Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

SUN Hyper Force/Hyper Voltage

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 07:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting... I was told that the power out put was about the same.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
personally no, but we have a few customers who have. Gave them a smoother idle, and a bit crisper revs through the range. I've got independant dyno's that showed it made a couple hp, but the driveability aspect is probably it's best selling point. But, it is not a DLI II and should not be considered a less expensive alternative to it. The two are totally different
DLI 2 = ignition amplifier
and what is the hyperforce???
Old May 25, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
I couldn't agree more, I bought this product hoping that it would perform like the DLI II as from what I was told "Its the same thing" but it doesn't seem to be. So far from my testing it did very much improve the things discribed above but it did not rid my ignition problem (High boost higher rpm breakup). It did seem to improve it a small amount but it isn't an ignition system alternative for a higher hp car.

Just my .02

Ok I would like to correct this statement, I did some compairson between this unit and the HKS DLI II and it seems the same thing is happening with both units. With the Sun Hyper force I was able to run a much larger plug gap .20 to .26 but the plugs still seem to degrade themselves quickly. This same thing happens on a local friends GT35R car with the HKS DLI II. Also we both still end up with the high rpm ignition breakup also that gets worse as the plug grade goes down.

I am correcting this becuase it does seem that the Sun Hyperforce is doing a much better job that I had thought as I test and as I read results from a DLI II car as well. It is perfect, no but it does seem to be better than I had perviously thought.
Old May 25, 2006, 06:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I saw that they advertise about the same power output as the DLI II. However, I'd not spoken to anyone who has tested them back to back.

What plugs are you using BTW?
Old May 25, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I saw that they advertise about the same power output as the DLI II. However, I'd not spoken to anyone who has tested them back to back.

What plugs are you using BTW?

BPR7ES & BPR7EIX Seems like the stock coils just fail to charge adaquitly at higher rpm and the high pressure seems to bring that out. At the same time I don't want to change the dwell too much and end up causing more issues or frying the coils. Just still going to procede building my 1g ignition setup.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
personally no, but we have a few customers who have. Gave them a smoother idle, and a bit crisper revs through the range. I've got independant dyno's that showed it made a couple hp, but the driveability aspect is probably it's best selling point. But, it is not a DLI II and should not be considered a less expensive alternative to it. The two are totally different
the hyperforce is an ignition amplifier... it boost the ignition almost as much as the hks dli2, enough for them to be comparable.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:26 PM

I just got one of these used but no documentation... contacted Sun with no response and would like to hook this up without frying my system.

Anyone willing to scan the docs or fax them to me?

dWiGhT
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Installed mine today, easy to install 15min, plug n play, bit cleaner revs, smarter response. I would say between 5~10hp and 7lbsTq more.
I'm happy with the result and recommend this mod.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Here are the dyno graphs of before and after the sun auto hyperforce is installed.

The test was done on an evo ix w/ just 2.75 tanabe downpipe and HKS Hiper Exhaust.

Before

After

All tests were performed on our AWD Dyno Dynamics.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:24 PM

Off topic!

I have had this for about a year and am know seeing that my flashing light is so week it is almost off. Could this be because of my plugs needing to be changed. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Rob
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I have a 05 MR and was wondering if anyone else was seeing the RPM's hold after hitting boost and letting off the gas. The RPM's will stay at 3500 and then slowly settle after letting of the gas pedal.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

I just installed the one I finally bought that's been sitting around for a week. I haven't test driven it yet, but I have to say, the install was surprisingly straightforward and simple. Plug 'n play is the best! I also installed a Hyper Voltage system at the same time. It's a shame the cases don't match in color (the Hyper Force is anodized blue, the Hyper Voltage is painted blue and is a couple shades darker), but it's no biggie. Can't wait to get it out and see how it feels.

- Patrick
Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

+1 ^^, wanted to know how it goes for you and if your hyper voltage tends to drain the battery when not on... I have had some issues with it plugged in just over a couple of days and the battery needing a jump. took it off and had the car sit for a week and had no issues.. jsut wondering..
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dont mean to revive an old thread again, but answering the question above me. the battery might be on its way out. The HVS wouldnt be putting a strain on the battery as its purpose it to be like a backup battery so to speak to provide a consistent flow of electricity. I have had mine on the car for about a week now and there is no sign at all of the battery being strained or very harsh starts....it actually starts faster. Hope that shed some light on your question.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:28 PM

I'm not so sure, because with my SUN hyper voltage system installed the car needs to get jumped to start after a week. Uninstalled the car lasts a little over 2 wks and this has been different batteries. I couldn't figure out what it was that was draining it until I took off the SUN. I noticed an improvment with it on but with it off the car can stay undriven longer. Trade off.

Quick Reply: SUN Hyper Force/Hyper Voltage