Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Black Listed Mitsudealerships

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Fuller in Watertown, MA S_CKS BA_LS !!!! don't go there...
I went there looking to buy an evo.... (used) ... we were trying to negotiate the price .. blah blah.. . the manager came up to us and start to yell at us ... ..telling us to take it or get the F outta here.... I was like WTF ?? I WAS PISSED! the sales manager was an BIG A HOLE!! DO NOT GO THERE
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
I concurred w/ SKIEVO9. I was with my friend who bought a used 03 from them. It already have mods on it,. The salesman said the car the car was FULLY warrantied. Within a week after my friend purchased it, there was a boostleak. He bought it to a local dealership and they laughed..proceeded to give us a hard time. Drove back to Healey's, confronted and was told they will warranty it there (Healey's) When as this in writing..the sales manager told him to write it on a piece of paper and sign it..insulting us..thinking we're stupid. Very shady sale tactics. However, the service shop is great.
Your friend may have options. Check the paperwork. On the buyer's order it should state that the car has a used car warranty and that warranty should be spelled out somewhere, usually in a separate document.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

add this to the california list:

riverside mitsubishi

hands down the worst service ever!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 05:34 AM

Harold Zeigler Mitsubishi in Kalamazoo, MI.....

Sold me my used 04.... GUARANTEED me it had a 100k warranty. MMNA tells me the 100k warranty does not transfer to 2nd owner.

Then they tell me the CARFAX is clean. (which like an idiot I didnt check). About a week or two later I began checking the car over when I got a clearing in the weahter. I noticed the front fender was not the original. I ran a carfax ans sure enough lists minor damage in the report. Now I can tell it was very minor damage and it happened one month after the original owner bought the car, but THIS WAS THE SECOND LIE TO ME. They have not returned my calls.

VERY SHADY.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

People's Mitsubishi Las Vegas, NV - horrible after-sale customer service, arrogant service people

Bought my Evo from these guys. Walked in with a check for $28k and they were all buddy-buddy until I sgned the contract, then it was like Jekyll turned into Hyde. They wouldn't accept my check because the bank it was drawn on was not located here in Las Vegas. They said it was because "checks aren't cash". When I asked why they couldn't take the check to their bank and cash it, they said "because we would have to wait 10 days for the money". By NV law (and I looked it up) because I signed the contract already, there wasn't a lot I could do.

Anyway, so they wouldn't let me have my car until the check cleared because as the GM said "we don't want to run the risk of you calling your bank and putting a stop payment on the check". WTF? If I did that, they could just go back and take the car anyway, right?

So I got pissed and decided to give them their contract, take my check and go elsewhere. Well, I go in to do that and the finance guy tells me that they'll take the contract back and give me my check back, but they were keeping my Aerio that I traded in! WTF? How can they do that? He said it was because of all the hassle I had caused them, that they are able to do that to recoup t he cost of going through that hassle. When I told the GM about this, he calls the finance guy over to him and the finance guy LIED right to the GM's face! He said he never said anything like that! I was read to kick that finance guy's @$$ right there!

