Notices

Track Rental Video

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Rental Video

We took 3 cars to a track rental Wed. The Orange car, Xceler8's Evo, and another customers Evo IX. We were told on tuesday afternoon that the rental was cancelled so we left the Orange car unfinished. Junior called me at 9pm Tuesday night to tell me that the rental was back on...so we went into the shop early to finish up the new setup on the car and get it down to the rental to make a few passes. We didn't get to put the car on the dyno, we just got it started and put it on the trailor. We made a few test passes but unfortunately we had issues with the cam sensor so we were unable to make any full passes. First pass was to check the AFR's so I shut it down as soon as I shifted 4th. Second pass we raised the boost a bit but when I shifted to 4th gear the cam sensor started to act up as you can hear in the video. We are VERY happy with the car as its running almost the same 1/8th mile as last year with 15 less pounds of boost. We changed the cams to Kelford 280's and the intake to a Magnus V5.

Xceler8's car ran real strong all day. He must have made over 10 passes....before he broke his rear diff. Best pass was a 10.40@138. His car is running an FPred, E85, and a stock ECU. Watch for that car to run even better ET's in the near future.

The other car we brought was a customers car. His name is Jose and I believe his screen name on here is ID#376. Evo IX that ran a best of 10.77@119 on pump gas with Junior letting off at the top of 4th gear. It also ran 10.8@131 and another low 11 second pass. We spent the day trying to dial in the lauch control. His mods are:

Turbotrix 2.0
Turbotrix Race head
Kelford 272
Full Race mAnifold with HTA86
Turbotrix COP
Turbotrix Fuel System
Buschur FMIC + UICP
Magnus V5 intake
Turbotrix Rebuilt 5 speed trans
Exedy triple disc
Sorry for the quick write up but I'm beat and need to go to bed.

Thanks to Pat (Red4k) for the video.
Here is the vid:

http://vimeo.com/13564942

Keith

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Jul 26, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting up the video. The drag evo is bad***! Im sure it ll be clicking off some more 8sec passes soon. Had a great time. Cant wait to get'r up and running again. We ll definitely have to do it again in the fall or cooler weather.

PM me about that custom intake you guys have for the speed density setup. Id like to add that to the mix.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Thanks for posting up the video. The drag evo is bad***! Im sure it ll be clicking off some more 8sec passes soon. Had a great time. Cant wait to get'r up and running again. We ll definitely have to do it again in the fall or cooler weather.

PM me about that custom intake you guys have for the speed density setup. Id like to add that to the mix.
No problem. Ill have Junior get in touch with you so we can have it for you next time you go to the track.