Notices

Mishimoto Releases Evo 4,5,6 Fan Shroud Kit!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mishimoto Releases Evo 4,5,6 Fan Shroud Kit!

May 12, 2009 - Mishimoto is proud to announce the release of a new performance aluminum fan shroud kit for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4, 5, and 6. Every Mishimoto fan shroud is made for a direct OEM fit and includes two pre-assembled Mishimoto slim electric fans.

All Mishimoto fan shrouds are significantly lighter and more durable than OEM fan shrouds and will notably improve engine cooling performance and appearance. The Mishimoto fan shroud kits increase your cars cooling performance by delivering a significant amount of air to the radiator and removing excess heat from your engine. The new fan shroud kits also safely secure the fan blades from potentially damaging other essential engine components. For more information on all of the new Mishimoto products visit Mishimoto.com or call 1- 877-GO-MISHI. Mishimoto fan shroud kits are now available for the following applications:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4, 5, 6

Model: MMFS-EVO-456

Old May 18, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Have you guys considered making air vent flaps in the shroud to aid air travel when the vehicle is driving at speed. The shroud greatly helps low speed cooling by pulling more air thru the radiator, but at speed it would seem to be a restriction on airflow.
Old May 18, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't see the point of blocking off the whole radiator besides where the fans sit.
Old May 18, 2009, 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry to say but this type of shroud serves no performance gain unless the fans are on 100% of the time. In fact it blocks air from flowing through the radiator except where the fans are located. A shroud before the radiator/intercooler would be the correct way to promote cooling.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tvieira24
I'm sorry to say but this type of shroud serves no performance gain unless the fans are on 100% of the time. In fact it blocks air from flowing through the radiator except where the fans are located. A shroud before the radiator/intercooler would be the correct way to promote cooling.
The fans behind the radiator pull the air from the space that the shroud blocks. Rear mounted shrouds with pull fans are 15% more efficient then front mounted shrouds with push fans.
Old May 19, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
Shrouds in front of the radiator do help, but you cant say that rear mounted shrouds are only effective when the fans are on full time and make any sense. A large majority of cars on the road today have fans and shrouds designed very similar to this from the factory and they work fine. You dont see alot of regular cars running elaborate pre-radiator shrouds. You typically only see that on higher end stuff like BMW, Mercedes and Audi and most those manufacturers use smaller, thinner radiator cores for which the additional shrouding is needed. I dont think the mishimotor design is bad, just a bit restrictive at higher speeds. When I buy mine im just going to modify it myself with some bypass flaps to assist airflow at higher speeds when the fans are off.