Notices

CBRD BBK and JMFab Exhaust Manifolds..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CBRD BBK and JMFab Exhaust Manifolds..

Well, we have been doing alot of BBK's recently... and they have been turning out great as always...

We tend to use alot of ported and coated stock manifolds, but many of our clients want the performance and look of a GOOD tubular manifold. From there we turn to our friends at jm fabrications. They build a manifold for us that is beautiful in it's form as well as function... and we've NEVER had one crack or fail under stress (street or road race duty). Some of the highest hp BBK car's we have built have been on the JM Fabrication manifold... so I was inclined to offer a package for both our product and their's (in agreement with JM Fabrication of course)...

The BBK Full (ported) is typically 1740.00 shipped anywhere in the US
The JM Fabrications Manifold is typically 950.00 plus shipping in the US

That totals apprx: $2730.00 for both,

we will be offering the pair together shipped in the continental US for $2600.00

(also, be sure to inquire about the special spark plug cover pricing with the pair )

We are only able to offer this because of JMfabrications allowing us to package it exclusively with our BBK. We are basically knocking off the shipping and a little from the manifold!!

Here is a pic of a current installation on an evo 8, that made 404whp on 93 pump gas with the manifold and our BBK with some cams, and bolt ons, pretty solid 100whp gains over the stock turbo stock manifold and stock cams!!

and some other pretty bbk boosting parts from CBRD

Here is the dynochart showing the stock turbo (stock cams, stock manifold) and then the BBK with manifold (headstuds, injectors, s1 cams)..

We will be offering our BBX turbo with a twinscroll tubular manifold shortly for the EVO X as a pair!!!

These are the same guys that produce the Tial housing turbo manifolds and o2 housings for our TAK33R kit

Thanks everyone

Chad B
CBRD LLC

Last edited by CBRD; Jan 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you guys tested this manifold against a stock PnP mani? If so, what was the results?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by vaboostn33
have you guys tested this manifold against a stock PnP mani? If so, what was the results?
we have not done a TRUE back to back test... as things get pretty hot on the dyno... I am going to try to get mark our tech to throw on some kevlar/nomex thermal gloves and swap them sometime shortly to do a test, but it has to be well planned. We typically in the past found a slightly loss in torque (aka spool) but with an increase in peak power and better 'breathing' (aka more timing leaner mixtures less knock) up top..

the newest revision with the radiused inlet/port head flange has shown a reduction in spool loss and good gains up top. I can confidently say I feel this manifold is worth apprx 10-15 peak whp with no loss in torque and minimal spool up changes (apprx 50-100 rpm)..

I would not be making this program available if I wasn't confident in the ability of the combination!!

Cheers

CB
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CBRD wouldn't pair up there BBK turbo if this manifold wasn't up to their standards... nice work CBRD!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

I always like the results of the Full Race Manifolds in the beginning, I felt it was the the best tubular stock location manifold, but JMFAB came to the table with this revised manifold, and it is fantastic, ill post some pics in a few....

our evo X manifold will be no different!

cheers

cb
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

i have the Full-race manifold version 2... it actually helped spool

since i have the older flange (smaller ports) im considering selling the manifold and going for this or another full-race mani... lookin forward to your testing.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

BUMP for you guys and JMFab. Two great shops to deal with. Kit looks nice and performs.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that manifold looks like pure sex. I would pony up my cash if I saw some dyno results. Looks sweet none the less
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

This would be a great combo!

Good thing I already have a Full-Race manifold, even though it's the 1st gen.

-Jalal
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:28 AM
Account Disabled

Pics added to the original post!!!!

cb
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn that is a pretty awesome package you guys have there...Very tempting...

So Chad when should we expect some more testing, results, & pricing from the BBK-B?!?!?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

just saw the updated post. one word.... WOW. manifold looks awesome! looks like this mani has bigger runner tubes...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

The only "issue" I saw with that manifold, you somewhat touched on. The runners are considerably smaller then those on the flange. There was a thread posted not too long ago about a stock frame mani that had somewhat the same design runner/flange wise, and didnt turn out to well. Which would make sense with the spool. Not knocking the product at all, looks clean as ish, just wanting to see the comparo with a stock PnP since I was lookin to pick up one of these turbos within the next month or so.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

My problem with the full-race manifold is that the flange openings are smaller then the runners and smaller then the opening of the head. Full-race has made revesions since i bought this mani. Just by bolting it on the AFR leaned out. If memory serves me correctly, when TTP tuned my car in the past, he mentioned the samething.

back on topic! bump for CBRD.

Last edited by Viciouslord; Jan 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

if you even measure the ported manifolds (most of which are barely ported) they dont always open up to the size of the head port...

these manifolds use an optimized runner size and equal length that produce optimal flow up top without bottom end loss due to oversized runners.

We have toyed with larger primaries in certain applications and its always a balance.

The oem manifold (without porting) is 53.3 mm at its widest point on the flange face and 33.7mm in height,

this flange is 56.5mm wide and 41.2 mm on height with 22.7mm of depth before the start of the primary which is apprx 37mm internally.

cheers

cb

Quick Reply: CBRD BBK and JMFab Exhaust Manifolds..