Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Black Listed Mitsudealerships

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but Fresno Mitsubishi in California closed its doors a few months ago.

EDIT: After a quick Google search, it seems they closed 2 years ago. Shows what I know in my area lol

Last edited by Jim3142; Feb 22, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand mitsu. in illinois they are horrible. i bought my car from them brand new few months later canceled my protection plan and needed to get the money back from that took like 6 months to get that back everytime i called them to see what was going on with it they had a new head guy in the department(seriously EVERY time i called) when i had a blown t-case they threw a title at me saying this guy had to come in and see what was wrong witht the car AFTER they took it for a drive. oh yeah and when i first bought the car i was talking to another dealer and got a good price and Grand said they would match it if i bought from them, when i got back there they took the deal away and one of the OWNERS of the dealership was basicly yelling telling me the other dealer had no car and they were trying to sell me the car grand had. i dont care how many awards they won i hate grand mitsu.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution23
Long Beach Mitsu couldn't sell ICE in HELL!
Hahahaha.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mission664
Grand mitsu. in illinois they are horrible. i bought my car from them brand new few months later canceled my protection plan and needed to get the money back from that took like 6 months to get that back everytime i called them to see what was going on with it they had a new head guy in the department(seriously EVERY time i called) when i had a blown t-case they threw a title at me saying this guy had to come in and see what was wrong witht the car AFTER they took it for a drive. oh yeah and when i first bought the car i was talking to another dealer and got a good price and Grand said they would match it if i bought from them, when i got back there they took the deal away and one of the OWNERS of the dealership was basicly yelling telling me the other dealer had no car and they were trying to sell me the car grand had. i dont care how many awards they won i hate grand mitsu.
Sorry to hear. I bought my car from them and haven't had any issues from them. In fact, I just recently convinced them to let me pick my loaner car I got when I had my hood scoop painted under warrranty. I told them that because I was "down grading" I wanted one that was a little less awful....
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:35 AM

I had the absolute WORST buying experience of my life at KING MITSUBISHI in Gaithersburg MD. Not only did they rob me of my trade on an 04 Twin turbo vette- but the owner literally lied to my face just to get my car for the turbo to use as parts! They are all morons there- gave my wife a key to a completely diferent car! They told us we had to drive the 3 hours back down there so they could program key to work. what a waste of time they could have just mailed it to us. Then the *******s drilled holes in my bumber to mount a front plate (law in MD) however i specifically told them not to. I had to threaten them with a lawyer before they would even consider helping me out with the hole problem. Also- they overcharged me on my tags. Got a refund 3 weeks later!!! STAY AWAY FROM KING! ----bunch of ******* criminals
Old May 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Oh I forgot to mention, when I lived in IL (2months back with family) and had to do some bs service on my eclipse, Schaumburg Mitsubishi off of Golf road had the WORST service. They would deny warrantee because of a K&N filter, the service manager was an ******* unless you were spending a lot of dough or had nice T&A. A lot of DSM guys have blacklisted that dealership as far as service is concerned.
lol. thats where i bought my ralliart. which brings me to a story thats 100% true, but someone else would probably tell me i was full of it. so i go in after months of research on what car i wanted and i fell in love with the ralliart. i go in to buy a fully loaded one. great. everything is going to plan, the salesman "dan" aka "mitsubishi dan" - thats the name i gave him. anyways, he was a nice guy took care of me and got my car about a week and a half later. i did ask for a sportback but later found out when they said they "received it" i went in to pick it up and it was a sedan. i will not bash them on this because after taking a look at the sedan. it was love at first site. so it was a win in my book. but here is the real ****ed up thing that happened. so after the sale, the salesman which was very "charismatic, uplifting,etc.." type of guy. he tells me, "hey man, we should head out and grab some beers sometime" , yeah sure. thats totally fine. turns out, this guy ends up calling me about a 2 weeks later telling me he's in a financial bind. so im like "well im sorry to hear that buddy, whatsup" he says hes got a ex wife issue, blah blah blah. then he had the biggest ***** in the world to ask me for a favor. so i say "what kind of favor". he says " well you know im in a financial bind , but i need to get some money so i can pay the lawyer, etc..", "but im looking for 3k" . i just stood there with the phone and im just thinking, "wtf , did you just say" . so i told him that there was no way in hell i was going to fork over that money. hell, i just dropped like 11.5k on the initial down payment of the car. then he says, yeah i know its hard for me to ask out of the blue, but would 1500 work? im like, hell no. that dirtbag hasn't called me since. what a pos 2 faced lier. telling me, " i dont make any money selling new cars". thats not my problem, and the fact that you actually tried befriending me and making yourself look and act like we were going to be friends forever is definitely not cool. other than that, the general manager guy seems fine. so yeah, take it from me. if you see a fat bald guy named "dan" stay away from him. he seems very nice, and if he notices the customer is a nice guy such as my self, he will take advantage. you have been warned.
Old May 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MMmm Veracom belongs in this bucket. The sales department is shady as hell, but which dealership isn't? The parts department is also shady. I pretended I wanted to be a mechanic there and was talking to the service manager.