The icing on the cake was about 2 months later, I got a nail in my tire. I take my car in to their service department to get it repaired. When I got the car, I also got a tire/wheel replacement extended warranty, which clearly states that should anything happen to any rims or tires I have on the car, I could take the car to the dealer and they would repair/replace the rim/tire for free, no matter what happened to it. Well, the service guy told me he wasn't going to work on my car. He flat out refused to fix the nail damage! I showed him a copy of the warranty contract and even bolded the part where it said "no matter what caused the damage" and he STILL refused! So I took my car elsewhere and got it done, at no cost to me.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Qest
Your friend may have options. Check the paperwork. On the buyer's order it should state that the car has a used car warranty and that warranty should be spelled out somewhere, usually in a separate document.
A used car STOCK warranty. All work was done at HEALEY'S however, nothing on the documentation (in their computer, sales paperwork) mentioned any of the mods. As far as mitsubishi and any other dealership is concern, the car is stock. So, if he brings it to any dealership other than Healey, than, it will be voided. If Healey wanted to, they can claim the car was never modded, (since its not in the computer system or on any sales document) and deny his warranty.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
A used car STOCK warranty. All work was done at HEALEY'S however, nothing on the documentation (in their computer, sales paperwork) mentioned any of the mods. As far as mitsubishi and any other dealership is concern, the car is stock. So, if he brings it to any dealership other than Healey, than, it will be voided. If Healey wanted to, they can claim the car was never modded, (since its not in the computer system or on any sales document) and deny his warranty.
My opinion is that if they do warranty it at that dealership, that's ok. Not the greatest, but ok. If they did stab him in the back as you suggest, that would be a great reason to add that dealership to this list.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, I just want to give props to the Fresno Mitsubishi dealer (I noticed it's on the list), if only because I bought my MR there today and the guy that sold it to me (Steve) not only matched the South Coast December pricing, but was an absolutely great guy through the whole thing. Taking it in for service might be a different story (like the previous poster who dealt with the Fresno dealership) but the buying experience was the best I've had so far...
Old Dec 30, 2006, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Foggy
Okay, I just want to give props to the Fresno Mitsubishi dealer (I noticed it's on the list), if only because I bought my MR there today and the guy that sold it to me (Steve) not only matched the South Coast December pricing, but was an absolutely great guy through the whole thing. Taking it in for service might be a different story (like the previous poster who dealt with the Fresno dealership) but the buying experience was the best I've had so far...
They sold you a car that's no longer in production for the same price as another dealership's advertised price. The guy who got paid commission on your deal was "an absolutely great guy through the whole thing."

That doesn't seem unusual to me.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 09:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wildcat Mitsubishi, Tucson....bad customer service...I swear everytime I roll up in there I wait like 20 minutes to get help. They always want your money but, damn'ed if your gonna get some help! Last time, I was there early for an appt at 8:00 and the gates to service were open....guy was smoking a cigarette...said were not open yet! I said well don't open the gate if your not open. Then he got all pissy about having to help me cause it was his job.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:33 PM

Mark Mitsubishi in Scottsdale AZ are full of it. Last week I came in to look@ a EB IX and they gave me a price of 32900 (inc. ttl). Ever since then I have received nothing but hiccups in the deal. First, off they tried to make me fill out a credit app. when I have been pre-approved through my credit union. Then when my credt union says that they needed some paperwork. I called them ,and I didn't even receive a call back till the next day. I'm a bit upset because I should have had the car last Friday. Everytime I called them, I keep being diverted to an answering machine or someone is always busy. Thats not someway to treat a customer who is trying to buy your best vehicle. Iam so pissed off that I am thinking to opt out of the deal. Also don't go to Avondale Mitsubishi for sales. They tried to give me next to nothing on my trade(2001 Ford Expedition) when in the KBB it was worth twice as much and then tried to come at me with an 850 payment and 36000 for the IX. I may have to wait till I go back to my hometown (Jax, FL) and get one if I feel I can wait.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

South Coast Mitsubishi ( on Harbor Blvd)
service mngr. Gladys is a f***ing b****
Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerdealer
Maybe we should start a black list for grocery stores that don't keep the shopping carts from running into YOUR car, or maybe we should start a black list for the gravel trucks that drop gravel on the road and you get a rock chip, or maybe we should make a list for the states that DON'T spray for mosquitoes because they get stuck on the front of your car.

How ridiculous.
This person must own or work at A Mitsu Stealership that voids your entire powertrain if you change your headlight bulb and your air bags for not using their certified air freshners. BTW- you guys would probably void the warranties of our EVO's for everything that you mention up there.

Last edited by rocket_man; Dec 31, 2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

put stevens Creek dealership in california on the black list for having a bad custumer service but cheap at selling evo's
Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
York, Mitsubishi....rotated my tires and all and my stock advans were trash at 11,000 and they said it was normal...i almost had a blow out and couldnt even cover it....just tires....so for now...CRAP

Quick Reply: Black Listed Mitsudealerships