Notices

Haltech Platinum Ecu's.. Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soon as they are ready to ship you know ill take 5 of them.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question, can i unplug my E6K and run this?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC evo1
quick question, can i unplug my E6K and run this?

No, You need the e8 or e11 to just swap out to the platinum...

Mike
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Is it special in some way, like does it support OBD II? Or is it like all those other standalones?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodood
Is it special in some way, like does it support OBD II? Or is it like all those other standalones?
Nope, its a true Pnp Standalone Ecu..
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Nope, its a true Pnp Standalone Ecu..
Bummer.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:21 AM

Bummer.
Why is it a bummer? you get emissions checked through the OBD port? In cases like these i would suggest a piggyback/parallel installation where you leave the stock ECU in place and just use the Haltech for ignition and fuel control, and what ever other option you need it to control, launch, antilag, boost, etc.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Claudio_Haltech
Why is it a bummer? you get emissions checked through the OBD port? In cases like these i would suggest a piggyback/parallel installation where you leave the stock ECU in place and just use the Haltech for ignition and fuel control, and what ever other option you need it to control, launch, antilag, boost, etc.
Piggy backing is old school and unnecessary, not to mention messes up wiring and makes it difficult to got back to stock, which hurts resale value.

The stock ecu is getting more an more powerful as it's discovered but still not as easy as having a standalone (support wise). But no1 includes standard OBDII in standalones. It would be ideal to do so that way we could have the bennefit of being able to pass emissions and full customization without have to switch ecu's or all the other hoops we have to do now.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Claudio_Haltech
Piggy backing is old school and unnecessary, not to mention messes up wiring and makes it difficult to got back to stock, which hurts resale value.

The stock ecu is getting more an more powerful as it's discovered but still not as easy as having a standalone (support wise). But no1 includes standard OBDII in standalones. It would be ideal to do so that way we could have the bennefit of being able to pass emissions and full customization without have to switch ecu's or all the other hoops we have to do now.
bummer in deed. i was told from a guy at heltech right when this thread was made that it would be able to be connected ''piggy backed'' to the stock ecu and the only thing the ecu does is emissions and uses the start up/immobilizer coding and other then that the heltech does all the fuel and timing maps and such.

then the unit is released and the guy tells me he never heard such a thing. so i am not sure what i am doing.

i like the hks units. same features with a few more and does exactly what we are looking for.

the down side is you need a pro tuner witch sucks IMO. and thats why i have not bought eather.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

A harness could be made to allow the stock ECU to be used for emissions purposes. I have seen it done for Autronic, and I'd think it would be the same idea with the Haltech unit.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jason@Synaptic3
A harness could be made to allow the stock ECU to be used for emissions purposes. I have seen it done for Autronic, and I'd think it would be the same idea with the Haltech unit.

im told no. this will not work. im told the stock ecu can not be incorporated with the heltech ecu. when i first asked i was told yea yea sure. i was ready to buy. just waiting for it to be released. then i go to buy from mike but talk to heltech one more time and i get told they never said such a thing. so now i am not buying it.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
im told no. this will not work. im told the stock ecu can not be incorporated with the heltech ecu. when i first asked i was told yea yea sure. i was ready to buy. just waiting for it to be released. then i go to buy from mike but talk to heltech one more time and i get told they never said such a thing. so now i am not buying it.
When i discussed it with Claudio at Haltech he told me ANYTHING can be done.. YES i know for a fact it can be done to do what you want.. Will you find the right person to make it happen?? probably not is the issue.. He warned me you wont be happy with the haltech the way you want it done.. Stick with the AEM..

Mike
Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

When i discussed it with Claudio at Haltech he told me ANYTHING can be done.. YES i know for a fact it can be done to do what you want.. Will you find the right person to make it happen?? probably not is the issue.. He warned me you wont be happy with the haltech the way you want it done.. Stick with the AEM..

Mike
mike

if i wanted AEM i would then just do heltech as it is better. all i wanted the ecu for was startup, emissions, and the emobilizer codes. that was it. i was told that was doable very easy. then the heltech would control everything esle that was needed for the tuning. ''simular to the HKS F con'' but the HKS means you need to be stuck to one tuner witch i do not like. the heltech ''from what i was told'' would free me/US from that.

then you tell me the ecu is out ready to buy and i goto conferm this info and i get a ''i never said that'' so i gave up. i wish i saved the conversations we had ''heltech''...... it is what it is now. mike im sorry i clogged up your thread. your a cool cat and im sorry i could not buy from you as i was all ready to do so. this is not your fault as you were always A+ with me.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
mike

if i wanted AEM i would then just do heltech as it is better. all i wanted the ecu for was startup, emissions, and the emobilizer codes. that was it. i was told that was doable very easy. then the heltech would control everything esle that was needed for the tuning. ''simular to the HKS F con'' but the HKS means you need to be stuck to one tuner witch i do not like. the heltech ''from what i was told'' would free me/US from that.

then you tell me the ecu is out ready to buy and i goto conferm this info and i get a ''i never said that'' so i gave up. i wish i saved the conversations we had ''heltech''...... it is what it is now. mike im sorry i clogged up your thread. your a cool cat and im sorry i could not buy from you as i was all ready to do so. this is not your fault as you were always A+ with me.
I never said EASY.. If your car was here Crispeed who does all the Haltechs here could wire your car to do ANYTHING you want it to do.. I have seen him do it with Lexus, NSX, RX8's etc.. However when i talked it over with claudio he GUARANTEED me 150% you would not be satisfied with the system unless you can say you have someone that KNOWS 100% how to do it.. Making 500 phone calls to haltech tech support is not going to be enjoyable for you.. for what you want the HKS Vpro is the way to go..

Mike
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:29 PM

I never said EASY.. If your car was here Crispeed who does all the Haltechs here could wire your car to do ANYTHING you want it to do.. I have seen him do it with Lexus, NSX, RX8's etc.. However when i talked it over with claudio he GUARANTEED me 150% you would not be satisfied with the system unless you can say you have someone that KNOWS 100% how to do it.. Making 500 phone calls to haltech tech support is not going to be enjoyable for you.. for what you want the HKS Vpro is the way to go..

Mike
Ok, i think i need to jump in here, sorry i hadnt monitored this thread, things have been crazy at Haltech USA these past couple of months, the new Platinum units are just pouring out of the office, we cant keep them on the shelves.

Ok, to evodan2004, here's your situation. You are requesting an installation which would consist of the factory ECU being left in place so that your obd2 still works, and you still have immobilizer functionality, this installation can be accomplish with a Haltech much in the same manner HKS does, you get your self a Jumper/Extension harness and the Haltech short loom option, you wire up the Haltech ECU to only the ignition, injection, idle, sensors, and such, and voiala! You have a fully programmable in real time solution, and your obd2 data still is spat out through the diagnostics port. Also, emissions and startup are handled by the Haltech as well, which if you ask anybody who's used an E8/E11/Ps1k/Ps2k recently with a PnP option will tell you it runs VERY close! (if not better) than stock, and certainly better than an AEM! Thats guaranteed!

If you can do without the stock ECU, then you simply purchase the already available for quite some time Plug n Play harness, and take out the factory ECU all together.

Here's a pic of what you would use, pretend the ECU is a Sport box, i snapped this a while back before they were available yet.

Here's what we're suggesting you do, with the big bold Warning: this needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing!

You use a jumper harness together with the haltech short loom, and thats it. Its comparable to an eManage installation, but with much more power and control over the engine.

Does that clear that up? I hope so.

Last edited by Claudio_Haltech; Jun 17, 2009 at 05:33 PM.