Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

I need help; Orbital Prestige kit defective, Orbital not responding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help; Orbital Prestige kit defective, Orbital not responding

Hey guys I need some help,

I ordered my Orbital Prestige 2-din trim kit through 201 MotorSports and I waited for months for it because of "manufacturing problems" and even more painting problems. When I finally got my kit a few months after ordering it. The kit sat in my apartment for the next 2 months (still in box).

I finally decided to install it a week ago today. and to my suprise when I tried to snap in the upper 2-din piece it was severely warped, instead of following the normal curvature of the dash the kit was waroped like this: ^ (rough graphical representation heh). It took a good 2 hours of massaging the piece to make it snap in and even now the kit is misaligned with gaps around the edges, dents in it and warps in it.

I talked to Phil at 201 who gave me Orbitals contact information. I sent them two emails; one through their email at sales@orbitaltechnik.com and another through their website page called "contact us" that was Saturday april 7th expecting to get a reply at least by Tuesday the 10th. With no reply I called them Tuesday the 10th with no answer (at 4:30 PM) and left a message with all my information. april 12th there was still no reply to ethier my phone calls or emails so I called again, this time at 2:30 hoping to talk to someone, again no answer only answering machine I left another message. At this time its 2:50 Friday the 13th with no reply to my numerous messages and I was hoping to get some help from the community.

I don't know what you guys can do but I was hoping that this will finally get orbitals attention or you guys can help. I really don't want to be stuck with a defective, warped, dented $300 trim piece.

I will hopfully upload images tonight.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:57 AM
Account Disabled

Damn that sucks bro....why is it everytime someone has a problem with a part including me....you can't get a hold of these companies. They're so quick to take that money out of your account but not quick on customer service or refunds? God I hate crap like this. Good luck man.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Well this kind of bums me out, because im about 1 month away from getting mine

good luck though.

keep us posted.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

thats why I made my own... not to mention they are charging an assload of money for theirs
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Considering how many people have posted how great their kits were packaged and how good it looks, I think you might've been struck by a bit of bad luck.

But the guys over at Orbital are usually very good about responding to complaints/concerns/questions...did you pm Rich@orbital about it?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

they were good in replacing my unit...even though mine was really defective perse, just some paint issues. i just think rich might be a little busy getting the backordereds finished and such...i dont know the situation but you should try to PM him.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

As suggested try the PM route, as surprisingly Rich@Orbital is sometimes a bit more responsive to those

Not sure why you're being bounced over to Orbital, when you bought it from 201. They should be working to get you a replacement asap, but of course Orbital might end up being the faster option at getting things fixed.

Good luck. It's a really great piece and love it every time I use my 2-din radio
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the suggjestions for the PM, I did just that.

Hopfully I'll get a reply
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure he will answer you. I got mine(metallic finish) in the first group buy here in evolutionm and fits perfectly. If you click in my signature you can see it. Like TSIAWD666 said you should check with 201 too.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Import Junky
Damn that sucks bro....why is it everytime someone has a problem with a part including me....you can't get a hold of these companies. They're so quick to take that money out of your account but not quick on customer service or refunds? God I hate crap like this. Good luck man.
In this instance the company that appears to be lacking in the customer service department the most is the place the OP bought the unit from. I'm sure Orbital sells the part to the shop mentioned at a discounted price. This works in the same manner as a dealership selling cars for a manufacturer. If everytime you had a problem, your dealer told you to call the manufacturer and passed the buck that would get old real soon. Instead of passing along the number to Orbital he should have offered to handle the matter himself.

All vendors buy at a discount. Part of the discount includes making money,but also dealing with problems when they arise. To the OP,from every everything I've seen and heard the Orbital products fit and look well,give them a chance to respond. Good luck either way