Notices

CBRD BBK TURBO Available Now!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After talking to Chad on evo m for about 3 mounths I met with Chad and Caleb on Friday. What stand up guy's they are and so down to earth. Caleb took me for a ride in his car. After the ride Caleb talked to me a bit about his car and what cbrd had to offer. Then sat down with Chad to discuss pricing and what I need and or don't need. He did not pressure me into anything nor try to push anything on me. Thank you for the time you guys spent with me. To tell you the truth just riding in Caleb's car pretty much sold me. It is nice to have a speed shop not just install performance mods but do the r&d and testing the items the sell not just through them on and talk you into buying everything under the sun. So Monday I am ordering the BBK full ported , CBRD FMIC, lower intercooler piping, Perrin intake, mbc, and all the supporting mods needed for the BBK install. Like Chad said The bitterness of poor service remains long after low price is forgotten.

Thanks guys,

Fritz

Last edited by spooln2004; Mar 8, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

spooln2004...thanks for the write up. By all accounts CBRD is the kind of vendor we should all be giving our business to. Can I ask which turbocharger you cross-shopped before settling on the BBK full?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
spooln2004...thanks for the write up. By all accounts CBRD is the kind of vendor we should all be giving our business to. Can I ask which turbocharger you cross-shopped before settling on the BBK full?

I was looking at the fp green, fp red and the BBK. I talk to a couple of people that had each turbo and got feed back on all the turbos. So I based my choice on peoples feed back. Also to top it all off talking to Chad with his wealth of knowledge astounded me.

Fritz
Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thanks for the kind comments fritz,

I appreciate the positive feedback

cheers

cb
Old Mar 8, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooln2004
I was looking at the fp green, fp red and the BBK. I talk to a couple of people that had each turbo and got feed back on all the turbos. So I based my choice on peoples feed back. Also to top it all off talking to Chad with his wealth of knowledge astounded me.

Fritz
Thanks Fritz. I'm running an FP Green on 100 octane right now and have been considering a jump to the BBK or the FP Red...or maybe just going E85/larger injectors with the current same setup.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

took it to that shop yesterdayfor the install. Man I really want to see their time attack car when it is all done!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PM sent.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

i would love to get my hands on this turbo but i have seem to be having very bad luck with getting in touch with chad, been trying for 2 months now.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:58 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by atkins
i would love to get my hands on this turbo but i have seem to be having very bad luck with getting in touch with chad, been trying for 2 months now.
No freaking way. Pick up the phone and give him a call; leave your credit card info and the shipping address. Seriously don't be ridiculous. I called on a friday, had the turbo the next thursday, installed 3 days later over the weekend.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

if you really want to know ive sent at least 5 pms (including one in response to them telling them the best time and number to reach me at as they asked, still nothing and this was in the end of january) and left at least 4 messages on the voicemail at the shop. ive called the shop several other times and didnt leave a message. ive even sent a pm telling them what time i will be calling on what day and got a response telling me to leave a message if they dont answer and they will get back to me, so i did and they havent yet, this was in the begining of march. if i could i would just go to their website and purchase the turbo but they dont sell it online, it says to call and talk to chad in person to purchase. ill leave it at that unless you want to try and give me some other advice, im not real comfortable leaving a message with my c/c number on it, especially when their website saya they want to talk to you before you purchase the turbo,but if it comes to that ill give it a shot.

what part of that is being ridiculous???????

Last edited by atkins; Mar 19, 2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I sent a PM to chad earlier this month but haven't heard back either.

I'm guessing they are just super busy but it would be nice to get an answer especially when they ASK you to PM them with any questions.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Chad has always been super fast to respond to my PM's are voice messages. Call him, leave him a voicemail saying what you have just told us and I'm sure he will take care of the situation so that you are completely satisfied. Thats just the type of guy he is. We all make mistakes and I'm not saying you don't make valid points, but express to him what you have to us and I'm sure he will make good.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

first let me clarify, i have heard nothing but great things about cbrd as a company and chad as an individual. i am in no way trying to degrade his business or him as an individual. i am simply sharing my experience due to the fact that another forum member thinks im being "ridiculous" and cant believe what i had to say. im sure i will get in contact with him soon enough, i am just not the person to call a business (a busy one at that)and nag them everyday leaving message after message.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the current turnaround on these (full)? Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atkins
first let me clarify, i have heard nothing but great things about cbrd as a company and chad as an individual. i am in no way trying to degrade his business or him as an individual. i am simply sharing my experience due to the fact that another forum member thinks im being "ridiculous" and cant believe what i had to say. im sure i will get in contact with him soon enough, i am just not the person to call a business (a busy one at that)and nag them everyday leaving message after message.

Where in DE are you?

Quick Reply: CBRD BBK TURBO Available Now!!