He asked me if I knew how to "make" work. Those of you not in the industry, basically this is getting the client to agree to fixing something that either doesn't need replacing yet or isn't really broken. Basically a jack move. So I know they are dirty...

San Rafael Mitsu...now let me explain myself before everyone gets on me for this one. Generally in Norcal they are the best dealership and are the most fair. However they have a service manager that doesn't belong working on evos.

He is some retired Marine, maybe 60 or so. He tried to drive my car into the service garage while my gf was sitting in there. He didn't realize it was an MR so instead of putting it in reverse he put it in 6th. He got frustrated and instead of asking me or my gf, he forced the shifter into 6th without pulling up on the little lever. My gf said the most horrible crunching grinding sound happened.

I guess he was pissed that he ****ed up with a customer in the car and he proceeded to aggressively drive my car into the service garage. Well they have a dip, right at the garage line and since he tried going in at 25 mph instead of 5 mph my car bottomed out and the zero lift kit and undertray ripped out.

The other mechanic just stood there and couldn't believe it. But he didn't say anything and when the old man got out of my car he said "All these evos scrape because they are so low". Interestingly enough I had been to this dealership multiple times and I know at 5mph it doesn't scrape, so he was bull****ting me.

I didn't even bother saying anything because my car was modded. So I just let it go seeing as there was no actual damage to anything vital. Sigh.....
Old May 10, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
MMmm Veracom belongs in this bucket. The sales department is shady as hell, but which dealership isn't? The parts department is also shady. I pretended I wanted to be a mechanic there and was talking to the service manager.

He asked me if I knew how to "make" work. Those of you not in the industry, basically this is getting the client to agree to fixing something that either doesn't need replacing yet or isn't really broken. Basically a jack move. So I know they are dirty...

San Rafael Mitsu...now let me explain myself before everyone gets on me for this one. Generally in Norcal they are the best dealership and are the most fair. However they have a service manager that doesn't belong working on evos.

He is some retired Marine, maybe 60 or so. He tried to drive my car into the service garage while my gf was sitting in there. He didn't realize it was an MR so instead of putting it in reverse he put it in 6th. He got frustrated and instead of asking me or my gf, he forced the shifter into 6th without pulling up on the little lever. My gf said the most horrible crunching grinding sound happened.

I guess he was pissed that he ****ed up with a customer in the car and he proceeded to aggressively drive my car into the service garage. Well they have a dip, right at the garage line and since he tried going in at 25 mph instead of 5 mph my car bottomed out and the zero lift kit and undertray ripped out.

The other mechanic just stood there and couldn't believe it. But he didn't say anything and when the old man got out of my car he said "All these evos scrape because they are so low". Interestingly enough I had been to this dealership multiple times and I know at 5mph it doesn't scrape, so he was bull****ting me.

