it was like that up in the GTA!

Originally Posted by SudzRA
It's rough to hear this when I'm on the other end. I work for Mid-North Mitsubishi, in Sudbury.

We have a policy that we will do whatever is necessary to keep our customers happy, and we have gone the extra mile on many occasions to make sure this is the case. Our head mechanic also has a passion for cars and has the training and the experience to do the job right the first time, and is trusted by our Mitsubishi customers, as well as his own group of clientele that followed him from his last job. We're proud to say that every Evo X and Ralliart sold in this city comes back for regular maintenance, plus a few more that were sold in other dealerships as well.

Our sales department also tries to make sure that any and all customers are treated with respect and we try to be completely transparent with our numbers so that the customer knows exactly what they're paying and why.

We're pround to report that we're doing fairly well in town (3rd best selling import dealership in the city) and we've been getting very positive reviews from our customers. We are also by far the best selling dealership in Ontario not located in the GTA or Ottawa, and we match or outsell many of those dealerships as well.

From a mod standpoint, we are offering a growing list of aftermarket parts, but many do affect the customer's warranty. We ask our customers to check with us before going ahead with parts.

We plan to open a performance division that is standalone from the Mitsu part of the business, and we're trying to become the go-to place for parts, service and advice for our customers' Mitsubishi and aftermarket needs.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:45 PM

Problems with my SE showed to me an other side of mitsu customer service experience...now I know there is no backup on a corporate level if you are confronting with your dealership... I know there is a corporate building in Mississauga but there is no corporate soul inside it...
Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:50 PM

Thank you for doing this corporate needs to know about the poor quality of service out there.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Dealership Service Satisfaction Survey