I didn't even bother saying anything because my car was modded. So I just let it go seeing as there was no actual damage to anything vital. Sigh.....
**** THAT! i would have told him, "my turn MOTHER****ER, wheres your ****ing car at, im hittin that dip at 50, man i cant stand it when people abuse other peoples **** like that, thats y i dont let anyone drive my ****, unless i really have to and then im watching them the whole way from the lot to the stall
Old May 10, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newmitsuowner
lol. thats where i bought my ralliart. which brings me to a story thats 100% true, but someone else would probably tell me i was full of it. so i go in after months of research on what car i wanted and i fell in love with the ralliart. i go in to buy a fully loaded one. great. everything is going to plan, the salesman "dan" aka "mitsubishi dan" - thats the name i gave him. anyways, he was a nice guy took care of me and got my car about a week and a half later. i did ask for a sportback but later found out when they said they "received it" i went in to pick it up and it was a sedan. i will not bash them on this because after taking a look at the sedan. it was love at first site. so it was a win in my book. but here is the real ****ed up thing that happened. so after the sale, the salesman which was very "charismatic, uplifting,etc.." type of guy. he tells me, "hey man, we should head out and grab some beers sometime" , yeah sure. thats totally fine. turns out, this guy ends up calling me about a 2 weeks later telling me he's in a financial bind. so im like "well im sorry to hear that buddy, whatsup" he says hes got a ex wife issue, blah blah blah. then he had the biggest ***** in the world to ask me for a favor. so i say "what kind of favor". he says " well you know im in a financial bind , but i need to get some money so i can pay the lawyer, etc..", "but im looking for 3k" . i just stood there with the phone and im just thinking, "wtf , did you just say" . so i told him that there was no way in hell i was going to fork over that money. hell, i just dropped like 11.5k on the initial down payment of the car. then he says, yeah i know its hard for me to ask out of the blue, but would 1500 work? im like, hell no. that dirtbag hasn't called me since. what a pos 2 faced lier. telling me, " i dont make any money selling new cars". thats not my problem, and the fact that you actually tried befriending me and making yourself look and act like we were going to be friends forever is definitely not cool. other than that, the general manager guy seems fine. so yeah, take it from me. if you see a fat bald guy named "dan" stay away from him. he seems very nice, and if he notices the customer is a nice guy such as my self, he will take advantage. you have been warned.
some people have no dignity, damn, how sorry can you be, thats just sad
Old May 10, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4bangn
some people have no dignity, damn, how sorry can you be, thats just sad
ive been there twice already for regular maintenance, oil change, etc. and see him there. i wont say anything to him , but if he says "hi", im not going to be an arrogant *****. i do have dignity unless i completely loathe someone, then they dont even deserve that much. but yeah, that place is weird. one of the mechanics told me that the car is fine with regular oil and im just thinking , "wait a second, it says in the manual it needs synthetic only". the mechanic said, "nah, regular oil is fine". so if regular oil is fine, is he suggesting i get regular oil so i can come in more times because of the 3000 mile oil change, from the regular oil? someone is misinformed. but i do have a 5000k maintenance i need to do on the car. but hey, they gave me a 18 dollar oil change coupon so ill take it, grin and bear it. whats the worst that can happen, if mitsu wants to **** up the car, then thats fine. they'll pay for it in the end. im keeping my car stock until my 100k warranty runs out. they will have a field day and jaws dropping that they cant do **** about "oh your warranty is void because of this or that" crap, when warranty replacement time comes up. lol
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Automax Mitsubishi in Killeen, Tx , they didn't wanna warranty my calipers. They said it looked like I sprayed brake cleaner on them , they also did that to a friend of mine. Another local guy had bolt ons and his spoiler was fading and they didn't warranty it because of the mods and the last story I know of is an Evo X having the timing chain stretch which is a known issue and they didn't warranty it because he had a tbe and ic pipes.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:53 PM

Add Roseville mitsubishi to the list!!!!!!!!!!!!(california) I had a noise coming from the timing belt area. I took it in and they said it was a bad timing belt idler pulley and that they needed to wait for a special tool to do it without taking off the timing belt. **I know this is not possible because I'm a mechanic** They supposedly completed it and it supposedly fixed it. next day same noise. I take it to another dealer farther south with the same complaint. they said it was the timing belt idler pulley and they were going to replace that and my timing belt and my balance shaft belt all under warranty. F Roseville mitsu!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cat

Brandon Mitsubishi in Tampa, Florida. Don't buy from those guys. They're masters of the bait and switch and sleight of hand.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 02:29 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST

Did he have glasses? If so, that's Peter Niehoff the old service manager. I'm surprised he did that, I've been dealing with him for years. He knows the evo and respects the car wholeheartedly. I used to deal with him exclusively before the owner demoted him to tech for not upselling customers.

The new service manager is a real c*cksucker though, I'm willing to bet he would void your warranty and f*ck up your transmission in a quick second.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:39 PM

Colonial Auto in Charlottesville, VA gave me the blank stare when i wanted to get some factory parts for an EVO. They seriously did not understand wtf an evo was. And then they started telling me they did everything by VIN and couldn't order parts that weren't on my VIN (all weather mats are the specific example).
They suck.

Quick Reply: Black Listed Mitsudealerships